PDA

View Full Version : Any place that sells tall, but not HD jackstands?

Tik-Tok
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I need some tall ones, max height of 24-30", but don't need them to be heavy duty, which is all I can find. I don't want to spend $150 of 30" ones just because they're capable of 12 tons.

Cooked Rice
11-05-2010, 12:20 AM
just get some bricks and lay them under the stands. I don't think anyone makes a tall and skinny light duty jack stand.

FraserB
11-05-2010, 12:40 AM
I'll measure mine in the morning, I use them for a lifted Jeep so they might work. How long would you need them for?

Tik-Tok
11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
I'll measure mine in the morning, I use them for a lifted Jeep so they might work. How long would you need them for?

Probably for awhile, I'm rebuilding my transmission, so it could be a little as a week, or as long as all winter :rofl:
Thanks anyways for the offer though.

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
just get some bricks and lay them under the stands. I don't think anyone makes a tall and skinny light duty jack stand.

Yeah, I don't like doing that because it just doesn't feel safe, but will probably end up doing it anyways. Hopefully none of the bolts are too seized up down there, and I won't have to put a lot of sideways force on the car.