PDA

View Full Version : nissan craze

Lo)2enz0
01-02-2004, 04:41 PM
As everyone know the increase in nissan interest has changed alot since the introduction to the public of drifting at drift showoff last summer. In the past 6 months I have seen the growth of owners of 240sx's on this forum increase alot

well the point to this thread is all about a comment i read in import racer (the issue where they covered he usa d1) and under a picture of a 240sx coupe with a sr20det swap and a s13 conversion stated that both these conversions are showing up everywhere at shows nowdays and are not rare anymore. than a comment that made me think, "are 240sx's turning into civic's?".

well i was wondering what other people think about this?

sxtasy
01-02-2004, 04:44 PM
yah its crazy. I've been driving 240's for about 4 or 5 years. Before I couldn't find any parts for them and I wondered why no one was modding them. Now they are getting so popular, almost makes me want to sell mine now that the market for them is good.

Hakkola
01-02-2004, 04:46 PM
NO, the cars are way too different. Even if 240sx is becoming more popular the are rare compared to civics and seems like you see mostly car enthusiasts driving them, (I said mostly). There are grandma's and such driving civics.

88CRX
01-02-2004, 04:57 PM
yup.... its a fad.

redbaron303
01-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Shit... I typed up something real nice for this thread then hit reset form... damn touch mouse on the laptop...

I think people have just realized what kind of cars Nissan produces and are starting to take advantage of a great product. I myself currently only own Nissans, and I've owned an RX7 (driven plenty), an Acura. I've driven most of the 80's Jap "supercars" and I love almost everything has put out and they're always at th etop of my list.

I didn't have to sink a ton of money into my 300zx to get it to run 14's (I know it's not that impressive but hey I like it). My Silvia I didn't need to perform a costly motorswap and hope to work out all the bugs after doing the swap, it was stock and already yielding it's potential....

Nissan has made and currently makes awesome cars. That's why I drive them, and I think that's why a lot of people are looking into and are buying them... :D

1badPT
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Out of the Japanese imports Nissan is one of my favourites. IMO Japanese cars have always been weak in the style department in general, but Nissans and Mazda's seem to be the exception(the other companies have their exceptions too, but for the most part Nissan and Mazda have great style across the whole lineup). I hate plain looking cars. The 350Z is perfection. Given the age, the 240sx is a sweet set of wheels also.

rogue
01-02-2004, 06:32 PM
the 240sx is very common now it seems but only the fastback 180sx style. I drive for a living and i see them everywhere, not more then civics but i see more half assed souped up (just exhaust with painted wheels type thing) then civics now but a really nicely done 240 is still a rarity. Clean and simple is the key in my opinion. Or all out crazy C-west or Gp sports is good too.:D

euro_racer
01-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Nissan sure does make nice cars, i own a 2002 maxima se 6spd...damn fast, my vr-6 jetta can't even come close