PDA

View Full Version : Acne & Cortisone(ol?)

sexualbanana
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
I've got some important events coming up but starting to get some unfortunate reoccurrences of acne. I called my Dermatologist to see if I can get in for an emergency appointment (otherwise it would be weeks before I could see him) to get a shot of cortisone (or is it cortisol?).

Unfortunately, he's unavailable. Am I basically SOL?

theken
11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Don't eat too many chocolate bars, and wash your face.
Can't another derm see you? Can your bro get you shots?

J-hop
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM

Super_Geo
11-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Everything else is bullshit, benzoyl peroxide works.

Make sure you don't put on too much of that shit too fast... otherwise your whole face turns red as you are pretty much giving yourself a chemical burn

Google "benzoyl peroxide acne" and get your read on.

Disoblige
11-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Don't eat too much oily foods, chocolate, etc.

Drink more water.

Do that in conjunction with Super Geo's suggestion.

beyond_ban
11-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Tanning. Sounds guido, but it dries the acne out and actually works. Either that, or lay out in the sun, although it is kind of lacking right now so i definitely recommend the aforementioned.

ixlr8
11-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Fought this battle my entire life, here is my formula.

Spectro Jel Cleanser once a day. BP based cleansers, although effective, are way too harsh and make your skin look and feel awful.

Large doses of high quality Fish Oil.

Vitamin D.

Eliminate or severely limit processed food intake

Clean pillow case weekly.

Separate clean towel only used for face. (Both after showering and isolated face washing)

Keep your fucking hands off your face at all times. (Once you are cognizant of it, you’ll be surprised how often you do it)

These are all lifestyle changes that when combined will actually make a drastic difference.

calgary403
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
Tanning. Sounds guido, but it dries the acne out and actually works. Either that, or lay out in the sun, although it is kind of lacking right now so i definitely recommend the aforementioned.

:werd:

Tanning worked awesome for me. It even makes small scars really unnoticeable. I was surprised how good it worked.

Plus the Situation tans. You know you wanna look like The Situation. :poosie:

Darkane
11-03-2010, 03:15 PM
ixlr8 mentioned Vit D.

Very important - Take 5,000-10,000 IU's/day to clear it up, then back down to 2000-5000 if you wish.

Read up on D.

LadyLuck
11-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Everything else is bullshit, benzoyl peroxide works.

Make sure you don't put on too much of that shit too fast... otherwise your whole face turns red as you are pretty much giving yourself a chemical burn

Google "benzoyl peroxide acne" and get your read on.

Just about the worst thing you can ever do to your skin, that stuff may work but it will ruin your skin over a period of time.

The best thing I've found that works wonders is this stuff called Environ, its a skin cream that you put on every night before bedtime, it got me off proactive. There's a place by Sunridge mall called YUVA Aesthetics that carries it, well worth it!

And start popping vitamin A pills...helps your skin as well.

Scat E46
11-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Clean pillow case every night, dont wash your face so much, eat well and SLEEP.

scboss
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
In high school i used to put a clean towel over my pillow every night, cleared up fast. If u put shit on your face that makes it dry its not gonna go away

Wrinkly
11-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I've got some important events coming up but starting to get some unfortunate reoccurrences of acne. I called my Dermatologist to see if I can get in for an emergency appointment (otherwise it would be weeks before I could see him) to get a shot of cortisone (or is it cortisol?).

Unfortunately, he's unavailable. Am I basically SOL?

I read about a dermatologist who claimed that almost EVERY patients acne cleared up by eliminating dairy from their diet. :dunno:

Darkane
11-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

I read about a dermatologist who claimed that almost EVERY patients acne cleared up by eliminating dairy from their diet. :dunno:

This is also true. I wouldn't place my money on all patients however.

Almost all people do have sensitivity (even if you can't "feel" it) to dairy which causes cortisol up-regulation and does unwanted things to the body.

Intolerance is different than sensitivity.

Milk is for babies - we're the only species to drink milk from another animal, far far past our childhood.

LadyLuck
11-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

True story, be it dairy or any other foods.
My mom had a food sensitivity test done almost a year ago, she would get mild acne every once in a while.

She found out about certain types of foods, dairy being one of them being mildly allergic too, but garlic was in the red zone of being most allergic to and my parents use garlic in many dishes they prepare. Once she cut it out of her diet completely her skin cleared up within days.

Wrinkly
11-06-2010, 12:55 AM
I'd hate to be allergic to Garlic - one of my favourites! :eek:

PeterGTiR
11-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Where would someone get the food sensitivity test done?