PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Turtle Burger/heart attack

Kritafo
11-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Handmade ground beef patties, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in a bacon weave, then the next step, add hotdogs as the heads, legs and tail.

Place on an oven rack, covered loosely with foil and baked for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. A little crispy, not too crunchy

For more info and pics

http://forums.cottagelife.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5043 for pics

dj_rice
11-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Looks like the Bacon Explosion loaf thingie, will try to make one some day

Dave P
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I made them in Sept for a "man" weekend out at the cabin.

Pretty awesome! They definatley cook up much better in an oven then on a bbq

n1zm0
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
i thought it was going to be about real turtle meat burgers.

http://blissfullydomestic.com/wp-content/uploads/turtle-burger-on-flickr-photo-sharing-5309-1239075909-4.jpg

but i saw this on this is why you're fat (http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/) a while back, rightful place for that craziness

ericchoweg
11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
those look really good:drool:

Cos
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Probably no worse than the ones from Boogie Burgers :drool:

Jeremiah
11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Will make this weekend

theken
11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Ill attempt it with ground bison

Wrinkly
11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by theken
Ill attempt it with ground bison

...for a "healthier" version... :D

theken
11-04-2010, 03:10 PM
No, I don't eat ground beef very often. Its either ground chicken or bison. Plus bison is a dryer meat so the bacon would juicy it up a touch. I am in no way condoning healthy eating

Kritafo
11-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by theken
No, I don't eat ground beef very often. Its either ground chicken or bison. Plus bison is a dryer meat so the bacon would juicy it up a touch. I am in no way condoning healthy eating

Exactly what I was thinking... I like the flavour so much more than burger meat.

Guillermo
11-04-2010, 03:59 PM
I would skip the hot dogs, but then I suppose I would just be making a bacon cheeseburger. :dunno:

revelations
11-04-2010, 09:24 PM
It looks so good... but man, I think I'll have to get an oil change/flush after eating something like that.

Benny
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Am I the only one who hates shit like this?

Hot dogs? Great
Burgers? Awesome
Bacon? The best!

All together? :barf:

What's with all these 'manly' fucking horrible meals. From those stupid 5 patty burgers to all those dumb bacon-cheese-ham-weaves you see on the internet every time Superbowl rolls around. Shit like this is fucking gross AND horrible for you. 'Manly' as fuck yup yup :facepalm:

e31
11-04-2010, 09:48 PM
I suspect that there is one user who has eaten his fair share of tofu for the week. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to one of these badboys, you deserve it.

To explain it more eloquently; This kind of simple culinary excess has garnered the praise of mankind since prehistoric times. Whether it be a tip of the hat, a thumbs up, a "yee-haw dats sum dayum good eats", or a rapid series of grunts, this reflex is hard wired into every human. Revel in it, unleash the hedonist within.

Benny
11-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by e31
I suspect that there is one user who has eaten his fair share of tofu for the week. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to one of these badboys, you deserve it.

To explain it more eloquently; This kind of simple culinary excess has garnered the praise of mankind since prehistoric times. Whether it be a tip of the hat, a thumbs up, a "yee-haw dats sum dayum good eats", or a rapid series of grunts, this reflex is hard wired into every human. Revel in it, unleash the hedonist within.

Nah I'm not some tofu-loving hippy. I just missed the developmental stage where eating a few pounds of pure fat and grease became appealing. All three of those ingredients are awesome on their own, just a fucking revolting combo.

I suppose the closest I can get to eating this kinda shit is when I'm loaded on 17th and hit up Tubby Dog. But that's only like once a year, and I feel like absolute shit after haha.

Guillermo
11-04-2010, 11:28 PM
the hot dogs cheapen up, or ghettofy, the dish. I thought about removing them at first, but then realized it would be better to replace them with BEER BRATS. :drool: :drool: :drool: