PDA

View Full Version : advice needed: lost my paycheque on newyears eve

finboy
01-02-2004, 03:40 PM
first a little background info, got off work at 3 pm, and went home, relaxed for a bit, then went to cash my pay cheque. the bank was closed so i put my cheque in my back pocket, and headed out to start the night.

first i went to my buddies place, picked up a shifter, went to the beyond meet, went to the keg, then driving around with some girls.

fast forward to today, i go to find my pay cheque and i can't find it anywhere. FUCK. i've called up a couple people thinking it might be there, but no luck. this essentially screws me over for the nex 2 weeks to a month.

i don't think the bank will believe me if i walk in and say i lost this cheque, gimme $$$. any advice on this? anyone?????

Weapon_R
01-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Ask your employer to re-issue the cheque

1badPT
01-02-2004, 03:43 PM
^^^

Its as simple as that. :closed:

Light_Speed
01-02-2004, 03:44 PM
ask whoever you got the cheque from to do a stop payment on the current cheque and reissue a new one
it only takes like 10 mins

finboy
01-02-2004, 03:45 PM
i'll check and see, ugh, why can't a1 just do direct deposit???? :banghead: :banghead:

i'm going to keep hunting, must get my $$$$ :banghead: :banghead:

1badPT
01-02-2004, 03:57 PM
They probably can if you ask - for most payroll dept's/companies it makes no difference to them whether they send you a cheque or do the deposit and send you a stub.

GTS Jeff
01-02-2004, 04:13 PM
savings?

finboy
01-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
savings?

kind of blew that on my car :burnout:

lint
01-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
They probably can if you ask - for most payroll dept's/companies it makes no difference to them whether they send you a cheque or do the deposit and send you a stub.

Actually most companies prefer to do direct deposits and there are now e-stubs. so you don't even have to get that paper pay stub anymore. Generally, nowadays it seems that the only people who don't do direct deposit are the people who are a little transient (no bank accounts) or those who are trying to hide money from an ex, be it for child support, or something like that. Pretty sneaky. I work in the payroll industry for all this useless knowledge.

SinisterProbeGt
01-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

Originally posted by lint

Actually most companies prefer to do direct deposits and there are now e-stubs. so you don't even have to get that paper pay stub anymore. Generally, nowadays it seems that the only people who don't do direct deposit are the people who are a little transient (no bank accounts) or those who are trying to hide money from an ex, be it for child support, or something like that. Pretty sneaky. I work in the payroll industry for all this useless knowledge.

Actually it is very expensive for a company to do direct deposit if they are small and depending on how few deposits a month it can be more of a hassel and cost more $$ then a paper check

lint
01-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Actually it is very expensive for a company to do direct deposit if they are small and depending on how few deposits a month it can be more of a hassel and cost more $$ then a paper check

If it costs more for these companies then they don't have it set up right. If there was a premium charge, it would be minimal. Small companies don't factor in the time it takes to cut manual cheques. If it is more hassel to do direct deposit than it is to cut a cheque, that company is doing something wrong.

GTS Jeff
01-02-2004, 11:49 PM
^^^ :werd: but what lint doesnt realize is that sinister is talking about his company haha.

lint
01-03-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
^^^ :werd: but what lint doesnt realize is that sinister is talking about his company haha.

Ahhh, it all makes sense now :thumbsup:

Davetronz
01-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
We only have 5 employees (that arent family) at the place I work. For this reason we get paper cheques, much easier and cost efficient!