Originally posted by Scuderia
A+++ thread, would read again, great detail I'll never go there

:werd:

Accord_tunerx
10-31-2010, 12:57 PM

G-ZUS
10-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
sorry i will go in to detail today, yesterday was to hot headed to say anything.

okay so i bought a suv from them about 4months ago. car proof said there were 7000 in damages which he just skim throught it all and out the door?, then i went to x_evo_x yesterday see if i can do a trade in value, and get myself a evo.
x_evo_x being very helpful he did a car proof for me then its show up as 13818! i was like wtf in teh past four month it doubled! i was choked! so as right now i am ask for advice from beyonders what to do.

i have contacted amvic

Skimmed through what? the car proof? Did you ask to see it for yourself? What kind of SUV is it? Rebuilt or Active? Who did you deal with there?

Accord_tunerx
10-31-2010, 01:17 PM

Jeremiah
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
That would be your own fault for not paying more attention.

Regardless - If the Carproof they attained only shows that amount of damages what would you like for them to do for you?... They only know as much as they provide for you.

BlackArcher101
10-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Skimmed through it fast before or after you bought it? If before, why did you still buy it?

Tik-Tok
10-31-2010, 02:01 PM
So you want to buy a car from a used lot.

You have 3 very easy choices of finding it's history.

A) Buy yourself a CarProof report, a mere $35, and you have all the info you could need for Canadian vehicle.

B) Buy a CarFax report, it's also a paltry $35, but has a known history of unreliable reports as reported by many, many internet forums, and was even on several TV News features. Oh, but wait, they have a Buyback Guarantee!

C) Use the used car dealerships CarFax report which they'll show you for free, at which point you are now 100% trusting the person trying to SELL the car, and trusting the flawed CarFax reporting system, AND you are now ineligible for the Buyback Guarantee since you never purchased the report yourself.

Yeah, I'd totally pick 'C'.

Accord_tunerx
10-31-2010, 03:00 PM
its okay, its my fault and whatever non sense. but i dunno how its just doubled like that

mods please close will resolve it and talk to them
thanks

dj_rice
10-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Did you actually read it yourself with your own eyes and see the $7000 or take the salesmen word for it?

Also, was this car from BC?As accidents from BC don't show up on the Carproof unless you paid for a Carproof Verified BC report and not a Carproof Verified

Tik-Tok
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
i dunno how its just doubled like that

Disclaimer is right on the CarFax front page.

"CARFAX Vehicle History Reports are based on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX does not have the complete history of every vehicle. "

They only have the information as it is reported, and very slowly through the grindhouse of insurance paperwork. The number you saw was probably an estimate, then the actual number came through the system several months or years later when the smoke cleared.

Lesson learned, next time use CarProof (far superior for Canadian vehicles), and buy it yourself, never, ever trust a car salesman.

Jlude
10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Your first mistake was going to Millennium.

People like you that create threads like this are what keep those places alive.

Guillermo
10-31-2010, 04:33 PM
holy shit, OP :english:

I don't know how anyone can decipher what the fuck you are trying to say. unless they speak Idiot, too.

G-ZUS
11-01-2010, 09:16 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/229796/problem-with-a-dealership/

Do you do your due diligence before buying a car? Or do you just walk in, see a nice car, let the salesman feed you some lines and just fork your money over?