PDA

View Full Version : Jvc stereo deck confusion

master hec0
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
So i just installed my Jvc KD-R610 deck i wired it up properly and it worked just fine but i had to unplug the connector and antenna to reattach the plastic on the dash. So once i had it mounted and plugged it back in the only response i would get was when I pushed the display button or eject and then it would light up for 3 seconds. Then after double checking the wiring and it was good I just connected it directly to the battery with the exact same response did it just break on me or am i doing something wrong?

Tik-Tok
11-03-2010, 06:07 PM
When you pulled the plug, was your battery disconnected, or at least the fuses taken out?

master hec0
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
When you pulled the plug, was your battery disconnected, or at least the fuses taken out?

:banghead: I disconnected it when installing it but after testing it I forgot to re disconnect the battery.

did that Rape the deck? or is it in some kind of safe mode?

97luder
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
i have never taken off the battery to install a stereo and have never had a problem but we wont get into that

sound like it might have just been its time if you connected the red and yellow to the + and black to the - then id say if fried

master hec0
11-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 97luder
i have never taken off the battery to install a stereo and have never had a problem but we wont get into that

sound like it might have just been its time if you connected the red and yellow to the + and black to the - then id say if fried

its time? it was brand new out of the box. but i will try connecting the red and yellow as i had just connected yellow to the battery before. tho i did not notice a red wire.

Tik-Tok
11-03-2010, 07:59 PM
It's rare that just disco'ing the plug will fry the unit, but it does happen occasionally.

Red should be your Accessory/Ignition wire, and yellow is straight to battery to keep your time/settings. Just yellow to the battery and black won't give you power.

master hec0
11-04-2010, 07:51 PM
ok so i twisted the red and yellow together and directly connected them to the battery and it functions normally. so what could be the issue here? blown fuse? bad wiring? strange that it worked once and then when i plugged it in again it did not work. all fuses appear to be fine. unfortunately the fuse panel does not label what fuses power what

sugoi240
11-04-2010, 08:18 PM
You blew your ignition wiring fuse.
What you had connected on the red wire line has been blown.
Check all your fuses if you don't know which one.

master hec0
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
I checked them all and replaced one that was blow with no effect. it was a tiny 7.5 i doubt it was actually for that. I got a new wiring harness I will try that tomorrow and see if it works.

97luder
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
oh sorry i though it was an old cd player

yeah hook up red and yellow ( 12v continues and 12v acc) to positive and black to the negative if it still does the same thing id take it back

if it does work then you might have a bad ground ( just one option )

master hec0
11-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 97luder
oh sorry i though it was an old cd player

yeah hook up red and yellow ( 12v continues and 12v acc) to positive and black to the negative if it still does the same thing id take it back

if it does work then you might have a bad ground ( just one option )

As i had stated in an earlier post I did hook the yellow+red to the battery and it worked just fine. I am using the factory ground wire so I think i just going to manually ground it to the dash.

master hec0
11-05-2010, 10:05 AM
ok so I installed it again this time only wiring up the red yellow and black and it powerd on. then i wired everything up and put it into the dash. it turned on and went to static on FM then about 4 seconds later it shut off and went back to the same issue again. to me it seems like a fuse blew again but there appears to be no fuses blown.....

master hec0
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM
ok update again.

so the red wire is my woes. I hooked everything up but this time ran a wire from my battery to the red wire and it works. so the problem definitely resides at the red wire but now how do I go about diagnosing it?

EVERYTHING IS FIXED NOW HUGE CLUSTERFUCK.