PDA

View Full Version : Recovered stolen red honda civic

Honda girl21
01-02-2004, 03:21 PM
So pretty much after a month has gone by my car has finally turned up. the good news, its still driveable and fixable but half of the front bumber on it is pretty much gone, paints scratched up the fenders might be cracked too and the inside of the car is pretty much trashed. iwent to pick it up on new years eve out of the impound but they stole the insurance and registration out of the car so we haven't had a chance yet to thouroughly look through the car to see what else may be wrong with it.:dunno:

we'll be takin pics of it soon so hopefully they will be posted in the next couple of days.

1badPT
01-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Good to hear you got it back. I hope its not too bad.

EK 2.0
01-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Happy to hear you got it back...hopefully the insurance side of things gets resolved quickly...

lint
01-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda girl21
So pretty much after a month has gone by my car has finally turned up. the good news, its still driveable and fixable but half of the front bumber on it is pretty much gone, paints scratched up the fenders might be cracked too and the inside of the car is pretty much trashed. iwent to pick it up on new years eve out of the impound but they stole the insurance and registration out of the car so we haven't had a chance yet to thouroughly look through the car to see what else may be wrong with it.:dunno:

we'll be takin pics of it soon so hopefully they will be posted in the next couple of days.

Maybe you'll find something interesting when you search through your car. My buddy had his civic stolen a few years ago, and he ended up buying a new car. Then the police found it and let him check it out and get anything that was his before they sent it to auction. Well, he just grabbed up the books and such that were in there without really taking a good look. Later, when he was going through the stuff, he came across a journal that had all these strip clubs and times. Turns out a stripper had been driving around in his stolen car. After he found that, he was glad that his insurance had already written it off and he had a new ride.

JAYMEZ
01-02-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats good you got it back !

euro_racer
01-02-2004, 08:13 PM
haha, glad do see that the city police can be usefull sometimes:D

/////AMG
01-02-2004, 08:20 PM
Good to hear you go tit back.

whoa lint thats messed up haha, dumb stripper.

Honda girl21
01-03-2004, 01:08 AM
thanx guys, i don't think any strippers were in my car but there were a whole bunch of empty cooler bottles so these were girly boys as well they also left me with a book on baby names as well as about 5 different license plates stolen from other cars so i guess they were doing lots of crime in my car as well.

Ajay
01-03-2004, 01:11 AM
At least you got your car back?

Is it possible to get it fixed or is it gonna have to be written off?

Honda girl21
01-03-2004, 01:16 AM
it's fixable, and driveable but since the cops took their sweet ass time recovering my car, the claim for my insurance might have gone through so i might not even get my car back.:thumbsdow

Chester
01-03-2004, 01:37 AM
thats awesome that you got your car back. I was pissed when someone stole my wallet, i couldnt imagine if someone stole my car

googe
01-03-2004, 02:21 AM
just out of curiosity, why do you even want it at this point? wouldnt you rather write it off and just take a new one? sounds like itll be expensive to fix

or am i missing something? :D

Team_Mclaren
01-03-2004, 03:39 AM
Good to hear that u got your car back, hopully things will go better for u guys from now on.... (from what i heard last time its been shitty). i tried to look for J at his work but appearly his on "vacation".... w/e, good to hear that u got the car back, but i still dont think u should take it back, just go for a new ride, Ad told me he should have something for u so...... lets see what comes up~!~~~~~

Vince:D

Hash_man
01-03-2004, 04:43 AM
I would tell the insurance to take the recovered car, and give me money for a new one. I dont think I could ever drive my car again, especially if it was gone for that long... it'd just feel so wierd!

Honda girl21
01-03-2004, 03:54 PM
if i get my car back then the insurance should be paying for everything to be fixed and then i'd get a coutesy car to drive around, but if i go out and get a new car then i have to deal with all the BS of finding a car and getting a loan and not having a car to drive in the mean time cause i've already used up all of the money my insurance gave me towards rental cars. besides i miss my car and now that i've seen it i just want it back. even though it may be weird driving it i would only be worried about stupid people stealing it again