PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Syntec

msommers
11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
So after going back and forth about what oil to use, I figured I'd try a synthetic out to see if I could tell a difference in cold start ups and also if there was an increased amount of oil caught by the catch can that I recently installed in contrast to the oil I have in there now.

After reading about what oils other G35 owners have used, it seems that Castrol Syntec 0W30 has yielded very good results. It is a German Castrol and is the only one made in Germany as opposed to the others which are made in the US. The issue is finding this stuff locally! I've checked Canadian tire, Parts Source and Auto Value and none of them have that particular viscosity and weight in stock but part source said they can order it in.

Anyone know of where to get it that has it in stock and if so, is anyone able to gimme a hook up by chance?

schocker
11-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I use it in my G when possible. I have seen it at both walmart and canadian tire, 1L bottles only though.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I have never had a problem finding it at any Canadian Tire locally, but yes 1L bottles only. I use it in my 1992 Nissan 180SX.

lilmira
11-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah you can get German Castrol just about everywhere but they are in 1L bottle only. You can see "Made in Germany" on the back.

I picked up a dozen from Canadian Tire last time when they have the whole Castrol line on sale.

PremiumRSX
11-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Available @ Walmart

Other than the "made in Germany" the label itself looks a little different than other Castrol Synthetics.

msommers
11-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Took a quick look at crappy tire tonight and it's on sale for 7.50/1L