PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work downtown and drive to work?

copynpaste
10-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Just curious how much you guys are paying each month for parking and your walking distance? I ask because theres been some really good deals on kijiji lately. Im paying $250 a month, with 3.5 block walk. But im keeping my eye out if theres anything better that comes up ill jump on it. I was considering parking at a ctrain lot but since i work at 9am, the lots are full by 730-8 at the latest.

Scuderia
10-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Are you kidding? People are paying $250+ to park downtown these days? Fuck man that's some peoples rent every month. Your job better be fucking worth it if you have to dish out 200 bucks just to park and then walk 3 blocks.

Tik-Tok
10-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia
Are you kidding? People are paying $250+ to park downtown these days? Fuck man that's some peoples rent every month. Your job better be fucking worth it if you have to dish out 200 bucks just to park and then walk 3 blocks.

Lol, $250 for rent? Where the fuck is that? Maybe if you live with 6 friends in a 3 bedroom house.

copynpaste
10-31-2010, 11:09 PM

$250 for a central downtown lot is cheap! Theres a lot of spots on kijiji right now on 14th ave going for $200+! You do know that reg Impark monthly rentals are like $400+ right? I could be wrong but from what i remember.

$250 i figured is not bad but i wouldnt pay more even if it was 1 block walk. All I know is taking the bus in the winters is brutal. Slow, packed, delayed, late, heat always cranked to 499C.

tom_9109
10-31-2010, 11:10 PM
I work downtown and my parking spot is between 7 and 8 hundred a month.........

Underground, secure, assigned, heated and best of all, paid for by work. :)

So to answer your question. $700-$800/month with no walk required.

atgilchrist
10-31-2010, 11:14 PM

That's cheap downtown. Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Disoblige
10-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah seriously, even residents in apartment complexes pay $150.00 a month to park their cars. $250 is definitely on the lower side.

And lol @ rent being $250.00 a month. Try roughly 3-4 times that in downtown.

Scuderia
10-31-2010, 11:24 PM
Obviously the $250 a month rent was an exaggeration, but fuck man, when I was a broke ass student $250 was a decent chunk of my monthly bills. I was implying that $250 goes a long way for some less fortunate families, while people are paying that for parking. I haven't lived in Calgary very long so it's just surprising how you guys shrug it off like it's whatever. For 800 bucks you can bet your ass I'll fuckin walk from the NW to downtown before I shell that out to park for half a day.

creeper
11-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Obviously the $250 a month rent was an exaggeration, but fuck man, when I was a broke ass student $250 was a decent chunk of my monthly bills. I was implying that $250 goes a long way for some less fortunate families, while people are paying that for parking. I haven't lived in Calgary very long so it's just surprising how you guys shrug it off like it's whatever. For 800 bucks you can bet your ass I'll fuckin walk from the NW to downtown before I shell that out to park for half a day.

It's all relative to your individual situation. The $30+/day lots are generally full, so I'm left to assume that there are plenty of people willing to pay that much or more. For a student, $250 would certainly make a difference, and $800 for a simple parking space is obviously out of the question, but for the people making 100k or 350k or 2 mil a year or whatever, $800 a month is meaningless.

davidI
11-01-2010, 06:08 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/calgarys-parking-spots-the-priciest/article1195092/

Calgary's Median Daily Rate is $22 and Monthly is $460. Priciest in Canada and 50% more than the next city (Toronto at $305).

Cos
11-01-2010, 06:30 AM
We moved our offices out of downtown in October. I was at the corner of 5th ave and 4th st (tim hortons in the basement) and we had parking in the eau claire surface lots. If I remember correctly our parking was something like $450.00 or $500.00 a month. Wish I had underground but closest was across the street in the five tower or something and I couldnt fit my truck in it and was $650.00 to start. :( Now I have free parking but no chance to EVER have underground. No underground in our new complex.

The walk for me then was about 1 block outside (they were building whatever that new tower is across from Devon). Went into devon, across the +15 by the Sbux, then through Shell and across to my office. Now it would have been across the street into the new building and all inside from there.

You forget your meds today? You are a retard in every thread you go into. Rent hasnt been $250.00 since the early 1960's.

When you come and go 3 times a day from the office and need to do that to work, it makes it worth while to not train it back and forth every time you need to see a client. Think about park and ride and a transit pass. That almost equals $190.00 a month. TO TAKE TRANSIT. An extra $60.00 for parking so you can drive, leave, not get sick, not wait, not get stuck is great.

Originally posted by creeper

It's all relative to your individual situation. The $30+/day lots are generally full, so I'm left to assume that there are plenty of people willing to pay that much or more. For a student, $250 would certainly make a difference, and $800 for a simple parking space is obviously out of the question, but for the people making 100k or 350k or 2 mil a year or whatever, $800 a month is meaningless.

Exactly. Funny how things change. I used to worry about an extra $60.00 a month. Now.... :dunno:

Originally posted by Disoblige
Yeah seriously, even residents in apartment complexes pay $150.00 a month to park their cars. $250 is definitely on the lower side.

And lol @ rent being $250.00 a month. Try roughly 3-4 times that in downtown.

Or 8 times that........

topmade
11-01-2010, 07:07 AM
There is a Vinci lot that is $16/day for early bird at 7th ave and 5st S.W. that I use when I don't fee like taking the bus. I think monthly rate would be about $280, but haven't checked. As long as you're not struggling to put food on the table because you prefer driving to work then it's all good. Parking lot's are gold mines here because people are willing to pay.

R-Audi
11-01-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the surface lot in front of the Chinese Cultural Centre is $2XX a day...
If you really want a deal, you can park at the Curling club on Memorial, then walk across Princes Island Park... that only works if you are on the North side of DT though.

As for Tom_9109 I think you are mistaken... AFAIK the most expensive parking in the city is $625/month.. and thats a premium reserved stall in a brand new building!! (Centennial Place)
(I work in commercial real estate... so I deal with this a lot)

eblend
11-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Cos

When you come and go 3 times a day from the office and need to do that to work, it makes it worth while to not train it back and forth every time you need to see a client. Think about park and ride and a transit pass. That almost equals $190.00 a month. TO TAKE TRANSIT. An extra $60.00 for parking so you can drive, leave, not get sick, not wait, not get stuck is great.

I think you are forgetting about the gas in all of this. I take the transit every day but do drive in on the odd day when I have to work late and the company pays, and it sure drains gas. Also, "not wait, not get stuck" isn't exactly accurate, as driving through downtown during rush hour makes me borderline homicidal. I get to stare at the traffic downtown from my office every day, and I would hate to be stuck in that traffic every day, actually makes me more stressed to drive then to just go on the train. Sure the train sucks ass in Calgary, but at least it isn't terribly delayed by bad weather imho. If my company gave me a permanent spot in the building, good chance I would start working at 5 and leave at 2 just to avoid the traffic, or not use the spot at all since I personally can't stand it moving at 2 km per hour, and takes just as long at the end for me.

R-Audi
11-01-2010, 07:37 AM
I usually come in ~6:45 and leave at 3:45 and traffic isnt bad at all... but if I stay late Id rather wait till 6 to avoid the 4-5:30 rush. Its brutal.

Cos
11-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by eblend

I think you are forgetting about the gas in all of this. I take the transit every day but do drive in on the odd day when I have to work late and the company pays, and it sure drains gas. Also, "not wait, not get stuck" isn't exactly accurate, as driving through downtown during rush hour makes me borderline homicidal. I get to stare at the traffic downtown from my office every day, and I would hate to be stuck in that traffic every day, actually makes me more stressed to drive then to just go on the train. Sure the train sucks ass in Calgary, but at least it isn't terribly delayed by bad weather imho. If my company gave me a permanent spot in the building, good chance I would start working at 5 and leave at 2 just to avoid the traffic, or not use the spot at all since I personally can't stand it moving at 2 km per hour, and takes just as long at the end for me.

True. I did. I pay about $200.00 a month for gas, I used to pay about $150 when I lived in Bridgeland. So lets tack on another $50 to $100 depending on the person. Still $160.00 more a month than transit. Not exactly a budget breaker.

Well there is a reason I start posting at 6:00 in the morning. I work from about 6:00 to 3:30 and then go home. I have a home office with my crackberry and citrix so I can usually finish up what I need to then. I am never in traffic and usually only have a 3 car wait at tim hortons in the morning.

When I drove from Bridgeland to work only once did I walk home. I left the office, looked at a sick new red RS4 (new body style just when they came out), came down the elevator, crossed the +15, crossed to shell, looked out and the red RS4 had finally crossed the intersection. I just walked haha.

Obviously I cant do that now, but in 3 years I only walked home once. Pretty good odds.

Originally posted by R-Audi
I usually come in ~6:45 and leave at 3:45 and traffic isnt bad at all... but if I stay late Id rather wait till 6 to avoid the 4-5:30 rush. Its brutal.

Exact same thing I do, if I know I am going to have to be here later than 4:00 I just stay until 5:30 or 6:00

copynpaste
11-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Cos
We moved our offices out of downtown in October. I was at the corner of 5th ave and 4th st (tim hortons in the basement) and we had parking in the eau claire surface lots. If I remember correctly our parking was something like $450.00 or $500.00 a month. Wish I had underground but closest was across the street in the five tower or something and I couldnt fit my truck in it and was $650.00 to start. :( Now I have free parking but no chance to EVER have underground. No underground in our new complex.

The walk for me then was about 1 block outside (they were building whatever that new tower is across from Devon). Went into devon, across the +15 by the Sbux, then through Shell and across to my office. Now it would have been across the street into the new building and all inside from there.

You forget your meds today? You are a retard in every thread you go into. Rent hasnt been $250.00 since the early 1960's.

Exactly. Funny how things change. I used to worry about an extra $60.00 a month. Now.... :dunno:

Or 8 times that........

Parking outside lot>Underground.

Easier, less time to get in and out of, dont have to open gates and from what i hear is a lot safer due to not as many break ins. Most of the vandalism and stuff happens underground or above ground lots.

Anton
11-01-2010, 08:51 AM
I pay $150/month (another $150 from employer so $300/month total).

It's underground in the same building that I work at so it's a great price. Not in the heart of downtown though, I'm on 12th Ave.

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Cos

Or 8 times that........

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm the one who forgot my meds old man. Exactly what part of "clearly an exaggeration" didn't you understand? What exactly was the point of your pathetic post? We get it, you're super corporate and super important, all the clients you see and all the important work you have to do just doesn't allow you to find a more civil way of transportation. Like the above poster stated, did you factor in gas? Did you factor in traffic? Like I said, to each their own, if you really feel like you can justify paying $650 to park, then go for it, I guess you're just too ballin for regular people who know the value of a dollar.

JordanLotoski
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Iam surprised nobody on here has started a beyond car pooling thread.

Cos
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm the one who forgot my meds old man. Exactly what part of "clearly an exaggeration" didn't you understand? What exactly was the point of your pathetic post? We get it, you're super corporate and super important, all the clients you see and all the important work you have to do just doesn't allow you to find a more civil way of transportation. Like the above poster stated, did you factor in gas? Did you factor in traffic? Like I said, to each their own, if you really feel like you can justify paying $650 to park, then go for it, I guess you're just too ballin for regular people who know the value of a dollar.

Where did I say anything about being super corporate? I said people need to see clients. Imagine mortgage brokers, commercial lease agents, real estate agents (there is a maxwell office downtown), or even O&G sales guys who have to drive out to the shop. As I said these guys have to go out many times in a DAY. I dont go out that much, maybe 1 or 2 times a week. I am not sure where you assumed I was tooting my own horn. Do you even know what I do? What I make? So how am I making this about me?

Also if you read the other posts we addressed traffic and gas...... also I said I paid 450/500 not 650 and when it is the cost of business you make sure that it is covered in your pay. Guess what? At my new office we dont make the extra downtown allowance anymore so it didnt cost me anything.

Also LOL on calling me an old man. I am far from that, must be because I am no longer a teenie retard who gets up at 11am. Glad I dont come across like you do.

Originally posted by JordanLotoski
Iam surprised nobody on here has started a beyond car pooling thread.

Maybe it is just me but car pooling started to piss me off. You want to leave early or go in late or stop somewhere on the way home..... started to drive me nuts. I think I did it for the full 4 weeks until I dropped out. There were 4 of us so we had to rotate through.

tenth
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
There's a lot in the east village around 5th SE and 7th Ave that charges $9 a day and $180 for the month. Need to get there by 8 though if you're doing daily parking. Was better when the nearby ctrain stations were running, but still a manageable walk if you're working around center.

Come on man, you clearly have no clue about the cost of parking downtown, but came in here blasting people for paying what is a very reasonable rate for Downtown Calgary. Sure it's a significant amount of money, but who are you to judge other people for their financial position and priorities? For the lot above, I was paying an extra $20 plus gas to avoid the diseasetrain. I didn't understand why I was getting sick once a month, until I stopped taking transit. A small price to pay for personal health.

Chandler_Racing
11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
My old spot was ~$500 per month. We had three spots that we were charged $1,500 for.

Might be a slight premium over that in the event you were to purchase only one stall.

The location was 6th and 7th.

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Cos

Where did I say anything about being super corporate? I said people need to see clients. Imagine mortgage brokers, commercial lease agents, real estate agents (there is a maxwell office downtown), or even O&G sales guys who have to drive out to the shop. As I said these guys have to go out many times in a DAY. I dont go out that much, maybe 1 or 2 times a week. I am not sure where you assumed I was tooting my own horn. Do you even know what I do? What I make? So how am I making this about me?

Also if you read the other posts we addressed traffic and gas...... also I said I paid 450/500 not 650 and when it is the cost of business you make sure that it is covered in your pay. Guess what? At my new office we dont make the extra downtown allowance anymore so it didnt cost me anything.

Also LOL on calling me an old man. I am far from that, must be because I am no longer a teenie retard who gets up at 11am. Glad I dont come across like you do.

Maybe it is just me but car pooling started to piss me off. You want to leave early or go in late or stop somewhere on the way home..... started to drive me nuts. I think I did it for the full 4 weeks until I dropped out. There were 4 of us so we had to rotate through.

Fair enough, but nowhere in your post did you use the words "people" or "they". You said "I" need to see clients, "I" need to leave the office 3 times a day, so you came across like a latte sipping know it all fuckhead. I can fully understand if someone is making half a million a year, and they need to pay 500-1000 a month to park, to do their job effectively. Cos, if it works for you, go right ahead and pay, I was just curious as to what the dire need to park was, don't try to call me out as being a retard because I'm not cool enough to blow 600 bucks a month to park downtown. For the poster below you, read before you type. Nowhere did I bash anyone, I was just asking questions because I was curious, I clearly admitted that I haven't live in Calgary long and I don't have a job downtown. Aside from all that, there are still people in here posting about paying $150 and $250 a month, which is very justifiable. What's the difference between them and you?

djayz
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Anybody know of any good spots around 11th ave and 11th st?

atgilchrist
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by djayz
Anybody know of any good spots around 11th ave and 11th st?

Lots of surface parking reasonably priced on 10th ave close to there.

And lol to Cos being an old man.

Cos
11-01-2010, 12:11 PM

You said "I" need to see clients, "I" need to leave the office 3 times a day, so you came across like a latte sipping know it all fuckhead.

:dunno:

bituerbo
11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Sunridge/Rundle doesn't yet have the $3 parking fee implemented. Kind of sucks as it gets completely full before 8AM, and it's the closest for me coming in (from the East).

codetrap
11-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Fair enough, but nowhere in your post did you use the words "people" or "they". You said "I" need to see clients, "I" need to leave the office 3 times a day, so you came across like a latte sipping know it all fuckhead. I can fully understand if someone is making half a million a year, and they need to pay 500-1000 a month to park, to do their job effectively. Cos, if it works for you, go right ahead and pay, I was just curious as to what the dire need to park was, don't try to call me out as being a retard because I'm not cool enough to blow 600 bucks a month to park downtown. For the poster below you, read before you type. Nowhere did I bash anyone, I was just asking questions because I was curious, I clearly admitted that I haven't live in Calgary long and I don't have a job downtown. Aside from all that, there are still people in here posting about paying $150 and $250 a month, which is very justifiable. What's the difference between them and you?

LOL at Cos being a supercorporate latte sippin baller. That has to be the funniest image I've had in my mind all day. I can think of about 10 jobs off the top of my head that would fit Cos's description, yet not pay more than $50g/a. I also personally know MANY people that work d/t that pay for parking because its WAY better for them than driving into calgary to a park'n'ride where they may not get parking, then jumping onto a C-Train or bus, and then commuting another hour on a packed public transport. The alternative? Listening to nice music in the comfort of the car, sipping a latte... not smelling currystink, BO or any of 100 other wonderful transit odors.

Scuderia. Since it's obvious that you have no clue about the costs of living / working in calgary, maybe you should restrain yourself from commenting on them? As to your not bashing, the general tone of your posts is very aggressive and confrontational. And yes, they do read like you've forgotten to take your meds.

As for parking downtown, I myself pay on average $5.25/day + about $20/gas a month. Unfortunately, it's getting too cold for that particular mode of transportation. My average monthly cost for transportation is about $100 in the above 0C months. In winter, it's cheaper with it being about $5/day, but then I'm tied to a bus schedule. I've found that even with heavy traffic, I'm still home in half to 2/3rds the time the bus can get me there, so the premium is definitely worth it.

bjstare
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Cos

:dunno:

Scuderia's on my block list in T-30 seconds. His posts make my brain hurt.

bspot
11-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
I work downtown and my parking spot is between 7 and 8 hundred a month.........

Underground, secure, assigned, heated and best of all, paid for by work. :)

So to answer your question. $700-$800/month with no walk required.

What you forget to share is that you're paying about $300 a month in tax on that. Yikes.

Cos
11-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

LOL at Cos being a supercorporate latte sippin baller. That has to be the funniest image I've had in my mind all day.

Haha, hey now. I could try.....

Originally posted by cjblair

I dunno why I keep arguing with him... I should join you.

codetrap
11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm not saying you couldn't do pull it off. But its just not you man. Dark grey suit.. silk pink tie.. those rockin shades. :P

anarchy
11-01-2010, 01:32 PM
$325 for underground assigned parking at my work, so no walk. I carpool with a coworker and it works out great, so $162 a month is pretty good for what I get. Sure there's traffic jams etc, but to avoid cramming into a stuffy bus with a bunch of strangers and possibly standing the whole way down, I'd rather pay the extra $80 and drive.

Plus the express bus by my place only runs certain hours so I don't have the flexibility of driving myself.

But to each their own.

bjstare
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Cos

I dunno why I keep arguing with him... I should join you.

haha I had a couple different replys written to dumb shit he's posted.... then I just deleted each of them before posting and blocked him. He's not worth the headache. For his own good, though, I hope he grows up some day (or that he is a grown up, and just trolling; in which case I hope he gets banned soon).

tom_9109
11-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by bspot

What you forget to share is that you're paying about $300 a month in tax on that. Yikes.

Its not a taxable benefit. Technically my work car lives at the office and I take it home after work/weekends/holidays. It's a weird split line with CRA and fortunately I fall on the right side of it.

Chandler_Racing
11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

Its not a taxable benefit. Technically my work car lives at the office and I take it home after work/weekends/holidays. It's a weird split line with CRA and fortunately I fall on the right side of it.

Good-luck with that.

R-Audi
11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

Good-luck with that.

IIRC its not a taxable benefit if its a company owned car... it would fall under the maintenance costs...

Chandler_Racing
11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi

IIRC its not a taxable benefit if its a company owned car... it would fall under the maintenance costs...

There are certain areas where the parking will not be deemed a taxable benefit.

One example being where the employee is regularly required to travel off-site in the performance of his or her job. Another approach is to use a "shot-gun"parking approach where the parking is not listed in the employees name and "is available" to a group of employees, but they're "advised" against parking in that stall (if you catch my drift).

For a vehicle that is made available to an employee for personal use (and personal use included driving to and from work) they incur a taxable benefit based on the standby charge calculated.

turbotrip
11-01-2010, 02:45 PM

$250 is actually pretty cheap for downtown parking

tom_9109
11-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Good-luck with that.

Taken straight from CRA website. Good luck with that.

There is no taxable benefit for employees when the two following conditions are met:

"you provide parking to your employees for business purposes; and employees regularly have to use their own automobiles or ones you usually supply to perform their duties."

I meet both conditions so where am I getting it wrong? HR seems to be of the same opinion, what are they getting wrong?

Chandler_Racing
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
How many days of the week do you travel for work( i.e..// get to the office but have to go see a client)?

I didn't see you mention that before but I did speak to the point in a previous post.

Also, do you pay a taxable benefit on the car?

tom_9109
11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
How many days of the week do you travel for work( i.e..// get to the office but have to go see a client)?

I didn't see you mention that before but I did speak to the point in a previous post.

Also, do you pay a taxable benefit on the car?

I travel for work pretty much daily. And yes I pay a taxable benefit for the car but not for the parking.

So now that you have all the information . . . . . . are we one the same page?

Chandler_Racing
11-01-2010, 03:15 PM
That's 100% correct on the treatment then.

I was under the impression you felt that parking was not a taxable benefit as you didn't own the car or something to that effect.

I would advise on keeping a travel log to substantiate the claim though; CRA might require proof in the event of an audit.

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by cjblair

LOL it's starting to look like I have my own fan club... Cos, I want you to be president, with codetrap as the official assistant to the president, and cjblair as the jester. I was simply asking questions, not once in my original post did I cuss at Cos, or anyone for that matter, or even name call. He was the one who originally called me a retard, which is fine, that's his opinion.:dunno:

As for codetrap's argument, instead of happily prodding along with your little Beyond.ca clique, you should really read before you type. It's too bad, because most of your shit is pretty intelligent and logical. I never said I don't have a house or a job in Calgary, so I CAN comment on the cost of "living/working" in Calgary. What I CANNOT comment on is working downtown in Calgary. Again, that's why I was asking questions as to what prompts someone to pay $600 a month to simply park for their job. From what I gather, and from what sensible people have posted, some people are paying $150-$300 a month in parking fee's, and some people are paying $600+. Whatever floats your boat. I still think that unless you're making a considerable salary yearly and your job absolutely requires you to consistantly drive in and out of downtown daily, it's not worth it to be paying more than 300 bucks a month out of your pocket. People just sound like fuckin morons when they try to post with a holier-than-thou attitude because they feel like getting bent over for $600 a month in parking fee's automatically makes them some sort of corporate bigshot who shits parking stubs because he "has to do it for his clients"

Cos
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

From what I gather, and from what sensible people have posted, some people are paying $150-$300 a month in parking fee's, and some people are paying $600+. Whatever floats your boat.

You bitch about people not reading and then dont read yourself.

1.) $150.00 a month is for people who HAVE AN APARTMENT downtown.

2.) People cant always park near the cheap lots as their offices are in downtown. The cheap lots are on the far east and far west ends.

3.) Some people park in their building which is heated and secure, that is worth more money.

4.) Some people still have their contracts from last year, parking is getting cheaper. Some people are selling $400.00 a year lots for $250.00 so they dont lose $400 a month anymore, just the $150.00.

5.) Parking is still a premium. You had to pay to play, up until recently anyways. Some people want it to be convenient. Some need it for work. Some have so much money it makes sense to. Who are any of us to judge WHY these stalls sell.

Only reason I called you a retard is you snapped in the NE thread, snapped in this thread, and make dicks comments in millenium car and truck sales thread. Hence the question regarding your meds, it wasnt just THIS thread.

What is that saying? 1/4 people are crazy, look at the closest 3 people to you, if they seem normal chances are.......

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Cos

You bitch about people not reading and then dont read yourself.

1.) $150.00 a month is for people who HAVE AN APARTMENT downtown.

2.) People cant always park near the cheap lots as their offices are in downtown. The cheap lots are on the far east and far west ends.

3.) Some people park in their building which is heated and secure, that is worth more money.

4.) Some people still have their contracts from last year, parking is getting cheaper. Some people are selling $400.00 a year lots for $250.00 so they dont lose $400 a month anymore, just the $150.00.

5.) Parking is still a premium. You had, up until very recently, to pay to have the stall downtown. Some people want it to be convenient. Some need it for work. Some have so much money it makes sense to. Who are any of us to judge WHY these stalls sell.

Only reason I called you a retard is you snapped in the NE thread, snapped in this thread, and make dicks comments in millenium car and truck sales thread. Hence the question regarding your meds, it wasnt just THIS thread.

What is that saying? 1/4 people are crazy, look at the closest 3 people to you, if they seem normal chances are.......

LOL you are such a fucking hypocrite and brown noser, what about the 10 OTHER PEOPLE who commented in the Millenium thread? Oh yeah, that's right, they have first gear under their name, so disregard them. I sincerely do not know when I "snapped" in this thread.. did I ask too many questions? Anyways, arguing with you is like arguing with that Canucks39984 guy, useless.

Cos
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM

LOL you are such a fucking hypocrite and brown noser, what about the 10 OTHER PEOPLE who commented in the Millenium thread? Oh yeah, that's right, they have first gear under their name, so disregard them. I sincerely do not know when I "snapped" in this thread.. did I ask too many questions? Anyways, arguing with you is like arguing with that Canucks39984 guy, useless.

Haha what? You are an asshole in EVERY thread. Also you are starting to do well in that Pedophile thread too. Go back over there and argue with Syeve and CUG. Yes I get it they are assholes too. We are all assholes picking on you.

Back on topic. I saw a bunch of stalls listed in bankers hall. CopyandPaste if you are still looking that is a nice central location depending on where you work. Lots of traffic so may not be as sketchy as some of the smaller covered lots or like that Impark on 9th near husky that is always being broken into.

R-Audi
11-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Whatever floats your boat. I still think that unless you're making a considerable salary yearly and your job absolutely requires you to consistantly drive in and out of downtown daily, it's not worth it to be paying more than 300 bucks a month out of your pocket. People just sound like fuckin morons when they try to post with a holier-than-thou attitude because they feel like getting bent over for $600 a month in parking fee's automatically makes them some sort of corporate bigshot who shits parking stubs because he "has to do it for his clients"

Until you have to sit on a bus or train for 45 minutes a day, (and possibly not even get on the first bus/train that comes around) then possibly stand for that whole ride, I dont think you are eligible to participate in this thread.

Some peoples priorities are different, and for me I will gladly pay $300+ NOT to have to sit on a train/bus for 1.5-2hrs a day. Also the main reason I moved closer to the core.. I have a smaller, older and more expensive house, compared to what I would have gotten in the Burbs, but its a totally different quality of life. Its quite easy to criticize until you actually experience it..... Dont have to be a Corporate Bigshot to figure that out!

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Haha what? You are an asshole in EVERY thread. Also you are starting to do well in that Pedophile thread too. Go back over there and argue with Syeve and CUG. Yes I get it they are assholes too. We are all assholes picking on you.

Back on topic. I saw a bunch of stalls listed in bankers hall. CopyandPaste if you are still looking that is a nice central location depending on where you work. Lots of traffic so may not be as sketchy as some of the smaller covered lots or like that Impark on 9th near husky that is always being broken into.

You're still cool by me Cos. You're accepted on Beyond.ca, where you and your clique always have to be right. You can never be wrong, because you always have to associate yourself with others on Beyond, making you safe from any scrutiny, because if they're right, so are you.

guessboi
11-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Parking underground at my work and company car FTW.
I am currently renting my underground secured heated parking spot out on the westend for 270 per month. Before it was 300 per month the past 2 years for another person. :nut:

Lilac Wine
11-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Actually, I rented a basement for $250 a month in Kamloops about 5 years back. It was a decent place, I'm a decent renter, and the couple upstairs were a middle aged decent couple.

atgilchrist
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
And parking in Kamloops is cheap to. Doesn't change the face that your post has as much to do with this thread as the Beef Dip I ate for lunch.

Cos
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM
hmmmmm beef dip

codetrap
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM

You're still cool by me Cos. You're accepted on Beyond.ca, where you and your clique always have to be right. You can never be wrong, because you always have to associate yourself with others on Beyond, making you safe from any scrutiny, because if they're right, so are you.

There's a clique?

And we all have off days where we don't make much sense. Today might just be mine. However, that being said, it's the tone of the posts man. Wording, context, language..

I haven't lived in Calgary very long so it's just surprising how you guys shrug it off like it's whatever. For 800 bucks you can bet your ass I'll fuckin walk from the NW to downtown before I shell that out to park for half a day.

I won't pay $800. However, if my company chose to pay for one of the heated stalls in my building for me, I'd happily take it. They go for about $450 for unassigned, up to $750 for reserved. 8 year waiting list. On occasion, my job has required me to come into the office at odd times, or go offsite, and I've had to swallow that $32/day parking fee for the car. I don't like it, but if my job required it, then I would find the cheapest closest I could. Other guys can write it off, as they're contractors. Still others have to pay full price, but they get to put it on the company expense account. To each their own.

I don't think anyone is really shrugging it off. We all hate it, but really, it's the only game in town. Now, I'm going home, on the bus. My head is done in for the day.

kenny
11-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Not having to be outside when its -35C outside is good enough reason for me to have underground parking. Calgary Parking is expensive, but we also have a huge concentration of our workforce in the downtown core.

Not sure how it is in other cities though so I can't make the comparison.

copynpaste
11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Driving DT is brutal! Deerfoot is a snail pace, it would take an hour and a half to take it. Surprisingly centre St is much faster, but when I include the time it takes to enter parkade, open doors, park car, take elevator up, go through 3 security gates, and 10min walk to work...my god. Now I know why so many ppl just bus it.

My parking spot is on the very easyt of downtown only 2 blcks from the deerfoot ramp and yet it still took me 10mins today just to get out of downtown, the whole 2 blocks!

I guess if i want a spot at one of the bus stops i have to get there early eh? How much does it cost to park at the C.Hills one?

Cos
11-01-2010, 07:17 PM
^^ i live just on the east side of the lake. I leave my house early but I find anytime after about 7:15 is a shit show. Can you leave earlier? Or leave after about 830?

copynpaste
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ i live just on the east side of the lake. I leave my house early but I find anytime after about 7:15 is a shit show. Can you leave earlier? Or leave after about 830?

Ill drive by the lot tommorow to see if theres any spots - is it still free to park there? im even willing to park across the street at the public library.

Scuderia
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

There's a clique?

And we all have off days where we don't make much sense. Today might just be mine. However, that being said, it's the tone of the posts man. Wording, context, language..

I won't pay $800. However, if my company chose to pay for one of the heated stalls in my building for me, I'd happily take it. They go for about $450 for unassigned, up to $750 for reserved. 8 year waiting list. On occasion, my job has required me to come into the office at odd times, or go offsite, and I've had to swallow that $32/day parking fee for the car. I don't like it, but if my job required it, then I would find the cheapest closest I could. Other guys can write it off, as they're contractors. Still others have to pay full price, but they get to put it on the company expense account. To each their own.

I don't think anyone is really shrugging it off. We all hate it, but really, it's the only game in town. Now, I'm going home, on the bus. My head is done in for the day.

:nut: 8 year waiting list? Holy fuck man. I can definitely see someone using the parking if the company paid for all of it, or even a good chunk of it. I'm guessing from your post you use transit?

Cos
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste

Ill drive by the lot tommorow to see if theres any spots - is it still free to park there? im even willing to park across the street at the public library.

As far as I know it is still free. I drop off one of my drafters from the condo across the street after work and it is PACKED. You cant park at the library they will tow you.

You could probably park at Crappy Tire no problem.

Sugarphreak
11-01-2010, 10:02 PM

dexlargo
11-02-2010, 09:36 AM
^I'm not sure what you mean by contract rates, but there's a sign in the courthouse parkade for monthly parking that says unassigned parking is $450.00 per month and reserved parking is $550.00 per month. Seems high to me when they charge $20 per day if you're in before 9:00am.

atgilchrist
11-02-2010, 10:04 AM
A parking pass would give you in'n'out priviledges, and the ability to come as you please. A premium on convenience.

Sugarphreak
11-03-2010, 08:47 PM

dexlargo
11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
They raised the early bird rate to $20 as of Nov. 1.