PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Death Map - Every death logged on Google Maps

CUG
10-30-2010, 11:51 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/datablog/interactive/2010/oct/23/wikileaks-iraq-deaths-map

The Wikileaks Iraq war logs provide us with a unique picture of every death in Iraq. These are those events mapped using Google Fusion tables

Scroll out once you're in there to see the whole country. Each button has a casualty detail associated with ti.

syritis
10-31-2010, 12:40 AM
nice that they only iraq, and not anywhere else that is in a state of war.

it seems to be evident that wikileaks wants the entire world to believe that iraq is the victim and is completely innocent.

CUG
10-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by syritis
nice that they only iraq, and not anywhere else that is in a state of war.

it seems to be evident that wikileaks wants the entire world to believe that iraq is the victim and is completely innocent. It does seem that way for sure. Regardless, I still have questions about Iraq, and the validity behind nearly a decade of occupation.

-I'd like a definitive answer as to why the US is there. Okay, they didn't find WMD, should they have left immediately after their lack of existence was established?

-Is the US still there because they destabilized the region, creating a completely unmanageable mess, and cannot repair it?

-It's argued that this war is illegal by UN standards, how is the US getting away with it so many years later, and what is Afghanistan war by UN standards if there's so many Coalition forces in there? My guess: The US owes the UN participants so much money that they would have to look the other way; this may be an entrepreneurial venture for the US.

-It's argued that we're just after oil.

-Prominent conspiracy theorists don't accept the twin tower's poor internal structures as evidence against the 9/11 attacks being a controlled demolition, despite numerous depositions stating so.

I know a lot of people say we (North America) have no business being in the middle east... okay, why are we there? Maybe Bush is in with the Arab nations; look at how much support for middle eastern culture this war has generated, while people cry out against the oppressive North American secular domination. :rofl:

Legitimate discussion on those points would be awesome, rather than getting a battery of pseudo-hipster trolls.. one can only hope.

turbotrip
10-31-2010, 03:14 AM
thats a hell of a lot of civilian deaths

scottv442
10-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Since the Iraq war ended in June 2004 the USA has been establishing permanent military stronghold bases/forts in that country. My opinion is that they fear an Iranian overthrow of the whole region if they leave. And by staying under the pretext of protection of the Iraq civilian population, then they will also have a launching off platform to invade/free Iran if needed.

Scuderia
10-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by CUG
It does seem that way for sure. Regardless, I still have questions about Iraq, and the validity behind nearly a decade of occupation.

-I'd like a definitive answer as to why the US is there. Okay, they didn't find WMD, should they have left immediately after their lack of existence was established?

-Is the US still there because they destabilized the region, creating a completely unmanageable mess, and cannot repair it?

-It's argued that this war is illegal by UN standards, how is the US getting away with it so many years later, and what is Afghanistan war by UN standards if there's so many Coalition forces in there? My guess: The US owes the UN participants so much money that they would have to look the other way; this may be an entrepreneurial venture for the US.

-It's argued that we're just after oil.

-Prominent conspiracy theorists don't accept the twin tower's poor internal structures as evidence against the 9/11 attacks being a controlled demolition, despite numerous depositions stating so.

I know a lot of people say we (North America) have no business being in the middle east... okay, why are we there? Maybe Bush is in with the Arab nations; look at how much support for middle eastern culture this war has generated, while people cry out against the oppressive North American secular domination. :rofl:

Legitimate discussion on those points would be awesome, rather than getting a battery of pseudo-hipster trolls.. one can only hope.

:love: :love: ...CUG? Is that you buddy? Is everything alright?
The U.S has been planning this for over 20 years, but Bush got things rolling. I read a couple recent books (I'll get their names later tonight) and they really simplify everything that's going on, with interviews and quotes from former whitehouse members who were ousted for asking questions. It's all about the oil. Bush knows how the middle east is split up. You have the warrior states and countries who will fight to the death for what they believe in, i.e Iran, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, etc, basically all the countries and states that American media has brainwashed you people into thinking are "terrorist" organizations. Then you have the soft, cowardly countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, etc, basically all the countries that won't stand up for anything and are ruled by a bunch of monkeys who inherit all power and wealth, and are happy as long as they keep getting paid for their oil. Bush strategically started knocking all the rogue countries off the map, starting with Afghanistan and Iraq. They were the weakest, had the least powerful allies, and Iraq was/is obviously a goldmine of oil. Kill off some of the Taliban, steal massive amounts of oil, build bases and strategic bases to continue on to Iran, all while looking like hero's and saviours. Bush is a motherfucking businessman. Look at what he did to the world and look at the people gunning for American heads everyday, all while he's at his gay dude ranch jerking off to little kids and reading them bedtime stories. There are two types of people who support the "War on Terror". The somewhat intelligent, racist pricks who don't give a fuck about the middle east and couldn't care less about what we do to them as long as they can live peacefully amongst each other, and the stupidly ignorant American who has been raised with such a small IQ and lack of thinking power, and cannot ask questions or wonder what's going on in the other half of the world. So they believe everything the American media shoves up their ass, and go on in their everyday struggle to live the "American Dream"

CUG
10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

1.) The U.S has been planning this for over 20 years, but Bush got things rolling. I read a couple recent books (I'll get their names later tonight) and they really simplify everything that's going on, with interviews and quotes from former whitehouse members who were ousted for asking questions.

2.)It's all about the oil. Bush knows how the middle east is split up. You have the warrior states and countries who will fight to the death for what they believe in, i.e Iran, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, etc, basically all the countries and states that American media has brainwashed you people into thinking are "terrorist" organizations.

3.)Then you have the soft, cowardly countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, etc, basically all the countries that won't stand up for anything and are ruled by a bunch of monkeys who inherit all power and wealth, and are happy as long as they keep getting paid for their oil.

4.)Bush strategically started knocking all the rogue countries off the map, starting with Afghanistan and Iraq. They were the weakest, had the least powerful allies, and Iraq was/is obviously a goldmine of oil. Kill off some of the Taliban, steal massive amounts of oil, build bases and strategic bases to continue on to Iran, all while looking like hero's and saviours.

5.)Bush is a motherfucking businessman. Look at what he did to the world and look at the people gunning for American heads everyday, all while he's at his gay dude ranch jerking off to little kids and reading them bedtime stories.

6.)There are two types of people who support the "War on Terror". The somewhat intelligent, racist pricks who don't give a fuck about the middle east and couldn't care less about what we do to them as long as they can live peacefully amongst each other, and the stupidly ignorant American who has been raised with such a small IQ and lack of thinking power, and cannot ask questions or wonder what's going on in the other half of the world.

1.) Please, come up with the names of those books. I'll read them. The problem I have with this point is that the same people giving interviews and stating that they're ousted for questioning, could be using that as a safety blanket to hide their incompetence in other elements of their work, while demonizing the government. That's a hipster thing to do, and it's catching on like wildfire. I'm unable to logically believe someone's account of things based purely on their polarity in contrast to something that is extremely popular to hate.

2.) Is that your theory, a general theory, or an evidential theory?

3.) Okay. My question to you about that point is this: Why are they cowardly for doing business with the west? Perhaps they've found the key to comfort by loosening the constraints of religious law and allowing lines of commerce to exist? Are you suggesting that their own brand of intolerance is a noble and forward thinking state of mind? I hope not, because if you do, you can't criticize anyone in Canada, who is a rooted Canadian of being unjustifiably intolerant ever again.

4.) To be clear, are you saying that the quality of life for Iraq was at a peak? Hussein was involved in mass slayings and human rights violations on a massive scale. Oil crusade aside, do you not think that the country might have benefited from democracy, developed resources, and the monstrous injection of cash that would have come if they opened trade lines with the rest of the world? Or, are we still admiring meekness and the nobility of being involuntarily minimalist?

5.) I agree.

6.) I've met people who believe that aiding Iraq in building a democratic state, devoid of extreme hardline Islam would make the US some pretty good friends. In principle, and on paper it looked to be a good idea before the war started.

JimmyBurner
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by CUG

1.) Please, come up with the names of those books. I'll read them. The problem I have with this point is that the same people giving interviews and stating that they're ousted for questioning, could be using that as a safety blanket to hide their incompetence in other elements of their work, while demonizing the government. That's a hipster thing to do, and it's catching on like wildfire. I'm unable to logically believe someone's account of things based purely on their polarity in contrast to something that is extremely popular to hate.

3.) Okay. My question to you about that point is this: Why are they cowardly for doing business with the west? Perhaps they've found the key to comfort by loosening the constraints of religious law and allowing lines of commerce to exist? Are you suggesting that their own brand of intolerance is a noble and forward thinking state of mind? I hope not, because if you do, you can't criticize anyone in Canada, who is a rooted Canadian of being unjustifiably intolerant ever again.

4.) To be clear, are you saying that the quality of life for Iraq was at a peak? Hussein was involved in mass slayings and human rights violations on a massive scale. Oil crusade aside, do you not think that the country might have benefited from democracy, developed resources, and the monstrous injection of cash that would have come if they opened trade lines with the rest of the world? Or, are we still admiring meekness and the nobility of being involuntarily minimalist?

5.) I agree.

6.) I've met people who believe that aiding Iraq in building a democratic state, devoid of extreme hardline Islam would make the US some pretty good friends. In principle, and on paper it looked to be a good idea before the war started.

Scuderia
10-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CUG

5.) I agree.

1) War on Iraq by William Rivers Pitt, my favourite out of the two, and I remember it somewhat more clearly because I finished it not too long ago. I think it was fucking amazing and it really shows readers point by point how fucking stupid Bush's claims and accusations were, and what a future filled with war will look like for the average American. It is somewhat biased though but whatever, read it for it's facts and take the opinions with a grain of salt. War Plan, by Milan Rai is pretty good too, I read it a while ago but it really concentrates on the weapons inspections and the technicalities of legally starting the war so I always felt like I wasn't interested and one step ahead due to me not believing any of the WMD bullshit. It really does expose some nasty government bullshit though so it's worth a read, if I were to choose one I would read the first one again. As for the people who have been shunned by the government, yeah it's possible they use it as a scapegoat for being incompetent but how likely is that? There are so many accounts of high ranking government officials who have served for years being told to fuck off in a single days notice mysteriously. I won't argue that with you, I think it's pretty self evident, the same way a mob will erase someone who's causing a scene and disagreeing with the organization, the government will get rid of people asking questions.

2) I guess you can say it's my theory, but really, for anyone who is middle eastern, has lived in the middle east, or knows a thing or two about the middle east, it's blatantly obvious. Now I'm not sure which part you're specifically inquiring about, the "bush is there for the oil", or the list of countries willing to fuck the states up. If it is about the oil... come on man. I won't argue. If you whole-heartedly think that oil has nothing to do with the war on Iraq and the war on terrorism as a whole, then you're way past logical debate.

3) Those countries, Saudi Arabia and UAE in particular, are the most fucking useless, cowardly, pathetic excuse of civilizations I have ever seen. If anyone has ever been there, it's a world run by a bunch of girly playground children with too much money in their pockets. The same motherfucking family members are sent into office every motherfucking year to weakly rule the same motherfucking majority. They have this system where if you're not a "citizen", then you're worthless. Bunch of fucking assbackwards retards with too much money. But that's not why I think they're cowardly. I think they're cowardly because they will do anything to avoid conflict at any cost, while their neighbors and fellow muslims are being fucking slaughtered daily. In any conflict, their stance is passive and they'll usually side with the "UN" to keep everyone, especially America, happy while watching the rest of that side of the world get assraped by their own business partners. ON TOP of all this, they arguably have the money and power to stop ALL of America and Israel's injustices, or atleast force them into some sort of compromise. All the fuckers have to do is threaten a stop of oil exports, but they won't even do that. They let the US build a base on one of the most religious places (for a muslim) in the world. As far as I'm concerned, Israel and America, hopefully, will get nuked first, and then Saudia Arabia will accidentally get nuked by someone.

4) Nope, Iraq was no Neverland to begin with, but what fucking BUSINESS is that of AMERICA? Leave people the fuck alone. When you get rid of the obese 5 year olds, when you lock up every gang member which is half of the American population, when you get out of debt, and make yourselves a somewhat civilized place to live, then you can go prancing around the world trying to "help people". They don't give a flying fuck about Iraqi's, please don't insult my intelligence and insinuate that the US was just trying to stop the terrorists and stabilize the region.

6) Those people are what I call stupid, or really really smart. Not stupid in a lack of brain power way, but stupid because they have a non-realistic, dreamer stance on the issue, and can't realize that Iraqi's will never accept a way of life that is forced on them by Americans, especially as the number of sickening atrocities they're witnessing is growing day by day. Either that or those people were trolling the shit out of you and knew deep down that Iraq is fucked for life, and now the rest of the Muslim world is going to make sure that America is equally fucked for life.

Jlude
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM
I didn't read anything you guys wrote, but I did just watch the movie, This is War. Very Interesting.

Guillermo
10-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
I didn't read anything you guys wrote, but I did just watch the movie, This is War. Very Interesting.

I don't usually read what either of these guys write, either. especially when they are typing at each other in the same thread - which seems to happen in just about every thread on the forums. :zzz:

these guys need their own forum where they can just bitch back and forth all day long.

CUG
10-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo

I don't usually read what either of these guys write, either. especially when they are typing at each other in the same thread - which seems to happen in just about every thread on the forums. :zzz:

these guys need their own form where they can just bitch back and forth all day long. Perhaps you're not of adequate intellect to address the issues we're discussing :D. This is actually a legitimate engagement (in this thread).

Scuderia:

I'm still not sure why the US is still in Iraq. With Obama, it was supposed to be an accelerated withdrawal of troops, and let them rock. This hasn't happened. None of it makes sense. If we're hunting for bin laden in Afghan... this is all nonsensical and no one has answers for it, not even Jesus Obama. They don't maintain any excuse, not oil, not WMD, not anything.

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Perhaps you're not of adequate intellect to address the issues we're discussing :D. This is actually a legitimate engagement (in this thread).

Scuderia:

I'm still not sure why the US is still in Iraq. With Obama, it was supposed to be an accelerated withdrawal of troops, and let them rock. This hasn't happened. None of it makes sense. If we're hunting for bin laden in Afghan... this is all nonsensical and no one has answers for it, not even Jesus Obama. They don't maintain any excuse, not oil, not WMD, not anything.

Honestly, I have no idea why they're still there either. I obviously know why they were there, but I think that it's one of those things that people refuse to understand about politics: Obama can be an undercover muslim terrorist, a jew, jesus, a crip, whatever, but it's impossible for any man to undo 8 years of Bush destruction in half a year. Even the dumbest of retards might be opening their eyes and realizing that they don't belong there, so the government is probably trying to do some good and actually stabilize the region, pull the troops out slowly, and call it a day. They got most of what they wanted, not to mention any of the shit that we have no idea about, like strategic bases they built, intel they got, prisoners they've captured, contracts, assets, new alliances, etc. Now all that's left is to thank Iraq for having them over, try to close things out as quietly as possible, and then cry and come up with new, heroic rhetoric when someone from Yemen blows their brains out and kills 20 Americans in retaliation to the 10000+ Iraqi civilians they've killed. Sounds like some fuckin pretty good business to me:dunno:

broken_legs
11-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by CUG
[B]
I'm still not sure why the US is still in Iraq.

Oil.
Strategic importance of oil.
Peak oil.
Oil.
Did i mention.... Oil?

DonJuan
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by CUG
-Prominent conspiracy theorists

:D that turned into a :rofl:

beyond_ban
11-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs

Oil.
Strategic importance of oil.
Peak oil.
Oil.
Did i mention.... Oil?

The only element you are missing, that really is the cause of it all, is oil.