PDA

View Full Version : Acrodex

j.garner
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Does anyone here work for acrodex? Do you like it? Dont like it? why?

Josh.JD
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
I work for Acrodex in Edmonton, pretty good company overall. Only thing I found is the pay isn't really comparable to industry standard.

Anomaly
11-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't work for them, but I went for an Interview about 2 years ago. They balked at my salary expectations and told me to go get my A+ cert. (:rofl: )

Ended up getting a job paying 20k more a year....

Personally, I would look else where.

Josh.JD
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
They didn't give you an option to get your A+ within 3 months? They do pay for it... and honestly it is your most basic certification anyone in the IT field should have it. As far as the pay I will agree with you it is a lot less then industry standard.

Vdubbin
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I worked for them a number of years ago and the pay was below average. Then on a lunch hour going to get lunch for my boss I got rear ended and was unable to work. They terminated my contract and would not provide a letter to my insurance company so I was left without a job and no compensation because of them. They did a "too bad, so F you" after I'd trained my replacement.

Anomaly
11-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Josh.JD
They didn't give you an option to get your A+ within 3 months? They do pay for it... and honestly it is your most basic certification anyone in the IT field should have it. As far as the pay I will agree with you it is a lot less then industry standard.

They did, but there attitude of... you have a diploma (which included an A+ equivalent class) and your CCNA, we don't really care.... you need your A+. They were also pretty insulting in the interview...was a little dis concerning.

I guess it depends what your qualifications are... if you have little experience and no schooling, they would be your way to get in to the industry. In my opinion, if you have a diploma or degree you can do much better.