PDA

View Full Version : Pacquaio VS Margarito Nov. 13

JordanEG6
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm surprised no one has a thread about this already, unless it's a repost, in which case, my bad. I know it's not the fight we've all been waiting for, but it's still going to be a great match IMO

pfCCMQorReE

It's been on for 3 weeks already, the finale is Friday. Fight on Saturday.

Can't wait.

Personally, I think it's going to be a tough one. Not only is Pacquiao being distracted by publicity, politics and media, but as Freddy stated, its the worst camp ever and Margarito has been training his ass off.

Pac's got speed, but like Ariza said, he's lost some of it at 148lbs. Which I don't get because he trained for Clottey at 153lbs. In this fight, speed is all he's got. Margarito's got power (as always being up yet another weight class), but puts on so much more pressure than the previous fighters Manny fought.

But being a Pac-Fan, I'll take Roach's word for it. Go Pacquiao.

:clap:

EDIT: I also think Brandon Rios is a little bitch. Haha

J.M.
11-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I also think Brandon Rios is a little bitch. Haha

:werd: :rofl:

I can't wait for the fight either!

projekz
11-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm all in for Pacquiao:thumbsup:

Must be Filipino pride ;)

mushi_mushi
11-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I want to see margarito lose. He seems like an alright guy on 24/7, but seriously how could he not know about the wraps. Ive never boxed but I imagine if you get your hands wrapped daily you would know what it should feel like. I dont think he should be allowed to box period, look at what he did to cotto, if he had wraps he pretty much ruined his career. Also feel bad for his x-training partner that said margarito broke his orbital.

As far as the fight, if manny was in good shape I'd pick him, hell at 80% Im still going with manny. There's this clip on youtube with max kellerman doing a round table with manny, roach, margarito, and margaritos trainer. They asked roach who's going to win, roach said manny's going to knock him out. Margaritos said something along the line of what am I a cripple, Roach said, I saw your last two fights. I lol'ed. I agree margarito really hasnt done much to deserve this fight or make people believe he can win. Anything can happen, but manny should take it.

4_3GNU4_G1I

The part im talking about starts at ~3:42

mushi_mushi
11-10-2010, 11:40 PM
briefly off topic, Ive seen this video many a-time but I didnt realize that max kellerman did rap before transitioning into boxing. I actually dont think its that bad.

0uA8hcv1MzA

projekz
11-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi
They asked roach who's going to win, roach said manny's going to knock him out. Margaritos said something along the line of what am I a cripple, Roach said, I saw your last two fights. I lol'ed.

Saw that too...:rofl: :rofl:

CivicDXR
11-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Been watching the 24/7s as well. I wonder how much of the whole 'training camp hasn't been going well' thing is a ploy to get more people to watch the fight since they thing Manny is not 100%?

I trust Roach, he's been pretty close with his predictions...

And lol at what Roach said, Margarito couldn't say anything!

GO MANNY!

projekz
11-11-2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.pacificorientproducts.com/catalog/Filipino%20Pride%20Rice.jpg

J.M.
11-11-2010, 12:58 AM
^ lol

Joel_D
11-11-2010, 03:45 AM
As much as I hate seeing Margacheato back in the ring, I really hope Manny takes it too him. More so after the last couple of weeks...so disrespectful and clearly making a mockery about the hand pad issue.

This just infuriates me:

Margarito makes fun of Pacquiao trainer in video
By STEPHEN HAWKINS , 11.10.10, 07:23 PM EST

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Antonio Margarito has repeatedly said he is sorry for a hand-wrapping scandal that almost ended his boxing career. Now his camp has had to apologize again, for something else only days before getting into the ring against Manny Pacquiao.

A video interview posted by Elie Seckbach of FanHouse recently raced across the Internet, in which Margarito and Brandon Rios - both of whom are trained by Robert Garcia - appear to mock the Parkinson's disease of Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach.

Before even talking about the junior middleweight title bout during a news conference Wednesday at Cowboys Stadium, Garcia first apologized for the video.

"This was nothing to do with the disease that Freddie Roach has. We know it's something that we don't wish nobody," Garcia said Wednesday. "It's something personal, something between Team Pacquiao and Team Margarito. I just wanted to make that clear."

When Roach was at the podium a few minutes later, he didn't acknowledge what Garcia said or even refer to the video. After the formal program was completed, though, Roach said he wasn't buying Garcia's apology.

In the video, Margarito makes a twisted face and raises a shaking hand for the camera before it pans to Rios, who also makes faces and stutters while saying Pacquiao's name.

The video has since been edited to remove Rios and make it appear as though Margarito is doing a scared impression of Roach, who has routinely questioned Margarito's integrity following the hand-wrapping scandal nearly two years ago.

Garcia also takes part in the mockery by holding up a thick chunk of metal and telling Roach he'd better watch as Margarito's hands are wrapped so that it doesn't end up under the tape.

"They're so disrespectful to me and the hand pad issues. ... It's like a slap in the face, like 'we got caught with something, but we're still here fighting. ' I think it shows his true character. I don't think they are a good group of people," Roach said. "I'm not going to bother Manny Pacquiao with that. Manny doesn't hate anybody and so forth, but I do hate those guys."

Pacquiao said he hadn't seen the video.

Roach does plan to make sure Margarito is being watched when his hands are wrapped before Saturday night's bout. That's not a joke.

"I will watch him. I asked the (Texas) commission to have a person from my camp in their training room from start to finish, and they can do the same with me," Roach said, adding that his request was approved. "I don't trust those guys. He'll do anything to win. He's done it before. He's a cheater."

The bout will be Pacquiao's second at Cowboys Stadium, where more than 50,000 fans are expected to attend along with an expected pay-per-view audience of 1 million or more.

In March at the $1.2 billion showplace, Pacquiao dominated Joshua Clottey from the opening bell to retain his welterweight title with an unanimous decision.

Pacquiao has since been elected a congressman in his native Philippines, a job that initially seemed to be affecting his training for this fight. He even missed a day of workouts.

"Everything is back to normal," Roach said, declaring Pacquiao ready for the fight. "It was never physical. It was all mental. His mental focus wasn't there."

Margarito, the former welterweight champion, was approved to fight in Texas after being denied a license in California and having another application in Nevada tabled.

Promoter Bob Arum again Wednesday applauded the decision by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and defended Margarito. Both Pacquiao and Margarito fight under Arum's Top Rank banner.

"When other people in boxing, some other commissions feasted on innuendoes, lies and smears, this commission read the record, read every scrap from the California hearing to the appeals," Arum said. "For 18 months (Margarito) has gone through hell, but he's taken it like a man, he's accepted it and believe me on Saturday night he will give you the fight of his life."

Margarito hasn't fought in the United States since January 2009, when a plaster-like substance was found in his hand wraps before a fight against Shane Mosley in Los Angeles.

Margarito's license along with that of his former trainer, Javier Capetillo, were revoked for at least one year by the California State Athletic Commission, a decision that was upheld by other states.

Margarito has repeatedly said he wasn't aware of the substance found in his hand wraps.

"I wrap guys every day," Roach said. "Believe me, if I put a rock in their hand, they would know it."

In his only fight since, Margarito won an unanimous decision over Roberto Garcia in Mexico in May.

While Garcia acknowledged that they were making fun of Roach in the video, he insisted that Rios didn't even know about the Parkinson's disease that affects Pacquiao's trainer. Garcia said the video was made about five weeks ago.

"He didn't even know Freddie had a disease," Garcia said. "He thought it was from 13 losses that Freddie Roach had when he was a professional boxer."

Roach said Margarito and Garcia have been nice to him in the past.

"But they stooped kind of low this time," Roach said. "They showed their true colors."

Here's one of the video's:
eT9Lf8oWS6M

Here's hoping Manny sends this prick into retirement.

IntegraG2
11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
^ wow what a bunch of jackasses.

Jlude
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
^ wow what a bunch of jackasses.

Agreed

mushi_mushi
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
^^
"He didn't even know Freddie had a disease," Garcia said. "He thought it was from 13 losses that Freddie Roach had when he was a professional boxer." Freddie Roach and Ali were'nt born with parkinsons, they got it from taking too many hard shots to the head. Even more of a reason why people should be banned from the sport when they put plaster in their wraps. This stuff doesnt just determine the outcome of a fight, it affects fighters long after their boxing careers are over. Garcia's camp is full of dumb asses, I guess this will just add to the many reasons I want to see margarito get ktfo. I hope manny dishes the punishment over a period of several rounds before turning off the lights.

bastardchild
11-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Paquaio is a soldier he'll have no problem whooping Margarito's ass.

Jlude
11-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I love Freddie's confidence and how Manny is so humble and polite. They're a funny pair.

JordanEG6
11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Knock-out within 8. Freddy knows best. I'll be counting on it.

I haven't seen the video, but damn, I'm hoping even more for a major L on Saturday for that camp.

static.b
11-12-2010, 02:21 PM
After reading http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2497/roach_steamed_over_video_poking_fun_at_his_parkinsons/

and watching the video of Margarito's team making fun of Freddie's parkinsons (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DrlrjXHKdw)

I'm even more pumped to see Manny smash Margarito

J.M.
11-13-2010, 01:33 AM
For anyone who wants to check out all 4 episodes of the HBO 24/7 series, here they are:

http://www.watchpacquiao.com/2010/10/hbo-pacquiao-vs-margarito-247-schedule-and-episodes.html

I'm fucking stoked, wooo!

Jlude
11-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by J.M.
For anyone who wants to check out all 4 episodes of the HBO 24/7 series, here they are:

http://www.watchpacquiao.com/2010/10/hbo-pacquiao-vs-margarito-247-schedule-and-episodes.html

I'm fucking stoked, wooo!

Thank You!

I'm stoked too! Hope Manny knocks him out inside 8 rounds like predicted by FR.

J.M.
11-13-2010, 02:39 AM
^ No problem!

Yeah, I'm hoping for the knockout as well so that Pacquaio-FMJ can finally happen once and for all ahaha.

JordanAndrew
11-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Is there any free steaming video for this fight that works?

redevil
11-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Is there any free steaming video for this fight that works?

interested as well!

jsn
11-13-2010, 10:29 PM
watching it on atdhe.net right now

dooman24
11-13-2010, 10:37 PM
what time is it gona start?

jsn
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Right now its Nelly singing. He sounds like shit...
I think it's supposed to start after this.

redsrt4
11-13-2010, 11:12 PM
pacman for sure

redsrt4
11-13-2010, 11:14 PM
margaritos right eye is close now..

dooman24
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM
NOO!!!!
streaming all blocked?

JordanAndrew
11-13-2010, 11:16 PM
so far so good! Finish Margarito!

jsn
11-13-2010, 11:27 PM
the last few rounds have been closer than I expected

JordanAndrew
11-13-2010, 11:47 PM
Pacman wins his 8th belt

Jlude
11-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Can't wait to download and watch this fight!

J.M.
11-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Pacman dominated for sure^

I was expecting Margarito to be more explosive from all the hard work he put into training during the 24/7 series but he obviously couldn't match Pacman's speed and punches as the rounds progressed.

8 belts wooo!!!

Do you guys think this is the last fight for MP? I sure hope the FMJ fight finally happens.

Jlude
11-14-2010, 12:39 AM
If Mayweather doesn't man up soon to fight, Manny will probably retire and focus on his political career.

I say he's got one more fight in him.

Mostwanted
11-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Respect for margarito for not even falling, with MORE then 400 punches in the face alone

chongkee_
11-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Mostwanted
Respect for margarito for not even falling, with MORE then 400 punches in the face alone
:werd: There was a moment where he got stunned but he stayed up. Mad props indeed.

Doubt the FMJ fight is gonna happen. Maybe he'll ask MP for a fight a few years after MP retires. Haha

flipstah
11-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
If Mayweather doesn't man up soon to fight, Manny will probably retire and focus on his political career.

I say he's got one more fight in him.

+1. He doesn't need to prove anything as everyone knows he's one of the best. He also doesn't need the money as he's hella rich already.

If Mayweather doesn't answer the call, Manny just needs to hang the boots up as one of the greatest boxers ever.

Joel_D
11-14-2010, 10:23 AM
We already knew manny possessed great speed and power, we now know he has a great chin. I was momentarily concerned for pacquiao when he was stunned on two occasions from a body shot and an upper cut when his hands were momentarily caught on the ropes. I believe on the 8th round, pacquiao was hit the most ever from a guy 17 pounds heavier then him. Only to shrug it off and unleash a six combination array to margarito's face.

The 24/7 concern about pacquia's conditioning was all drama, to show margarito might have a chance. Pacquiao looked great out there and obviously still loves a good old fashioned brawl. He was fast and accurate and only slowed down in the last 2 rounds, probably cause he pitied looking at margarito's face.

Probably one more fight as well. Obviously mayweather, but other names that have been thrown around is Mosley, marquez, andrea berto. Otherwise, he's pretty much cleaned house and I see no reason for him not to retire, nothing else to prove and only risking chances of long term injury.

static.b
11-14-2010, 11:39 AM
No question the best fighter of his era. What Manny has done in this sport has only been achieved by a handfull of fighters. I put him up there with Ray Leonard, Duran and Ali. And even those fighters struggled in their greatest battles more so than Pacquiao has.

rawsensation
11-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Definitely a good fight to watch, great heart shown by Margarito to stay there for the 12 rounds, but Pacman dominated.

And Manny coming out to ACDC - Thunderstruck :D

CHICHARITZHI
11-14-2010, 03:17 PM
i cheers to manny big time, he's one of a kind..

bastardchild
11-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Fight URL:

http://blip.tv/file/4381281/

JordanEG6
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I love how Margarito said that Pacquiao's lightweight power couldn't phase him.

That just won him a trip to the hospital and a date with a surgeon.

clicky (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/14/1814468/manny-pacquiao-broke-antonio-margaritos-orbital-bone)

Brave but stupid, IMO.

Joel_D
11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Garcia fucked up, he should have stopped the fight at end on the 11th round. It's the corner’s responsibility to throw in the towel, to protect the fighter from himself.

I applaud pacquiao for not going for the TKO, he may not have been able to bring him down, but definitely would have done a lot more damage, and possibly even left margarito blind.

JordanEG6
11-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I saw Pac slowing down and backing off after the 9th round. I even saw him go for the one-two and back off and shrug at the ref and asking him why isn't he stopping it.

Margarito couldn't even see.

It's good that Pac is the kind of fighter that he is and his camp is good people, otherwise it could have ended badly for Margarito.

Jlude
11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
I saw Pac slowing down and backing off after the 9th round. I even saw him go for the one-two and back off and shrug at the ref and asking him why isn't he stopping it.

Margarito couldn't even see.

It's good that Pac is the kind of fighter that he is and his camp is good people, otherwise it could have ended badly for Margarito.

Pac is a class act.