PDA

View Full Version : how are the Calgary BMW dealers handling US import warranties lately

Buster
11-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Despite all of the FUD, I am fully aware that the US BMW warranty transfers to Canada (minus the free maintenance).

It seems dealers across Canada have responded to imports differently.

What is the situation on Gallery/ Calgary BMW providing US warranty work

I just imported a late-model BMW, and I want to ensure I can navigate these guys properly. I know that they are generally considered useless assholes.

funkedelic2
11-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I dont know about Gallery but ive been taking my BMW's to Calgary BMW. I have had 2 BMW's that were imported and when they needed warranty work or recall or anything along those lines, they were good about it. I have heard some stories but personally i haven't had a problem!

JVR1
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Same here, calgary bmw has been good on the warranty work I've needed. No hassle.

Buster
11-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Did you guys do the import the way BMW Canada wants you to...changing the speedo and the HVAC controls in addition to getting the recall letter from them?

I did none of that....just got the recall letter from the selling dealer.

you&me
11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Buster
Did you guys do the import the way BMW Canada wants you to...changing the speedo and the HVAC controls in addition to getting the recall letter from them?

I did none of that....just got the recall letter from the selling dealer.

In my experience, you'll be fine.

Buster
12-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Update:

Calgary BMW had no problem doing warranty work on my car. No mention of it being a US car.