PDA

View Full Version : Chevrolet/GM & Subaru Dealsethip Recommendations

D-Man
10-30-2010, 08:37 AM
So, I'm coming back to Alberta and will be living in Calgary for about a year.

I'm looking for a good chevrolet/gm dealership to take my truck to for regular maintenance/warranty work.

Also, will be selling the truck in the spring and will probably buy the 2011 subaru wrx sti. Which subaru dealership should I go to? Heard a few bad reviews of Subaru Calgary...

Thanks!

PD77
10-30-2010, 09:05 AM
No clue on the GM dealership but the Subaru guys have had the best experiences with Scott Subaru in Red Deer...much better than Edmonton or Calgary.

Truevi3tromeo
10-30-2010, 04:04 PM
seriously.. i went to calgary subaru twice... first time last year customer sales rep was horrible.. my friend was looking at the sti and the service guy completely ignored me and our other friend when we're asking questions, he's just like 'let me talk to the guy looking to buy the car only'.... i was like.. wtf...

we went back two days ago to calgary subaru and its even WORST then teh first time... the receptionist was top notch though, kept trying to find us a sales rep and offered us anything while we wait, very good in the reception...
BUT.. when a guy showed up, he didnt even bother asking for our names or even shook our hands, he had his hands on his belt and walked all lazily and couldnt give us a straight answer... over all the experience was horrible!! i wantd to cuss out that place and just walk out.. seriously, they make people not want to get a subaru.. they really give them a bad name, they can be selling so much cars if it wasnt for reps like that...

we went to centaur subaru.. sales rep was a lot better.... even though the car we were looking at wasnt in stock he went through all our questions and showed us what to expect... he was straight up and was actually showing customer service... dunno how it is with all the other reps tehre, but the one we met turned out okay...

that's just my experiences at the two dealership in calgary...

TomcoPDR
10-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Highly recommend Jack Carter

D-Man
10-31-2010, 03:46 AM
So, Centaur Subaru over Calgary Subaru if I want to stay in the city.

Scott Subaru in Red Deer as an option. Not very convienent to get service work done during the week.

What or whom is Jack Carter?

Axe
10-31-2010, 07:02 AM
I had a decent experience dealing with Rob (finance manager) over at centaur subaru a few months ago. Jack Carter is a local GM dealer.

swak
10-31-2010, 07:40 AM
While i had a recent hate rant on Shaganappi Chevrolet, i still go there for everything i need; never had any major problems since.

Good guys.
*Last tire swap, the tire kid cleaned the mud out of the inside of my rims too...
That kind of service is something id tip a guy for.

ExtraSlow
10-31-2010, 08:11 AM
I helped my Sister in law buy an Impreza from Rob at Centaur last year. He was very straight forward, and reasonable to deal with when negotiating.

PD77
10-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by D-Man
So, Centaur Subaru over Calgary Subaru if I want to stay in the city.

Scott Subaru in Red Deer as an option. Not very convienent to get service work done during the week.

What or whom is Jack Carter?

As inconvenient as it is their service pricing is way better...I got my wife's Tribeca 48km service done at Scott for just over $500 and was quoted $1200 at Calgary Subaru :confused:

Cos
10-31-2010, 10:00 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/317223/big-thumbs-up-for-kingsboro-auto-service-old-option-import-bay/

Not quite what you are looking for, but I would at least send your truck here.

MGCM
10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Bring your truck down to GSL Chev City, I think you will be happy there.