PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Lube oil change for $27

dkmlam
11-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I initially posted this in the wrong forum.

I just came across this and thought I'd share with beyond:

$27 for a standard oil change at Mr. Lube

http://livingsocial.com/deals/13360?ref=personalized-link-box-2139498&rpi=2139498

Only a few hours left.

onibaku
11-09-2010, 04:59 AM
i can do my oil for cheaper....
plus after working at mr lube... i will never go there

master hec0
11-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I get my oil 50 cents per liter plus 5$ for a filter 7$ oil change FTW

GQBalla
11-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by master hec0
pass on the deal :D

G-ZUS
11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

pass on the deal :D

:werd: My buddy stopped getting me 20L pails for a pack of smokes since he quit smoking

If anybody here works for Alberta Health Services, I believe they have a deal with Sunridge Mazda. 5 oil changes for $89

adidas
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

:werd: My buddy stopped getting me 20L pails for a pack of smokes since he quit smoking

If anybody here works for Alberta Health Services, I believe they have a deal with Sunridge Mazda. 5 oil changes for $89

I think that still work, just call the service dept manager.

Thaco
11-09-2010, 09:47 AM
I get my oil 50 cents per liter plus 5$ for a filter 7$ oil change FTW IMO the $20 savings is not worth the getting all dirty and spending an extra half hour getting the car up on jacks and crawling under it.... i used to do my own oil changes, but then i realized it's just not worth my time and effort.

2002civic
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't let them do my oil change for free...

ddduke
11-09-2010, 10:06 AM

It's not worth the wasted time to save that little bit of money. I definitely rather pay someone and just not have to worry about it.

mr2mike
11-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Had a buddy use Mr. Lube for his Twin Turbo Stealth back in the day. They used the wrong filter, cross threaded it and the motor never worked the same since.

dkmlam
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Where did you hear about that? I work for Alberta Health Services.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
To do it myself mine costs $12 for a filter and $45 for oil. $60ish total every 5000km.

turbotrip
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
$19 at the downtown meineke everyday!

G-ZUS
11-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by dkmlam

Where did you hear about that? I work for Alberta Health Services.

I saw a post up on the advertising board a couple months ago when I was working at PLC. You have to have valid AHS ID

Vanner
11-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I suppose it depend on the owner in how far s/he is willing to do all the work on her/his vehicle. I guess that's what I think... myself I do all the tune-ups, oil changes and even change or repair engine parts. Been doing that for years with no trouble.

My benefit is that I save the charges what shops would tack on the bill. In the long run I must had save hundreds of dollars since - more saved means I can put toward nice car parts.

If you don't like doing the dirty work - hey, it's your business, eh? Grandpa taught me to take pride in my own work and he was damn right!

StreetRacerX
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I do as much as I can on my vehicles, I could care less about savings as long as I KNOW that everything is being done properly as I am doing it myself at my own pace, ensuring everything is fine and dandy.

I can guarantee you that not one of those shops will fill the new oil filter with oil before slapping it on your vehicle.

know1edge
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Mobil 1 oil changes for $0 :D

Originally posted by StreetRacerX
I can guarantee you that not one of those shops will fill the new oil filter with oil before slapping it on your vehicle.

Well, only turbos need to be primed

master hec0
11-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Vanner
I suppose it depend on the owner in how far s/he is willing to do all the work on her/his vehicle. I guess that's what I think... myself I do all the tune-ups, oil changes and even change or repair engine parts. Been doing that for years with no trouble.

My benefit is that I save the charges what shops would tack on the bill. In the long run I must had save hundreds of dollars since - more saved means I can put toward nice car parts.

If you don't like doing the dirty work - hey, it's your business, eh? Grandpa taught me to take pride in my own work and he was damn right!

Yep thats how I look at things I would never send my vehicle to a shop unless it's internal engine work or speciality work like alignments and welding

I'm waiting for my parts shipment to make it to Montana border storage so I can do a brake job and bearings/balljoints I get premium parts from the states for less than economy parts locally