PDA

View Full Version : Bob Saget (Dec. 18)

swak
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone got tickets?

SOO stoked on this, next to George Carlin, he is my all time favorite comedian.
I missed hime last time he was in town, anyone go, or ever seen him live?

Looking forward.

jdmXSI
11-03-2010, 10:32 PM
WHAT??? I'd love to go. off the top of your head, do where can you get tickets?

sputnik
11-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Bob Saget sucks.

Ok. We all thought he was funny the first time we saw his standup. Everyone was like "hey theres that Full House guy swearing and stuff".

However 10 years later its the exact same routine. Oooh an Olsen twins joke. How unexpected. Yawn.

Good comedians are ones that have a constantly changing routine.

Bob Saget is not one of them.

Comparing him to Carlin is a complete insult to George.

Myrrinda
11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I saw Bob a few years ago at Yuk Yuks and he was hilarious. Lst time he was here, he was terrible. I mean, you can only carry a joke about fucking animals so far. A whole night's worth of it was awful. It's like he didn't have any material, and he just got up there and thought swearing and making sex jokes would carry his routine. And yeah, enough with the Olsen twins jokes.

rage2
11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
Bob Saget sucks.

Ok. We all thought he was funny the first time we saw his standup. Everyone was like "hey theres that Full House guy swearing and stuff".

However 10 years later its the exact same routine. Oooh an Olsen twins joke. How unexpected. Yawn.

Excellent summary haha.

He is pretty funny on entourage though, but that's usually because his "routine" lasts 5 mins.

swak
11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Bob Saget sucks.

Im not comparing him to G. Carlin,
I'm putting him above other comedians out there though.

EDIT: and tickets are sold right at the Epcor centre.

95teetee
11-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2

He is pretty funny on entourage though, but that's usually because his "routine" lasts 5 mins. IIRC, his part of The Aristocrats was pretty funny, too (for the same "holy cow that's the 'Full House' guy talking like that" reason)

chkolny541
11-04-2010, 07:32 PM
i looked at tix, and i saw 150$, then i closed the window

bourge73
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Enjoy Bob Seger!

bjstare
11-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I saw him last time he was here... the act was definitely a little old by the end of the night. One thing I'll give him props for was the audience participation part... the shit he improv'd with the audience was really funny.

swak
11-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
i looked at tix, and i saw 150$, then i closed the window

The most expensive tickets (being sold directly from the epcor centre) are 70 ea i think (69.00)

my tickets were 59/ea...
And are pretty damn good seats (first row, first balcony)

Super_Geo
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I got tickets because I want to see Bob Saget.

Then I realized... hey, wait a minute... didn't I see Saget a couple of years ago when he came through Calgary? ... ... ... Fuck! Turns out I did. Guess he wasn't that memorable.

I hope he has some new material.

BigMass
11-16-2010, 12:19 PM
saw his entire stand up show on TV a while back. Didn't laugh once. All I can remember is swearing. Nothing actually funny though. Carlin was a god, I mean, I don’t even know what to say comparing him to Saget…

swak
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
saw his entire stand up show on TV a while back. Didn't laugh once. All I can remember is swearing. Nothing actually funny though. Carlin was a god, I mean, I don’t even know what to say comparing him to Saget…

are you fucking daft?

We're not comparing him to Saget at all here.
As far as im concerned, no one will beat George Carlin. Ever.
AND
As far as im concerned, Saget is pretty damn funny too (i did find his HBO special pretty gold); thus, i went and bought tickets.

...Its like saying "I like coffee, and i enjoy riding bikes"
am i comparing bikes to coffee? No.
All im saying is i like them both.
(In my original post, i even made a directional statement, that i like one more than the other)

sputnik
11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't know how someone can say they like Saget AND Carlin and not be accused of making a comparison.

It would be like if I said I liked hot blondes with tight bodies and big tits but also loved fat chicks with scaly skin, bad breath, herpes and head lice.

superflychief
11-16-2010, 03:59 PM
I saw him a couple of yrs back and I thought he was terrible. Didn't laugh once during his act. I saw Russel Peters and though he was way better then saget. I don't get the appeal :dunno:

swak
11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by superflychief
I saw him a couple of yrs back and I thought he was terrible. Didn't laugh once during his act. I saw Russel Peters and though he was way better then saget. I don't get the appeal :dunno:

I used to have hugggeee respect for Peters, i even bought his black brown and purple (or whatever its called) first day it came out, then gave it to a friend the next day after i watched it. Didn't find it funny at all (not because im offended or anything, but just becuase it wasnt funny.. weve all heard hellen keller jokes before).
Still love his old stuff though.

Saget, talks about f-ing a turtle on his dvd. Come on... If you dont find that funny in a stupid way, thats fucked up.

On a continuum id say

1. Carlin
2. Crosby
3. Saget
4. R. Williams

1,000,000,000,000,000,000. Dane Cook :thumbsdow

tenth
11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
By Crosby do you mean Bill Cosby? Since that list includes the dead, there are definitely more than 100 comedians funnier than Bob Saget. He's crude for the sake of crude, with some full house jokes thrown in. Having sex with Kimmy Gibbler is only funny for so long.

I'm with you on Russell Peters though. Saw him in 2009, and after seeing Seinfeld in town a week earlier, it ruined seeing Russell. I laughed out loud a few times at Russell Peters, but I hurt coming out of Seinfeld.

BigMass
11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by swak

are you fucking daft?

We're not comparing him to Saget at all here.
As far as im concerned, no one will beat George Carlin. Ever.

I read “next George Carlin” instead of Next to…. My mistake. But you did in a way compare him by stating that he's the next best thing to him. Which anyway to slice it, is pretty ridiculous.

swak
11-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by tenth
By Crosby do you mean Bill Cosby? Since that list includes the dead, there are definitely more than 100 comedians funnier than Bob Saget. He's crude for the sake of crude, with some full house jokes thrown in. Having sex with Kimmy Gibbler is only funny for so long.

I'm with you on Russell Peters though. Saw him in 2009, and after seeing Seinfeld in town a week earlier, it ruined seeing Russell. I laughed out loud a few times at Russell Peters, but I hurt coming out of Seinfeld.

Yes, bill cosby.

But that i know of, in my era, im not aware of any other real big comedians that are amazing out there.

Myrrinda
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM

Saget, talks about f-ing a turtle on his dvd. Come on... If you dont find that funny in a stupid way, thats fucked up.

Right, that was pretty much his ENTIRE show last time he was here. Oh, he might have included a goat in there somewhere. He thinks he's 'shocking' because he swears and talks about having sex with animals. He has his moments, but for the most part he beats his jokes to death until people are ready to start throwing rotten tomatos.

tenth
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM

Yes, bill cosby.

But that i know of, in my era, im not aware of any other real big comedians that are amazing out there.
There's quite a few hilarious comedians doing stand-up out there these days. Louis CK, Jim Jefferies, Demetri Martin, Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt, Brian Regan, John Pinette, Jim Gaffigan, Nick Swardson, and a ton of others. They're probably all about as big an act as Saget. I went to see Brad Garrett and John Lovitz this year, neither of which I was really sold on ahead of time, but both were hilarious. Brad Garrett was surprisingly crude and like Saget had a few references to his Everybody Loves Raymond character, but he was still genuinely really funny, as opposed to just shock humour.

Mitch Hedberg is of your era, and one of the funniest men who ever lived.

Mar
11-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Seinfeld
Robin Williams
George Carlin
Bill Engvall
Russell Peters
Martin Lawrence
Chris Rock
Eddie Murphy
Bernie Mac
Joe Rogan

In no order.

I don't imagine Bob Saget would be funny on anything besides his roast.

D'z Nutz
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I can't believe anyone finds Bob Saget funny. I didn't even find him funny when he first started spewing out profanities in his act since it was clearly just a gimmick and his bit in The Aristocrats was pretty lame.

The only time I laughed at him was when he used to suck dick for coke, but that was just cause it was so unexpected.

Out of curiosity, you guys who find Bob Saget funny... Are you the same people who enjoy Dane Cook?

swak
11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Out of curiosity, you guys who find Bob Saget funny... Are you the same people who enjoy Dane Cook?

Definitely not... Completely different styles.
Dane Cook is SHIT.

.. and totally forgot about Jim Gaffigan, i was in tears last time i watched his dvd.

Super_Geo
12-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Bob Saget fuckin sucked.

The opener was way more enjoyable than Saget was... about 10-15 minutes in I couldn't wait for it to be over. It was fucking brutal. I've seen far better amateur comics out there... God damn it was that a brutal set.

swak
12-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Bob Saget fuckin sucked.

The opener was way more enjoyable than Saget was... about 10-15 minutes in I couldn't wait for it to be over. It was fucking brutal. I've seen far better amateur comics out there... God damn it was that a brutal set.

Unfortunately, i have to agree with you a little bit.

After seeing his HBO special, i expected a little more from him. It seemed like he was really unprepared and just fed off the audience all night.
I saw Dave Coulier a while back at the Laugh Shop (Joey from Full House) and he put on an amazing show actually.

Still enjoyed it though.

Rusted Bumper
12-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I have to agree as well. I've never seen any of his previous stand up work, so I didn't have any expectations. But in the end, it turned out to be a guy who used to be famous talking dirty and playing less than funny songs.

And sitting in the second row I could see white chunks flying out of his mouth. Much larger than spit. Dried out denture cream? :rofl:

ryder_23
12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Rusted Bumper

And sitting in the second row I could see white chunks flying out of his mouth. Much larger than spit. Dried out denture cream? :rofl:

Coke pasties :rofl:

HiTempguy1
12-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Who you rollin' with...

rWyrmGm-Q6k