PDA

View Full Version : Any car audio gurus? Rattling trunk from car sub

copynpaste
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone know of a professional car audio shop that can professionally sound deaden a trunk? Right now I cut it down to half as I put dynamat along the inside edges of the trunk cause it would hit against the car when vibrating. I was hesistant getting that stuff cause its fuckin expensive but from what ive put on thus far it does work.

The trunk is now super tight when shut but the vibratiion from under the trunk lid is still there.

I would put a whole sheet of dynamat there but the thing is the trunk has holes under neath (like a lot of cars do) and no carpet over it. From what i was told dynamat needs to go on a flat surface to deaden the sound.

I was told to use insulating foam spray for the holes but ive been googling it for about a couple weeks now and hearing it can expand the car trunk frame so be careful. Also its messy and makes the car look ugly and wont be good when you resell plus its a bitch to remove.

So any ideas? Right now i just need the trunk underpart done and willing to pay to have it prof. sound deadened if it comes to that. Installing this dynamat stuff is not only expensive but time consuming.

D'z Nutz
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Can any of your posts ever go in the right section? :banghead:

Scuderia
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Can any of your posts ever go in the right section? :banghead:

Made me fuckin LOL:rofl: