PDA

View Full Version : damage car appraisal

daatguy
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey guys,

I drive a black infiniti g35 and I recently rear ended a silver toyota corolla (it was a very minor collision). My front left bumper hit her back right bumper. When we went out of the car to look for any damage we found little white scratches on her bumper and paint scratched off on either sides of her license plate but still on the trunk. She was claiming that that damage was from me.
Firstly, the scratches would be black and the scratches on her bumper would match on my bumper. Secondly, if my car had hit her trunk it would've had to have crinkled her bumper in order to reach it as both our cars are relatively the same height.
We're both the second owners of our cars and I tried explaining to her that the scratches are probably from the previous owner but she refuses to agree with me. I've tried calling mechanical shops and they told me to call auto body shops but they still said that they couldn't see whether damage from one car was related to damage to another car. One of the auto body shops told me to go get an appraisal but i've been googling and can't quite find one.

For a summary, she's trying to make me pay $1000 for damage I didn't do and I don't want to go through insurance for this. So, do you know where I could find an auto damage appraisal shop in Calgary?

thanks,
Amanda

inline6turbo
11-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I would suggest the Yellow Pages, try Automobile Body Repairing. There should be a hundred or more companies to choose from.