PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Ford anti-theft?

master hec0
11-05-2010, 02:32 PM
While trying to diagnose my audio deck problems I managed to trigger he anti-theft on my 1997 Ford Ranger so now the starter does not engage. its manual 3.0 v6 not PATS key.

anyway to reset the system?

master hec0
11-05-2010, 05:43 PM
everything fixed after huge clusterfuck

tictactoe2004
11-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
everything fixed after huge clusterfuck

Threads like this should be banned from the internet. Some unlucky fuck will be so happy when he finds this thread in google because it's going to be exactly what is happening to him only to find that the resolution was "it was fixed after a huge clusterfuck".

lol, thanks for the detail.

master hec0
11-05-2010, 07:20 PM
To summarize the antitheft went off but then the battery died causing it to continue to show similar signs of still being locked out then my jumper box was too weak to jump it. So I still thought it was the antitheft starter solenoid was rapidly clicking so I replaced it then clicking still persisted eventually I just disconnected the battery and put it on a charger an hour later it started.

Sorry if this is a text wall but I'm writing this on my phone

tictactoe2004
11-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
To summarize the antitheft went off but then the battery died causing it to continue to show similar signs of still being locked out then my jumper box was too weak to jump it. So I still thought it was the antitheft starter solenoid was rapidly clicking so I replaced it then clicking still persisted eventually I just disconnected the battery and put it on a charger an hour later it started.

Sorry if this is a text wall but I'm writing this on my phone

:clap: Thank you.