PDA

View Full Version : WS6 vs. Supra TT

importadrenelin
09-06-2002, 11:12 AM
This actually happened about 2 weeks ago but since there was some slight debate to how quick the WS6 was on the other thread i thought I would post this.

So I was on my way to work down Barlow Trail North when I spot the HUGE Ram Air Hood, and immediatley knew it was a WS6, so I change lanes so that he can get right beside me and he actually just passes by and then changes lanes so that he is in front of me, thats when I saw thw WS6 badge :clap: which confirmed my original observation.

Well the light at i think 71st Ave SE turns Red and I wanted to get beside him for the light but there was a car in the left lane already so I had to stay behind the WS6.
Anyways I had no idea if this guy wanted to go or not so just incase I turn off the TRACTION control and dial up the greddy Profec B to hgih boost setting, light turns green and he eases into the throttle as do I, then he just punches it, immediatley i am 3 car lengths back considering he started already 1 car length in front of me.
I WOT the Supra and hit 1.2 bar immediatley on the boost guage, Rip her into second gear and still no gains the WS6 is still 3 car lenghts in front of me, i hit 3rd gear and I pull a little bit on the WS6 maybe 1/2 a car, we hit 4th and he just kept goign as did I and the Supra was pulling harder now, probably another 3/4 car or 1 car length, after that I shut her down and we coasted to the next light where I was able to get beside him and have a chat.

I ask" "What you got done?"
he replies "Still stock"
I answer "Damn quick car for stock, nice race!"
He retorts "thanks, my buddy used to own a Supra, those thigns are really fast once you start modding, what you got done?"
I simply say "Exhaust, K&N, and some other stuff, how do you fair against C5's?"
He says "Have taken down a couple C5's, they aren't that much faster"

We gave each thumbs and went our seperate ways, I give props to the WS6, that thing is sooo quick:eek: , and to the driver he was totally cool guy:thumbsup:

My mods are:
K&N Drop in filter
RMM Downpipe
Greddy Evo Catback
HKS SSQV Blow-off Valve
Greddy Profec B

redline_13000
09-06-2002, 11:19 AM
ws6 firebirds are such beasts...what does ur supra do for the 1/4 mile?

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 11:20 AM
im surprised he pulled on you, with just the boltons you have, gives you some substantial power gains. im really surprised that your bpu supra didnt walk all over that ws6

importadrenelin
09-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Hey Redlyne_mr2

Ya I was a little surprised too but, you got to remember he went before I did, it's hard to catch a car liek the WS6 when hets the jump first and your playing catch up the rest of the way, from a dead gig I am pretty sure, but could be wrong that I should be able to take the WS6 without problems.. He may not have been stock, could had a K&N or chip something.. not sure but still a quick car either way

I haven't had the chance to take the Supra out to the 1/4 yet i plan on getting it out before the snow comes in.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by importadrenelin
Hey Redlyne_mr2

Ya I was a little surprised too but, you got to remember he went before I did, it's hard to catch a car liek the WS6 when hets the jump first and your playing catch up the rest of the way, from a dead gig I am pretty sure, but could be wrong that I should be able to take the WS6 without problems.. He may not have been stock, could had a K&N or chip something.. not sure but still a quick car either way

I haven't had the chance to take the Supra out to the 1/4 yet i plan on getting it out before the snow comes in.:thumbsup:
ya i missed how he got the jump on you...you need a hell of alot of power and torque to reel in one of those cars in...screw anymore of those little bolt ons and start saving for a turbo:thumbsup:

importadrenelin
09-06-2002, 11:37 AM
Ya,
We got MAD plans for the Surpa over winter, it'll be VERY different when Spring rolls around. I won't tell you what were doing exactly but just be prepared for something scary!

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Ya,
We got MAD plans for the Surpa over winter, it'll be VERY different when Spring rolls around. I won't tell you what were doing exactly but just be prepared for something scary!
right on cant wait..always awesome to see some serious toyotas in alberta

Ekliptix
09-06-2002, 12:08 PM
WS6 have the same engines as Camaro SS's, right?

Joe Malms
09-09-2002, 11:38 PM
Yo importadrenelin
Email my friend at [email protected]
He has some supra parts for sale.
HKS injectors, HKS Fuel Rail, etc

redline_13000
09-09-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
WS6 have the same engines as Camaro SS's, right?

yes same engine/hp/tq and all of the drivetrain is the same..the cars even weigh the same..but when tested the camaro ss did 0-60 in 5.2 while the ws6 ram air did 5.0, even the pros dont know why..or so they say..maybe its that huge ram air hood feeding that engine more air:D

Boost Infested
09-09-2002, 11:46 PM
i raced one few weeks back... a black colored ram air.... from a roll in first... he jumped me by about half of a car between us, then i will pull by him in top of 3rd and 4th - not hard but walking away... i shut it down after passing him and he pulled in behind me then smoked the divider in front of south center audi dealership? before silver hill acura....ouch!:dunno:

redline_13000
09-09-2002, 11:50 PM
ouch...thats what happens with street racing...but u actually beat it? ur sig says ur car does 14.2 1/4 right?:dunno: doesnt the ws6 ram air do high 13's? or did u win cuz he was a shitty driver?

Boost Infested
09-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
ouch...thats what happens with street racing...but u actually beat it? ur sig says ur car does 14.2 1/4 right?:dunno: doesnt the ws6 ram air do high 13's? or did u win cuz he was a shitty driver?

your ET - 14.2 is just about traction, you have to look at the mph...@ xxx.mph....is what your car will put down for HP.

101.33mph thats about what those ram air will run stock

ConVict
09-10-2002, 01:07 AM
i think it had something done, i posted this before and everyone thought i was lieing... but i raced a WS6 on deerfoot and off the lights...
deerfoot was DEAD even... didnt move an inch either way
off line line he pulled on me a bit by the end of 3rd..

bad driver... fake WS6 badge.. woo knows... but he told me it was over 300 hp and was amazed i stuck with him...
was a really nice guy... was a red one..

nookmumracing
09-10-2002, 02:24 PM
How much faster is a WS6 than a SS? I smoked out a SS before but never had a chance to step up to a WS6. Thats also before my turbo blew so I don't know how I would do now.

Peace

GP_DrIvEr
09-10-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
Yo importadrenelin
Email my friend at [email protected]
He has some supra parts for sale.
HKS injectors, HKS Fuel Rail, etc

i dont think he is going to need to buy used parts when he owns import adrenalin :dunno: :rofl:

GT2NV
09-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by GP_DrIvEr

i dont think he is going to need to buy used parts when he owns import adrenalin :dunno: :rofl:
lol:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joe Malms
09-11-2002, 09:18 PM

thats great
but used parts still may be cheaper for him

GP_DrIvEr
09-11-2002, 10:48 PM

thats great
but used parts still may be cheaper for him

oh yeah :banghead: what was i thinking :confused:

even though he can afford to buy a supra TT and lives at home he's gotta make sure to save $20 here and there so he can afford gas money :dunno: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl:

Joe Malms
09-11-2002, 11:01 PM

oh yeah :banghead: what was i thinking :confused:

even though he can afford to buy a supra TT and lives at home he's gotta make sure to save $20 here and there so he can afford gas money :dunno: :banghead: :banghead: :rofl:

Why are you so cool ?

importadrenelin
09-12-2002, 01:42 PM
I think you guys should chill out a little bit, there's nothing wrong with used parts... sometimes used parts is all you can get if certain products are on a big back order or discontinued.

Anyways I did email Mau and he's a really helpful guy, and hopefully he'll help me out with my Supra when I go single.

T5_X
09-12-2002, 01:58 PM
could had a K&N or chip something.. not sure but still a quick car either way

Note that a K&N will give quite good gains in a ram air car. If you drop one in a regular car it usually won't do shit cause the airbox is too restrictive but with ram air, the K&N shows that it does in fact have much more airflow than a stock filter.

three.eighteen.
09-15-2002, 04:14 PM
single eh jason? heh, i guess thats what most of the huge power supras run

Audi Kid
09-15-2002, 05:03 PM
dude wtf happend to your car at SS? u stoped like 1/2 way down the track

GP_DrIvEr
09-16-2002, 09:38 PM

Why are you so cool ?

sorry man, ill chill out

its just if it was me, and i was making that much money, and was still that young, and had almost no bills to pay and owned my own shop I wouldnt mind paying the extra $$$ for the brand new product