PDA

View Full Version : Just got rear-ended. Driver hit me & ran off

miik0
11-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Hey guys I don't post here much, but I thought I'd share my story of my first ever accident involving another car to you guys especially because my story does involve a previous Beyond thread.

So tonight as I'm coming home from downtown, I'm sitting on the turning lane of Macleod Trail turning into Glenmore East. There were 2 cars ahead of me and I must have been there for no more than 1 minute when suddenly I hear this loud crash sound from behind me and as I hear this, simultaneously i'm thrusted from my chair and towards the steering wheel. Everything on dashboard and below was flung onto the ground. I took a moment to gather myself, I looked in the rear view and sure enough, a car had just rear-ended me. I took a pretty big hit, as my neck was definitly in pain from the whiplash.

I took a moment to curse, got out of my car and was hoping to be able to ask that person what the hell were they doing. But that wasn't the case. Right when I got out, the person put their car in reverse and then proceeded to turn right, then booked it going southbound on Macleod. I just caught the side of the driver's face while the car was leaving and saw that it was a girl with longer dark brown or black hair in a Jeep Cherokee and while the person was leaving, at that split second, Beyond Forum came came to my mind, the hit & run thread where the car was caught on camera by a beyond member while it was taking off.

But however in my situation, I didn't actually use a camera since all I had was my Ipod Touch camera which has terribe resolution anyway. But I did remember to check the license plate which I can thank Beyond Forums for ingraining that into my mind so that it's second nature to me. I was able to catch the quickest glance at the plate and read it out loud xxx-xxx (not sure if i'm allowed to write it).

It was a good thing that it was an easier plate to remember as I literally had half a second to glance at it. So, I wrote it down in my Ipod and was going to deal with it in the morning, but luckily enough, a police cruiser was in the middle of the road tending to another vehicle right by the exit before Glenmore trail (beside Spence Diamonds).

So anyways long story short, I got out of my car and let the officers know that I had just been in a hit and run, gave them the plate number of the driver and they took it from there. Another cruiser was called in to take care of my situation. They worked fast, as apparently, another cruiser was sent to the house of the driver who was most likely drunk coming home from the bar.

I filled out the police report and within an hour I was home on facebook, searching out the name of the driver who had hit me and if I'm correct, the young girl who hit me is into "partying, staying up late and getting wasted." So there's a good chance this could be her, as the picture also matched the discription.

So, it looks like this girl might receive some big punishment her way with the hit & run and driving under the influece being the big ones, and she deserves it as my car might be a write-off now and I've been driving the car that I own for about 8 years now and I love my car as it's the one I learned to drive in. But now it's got some pretty nasty damage to the bumper and the trunk isn't aligned.

Anyways i'm tired now and I'm gonna head off to bed, I'd like to thank CPS for the quick and professional work from their crew, I'd like to thank Beyond Forums for letting me vent and hopefully this will give the girl the opportunity to grow up and change her life as it sounds like she may need it and also thanks for reading this long post, I know it isn't much of a story for something so long, but thanks to those for reading it. I think it's at least a postive to get a potential serial drunken driver off the road.

davidI
11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
One helluva story. Nice work catching the plate!!

razorsuKe
11-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Dude i think I saw you.
I was going northbound macleod and turned right to glenmore east and saw 3 police cruisers.
1 was southbound right at the glenmore west turn
the 2nd was on the left side of the ramp going down merging to glenmore and the 3rd was on the right turn going to spence diamonds.

So many cops there, one of them must have been you!

Around 2:30am?

Unknown303
11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
POST THE PLATE!

Shlade
11-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Shes gonna get fucked by the long dick of the law tonight..

derpderp
11-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Shes gonna get fucked by the long dick of the law tonight..

:rofl: :rofl:

Shitty news OP, hope your neck isn't that messed up and you recover.

403Gemini
11-11-2010, 08:01 AM
She'll get charged with hit and run, but sadly not driving under the influence (which she likely was) since she wasn't caught at the scene. If a person leaves the scene and the cops can't catch them almost IMMEDIATLY, they could/will argue "I came home and got drunk due to the stress of the accident!" Police generally don't even pursue these DUI charges due to this ludicrous loop hole.

Grats on getting the plate, and yes, you can post it here in the future ;)

rage2
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by miik0
I filled out the police report and within an hour I was home on facebook, searching out the name of the driver who had hit me and if I'm correct, the young girl who hit me is into "partying, staying up late and getting wasted." So there's a good chance this could be her, as the picture also matched the discription.
So... was she hot? haha

Kloubek
11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
The fact that incidents on Beyond made you think about jotting the license plate down is great. That one little detail made all the difference in this situation for you. Congrats.

I'm surprised the police gave you the name of the person who hit you - but I think it is super cool you found her on Facebook. Her status could not have been more golden.

Hope you're ok. Usually, whiplash hurts even more the next couple of days.

Tik-Tok
11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I think a facebook link is in order.

SJW
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I think a facebook link is in order.

100% agree. I would like to avoid her at all costs on the road.

G-ZUS
11-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Facebook link......or it didn't happen

403Gemini
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd screenshot her status update :rofl:

Zhariak
11-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Good job on nabbing the plate.

Glad you found out who did it and they are being held responsable.

It's awesome the police were available immediately. This is a good sign, as there's a chance they may have either a) pulled her over on her way home, or b) were actually at her house before she got there, in which case they could find out if she was driving drunk! haha

Hope the neck is doing ok bro!

soccernut
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Pics or GTFO....lol...jk...what have I become?

Good job on getting the licence plate number... Especially in the condition I assume you would have been.

n1zm0
11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by soccernut
Pics or GTFO....lol...jk...what have I become?

Good job on getting the licence plate number... Especially in the condition I assume you would have been.

You've become a beyonder? lol

and +1 GJ on getting the plate, always always #1 priority for me for any accident/incident, second after that is make and model, third if i have the chance the VIN for ultimate CSI

taemo
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
:werd:

even FB profile pic will do

almerick
11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Awesome job! Hope she gets what she deserves.

Hope the neck heals quickly, I know what it feels like and it sucks.

shakalaka
11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Well done catching the stupid chick. You're probably still sleeping but get working on that facebook link, the first thing when you wake up.;)

rage2
11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
If you want your neck to heal properly, spend some time with a physio. It'll get rid of future random neck pains because the muscles don't heal properly.

G-ZUS
11-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by almerick
Awesome job! Hope she gets what she deserves.

Hope the neck heals quickly, I know what it feels like and it sucks.

Mine is still here a year later :(

ExtremeSi
11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Nice. Glad you caugh the plate. People like that are scum

01RedDX
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM

almerick
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Mine is still here a year later :(

Did you ever go see a physio?

That sucks man, you should go see a physio if you haven't, or if you have, see a different one?

TT-fast
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM
if you actually do get whiplash you should claim injury as neck pains can be felt years later and physio definetly helps out.

nothing wrong with claiming injury, honestly i could give a fuck about how much the other persons insurance goes up

Kloubek
11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Their insurance doesn't go up whether you sue or not, as far as I know. I might be wrong...

94boosted
11-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Could catch on the plate :thumbsup:

Your lucky the cops took your word for it.

A buddy of mine was rear ended by some lady. She took off and as the accident wasn't that serious he followed her all the way to her house. He wrote down her plate and went to the police station with all of the info and filled out the report. They told him that there is nothing they can do because there was no other witness's.

Unknown303
11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I demand an update to this situation.

ddduke
11-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I demand an update to this situation.

+1
What ended up happening to her?

Same thing happened to me a few years back and her insurance had to pay for repairs but she didn't get charged for a hit and run.

miik0
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey guys sorry, I was out all day. Funny story, I ran into my brother's friends and one of them happens to be a fellow Beyonder who had just read this thread before he left and asked me if this thread was mine. Haha, small world.

Anyways yeah here's some pics of my car after the hit & run.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/Classic_Sniper/photo2.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj1/Classic_Sniper/photo.jpg

miik0
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I will post pictures of this girl if someone can confirm that I won't get in any legal trouble for doing so. I wouldn't want her to sue me for some kind of "defamation of character" or something like that.

EDIT: Or could she charge me for stealing her picture and plastering it onto Beyond.

Graham_A_M
11-11-2010, 08:13 PM
whoah, is your car a write off?

G-ZUS
11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by almerick

Did you ever go see a physio?

That sucks man, you should go see a physio if you haven't, or if you have, see a different one?

First I was seeing Mike at Lifemark what a quack IMO. I recently switched to Advantage Health

racerjim
11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Ya that car is a write off, whats it worth? maybe $2K to the right guy, and with the rust a body shop wont touch it.

Hope you come out of this with justice served.

revelations
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I will post pictures of this girl if someone can confirm that I won't get in any legal trouble for doing so. I wouldn't want her to sue me for some kind of "defamation of character" or something like that.

EDIT: Or could she charge me for stealing her picture and plastering it onto Beyond.

If the picture is publically available, I dont see there being a problem. You may recall the Banerjee thread where "artistic talent" was added to his pictures from facebook, etc.

As far as legality, your opinions and facts are permitted, insults are not. If anyone else chooses to "slander", then they are responsible.

Kloubek
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Exactly. If everything you've said is true and you are only stating facts, nobody can claim slander.

tom_9109
11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Their insurance doesn't go up whether you sue or not, as far as I know. I might be wrong...

A claim is a claim. If just the cars damaged it counts the same as if both the car and a person are hurt or if just a person is hurt (pedestrian).

miik0
11-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by razorsuKe
Dude i think I saw you.
I was going northbound macleod and turned right to glenmore east and saw 3 police cruisers.
1 was southbound right at the glenmore west turn
the 2nd was on the left side of the ramp going down merging to glenmore and the 3rd was on the right turn going to spence diamonds.

So many cops there, one of them must have been you!

Around 2:30am?

Yeah that was me. I had turned into the sidewalk by Spence Diamonds.

miik0
11-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Still not sure about the pics because it might not even be her. It probably is since she apparently loves partying all the time & getting wasted & she loves Jersey Shore, so I guess she came back from Pauly D at the Whiskey loaded and decided to slam into me after.

InLoveWitRSX
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
yeah post pics of her!

revelations
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
^ post it anyway - let us decide if its her.

Hash_man
11-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Pretty sure this has got to be the same girl I heard about today. She is a friend of a friend, got arrested for drinking and driving and hit and run... I can't see too many of these happening every night, so I would guess this is the same person. :dunno: :rofl:

CUG
11-12-2010, 04:00 AM
Props for getting a plate. That should be the first thing on anyone's mind provided they're not in immediate danger. Little twat.

m10-power
11-13-2010, 09:10 PM
you should be able to slam her in the rear end...

:eek:

syeve
11-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rage2

So... was she hot? haha

hahaa...first thing I though.

Post a facebook page. It is your duty.

Disoblige
11-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
you should be able to slam her in the rear end...

:eek:
and run off.

Skyline_Addict
11-16-2010, 01:02 PM
yuh yuh, post pics and fb profile.

tehwegz
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
poor accord :(

how many kms on it?

even with 300k+ I still see them going for $2k+. the body will probably rust from the inside out first b4 any thing else, horrible rust protection. :thumbsdow

legendboy
11-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
whoah, is your car a write off?

looks like the car was a write off before it got hit! lol

Facebook link!!

lison
11-18-2010, 03:37 PM
It's 90 if not 100% write off.

My corolla was rear ended and the damage was just the trunk pushed in, and it was a write off.....

gg.

p.s. SUE HER ASS.

miik0
11-18-2010, 05:52 PM
So I got an update from the police. She was arrested and charged with hit and run and driving under the influence. They won't tell me the name of her insurance company or policy or even the full police report and told me to go get that from my insurance company...my insurance company is telling me that they won't get that information for me because it'll cost them money...wtf? What is it they want me to do??

Man, dealing with this garbage has severly effected my concentration on school work. I can't even focus on getting my term paper done. Plus on top of it all, I might have to go through a lawyer since she may not have insurance and the max I can get is $3000-$4500 out of all this minus 26%-33% legal fees, plus any other additional fees that the lawyer will access to me on top. :bullshit:

911fever
11-18-2010, 06:23 PM
wow what a nightmare man ^ I pray that it works out for you

G-ZUS
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Shitty deal. Don't lawyer up yet, go through BI do your 21 physio treatments and they should offer you $4500 off the bat for pain and suffering

racerjim
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Shitty deal, if she got nailed with DUI her insurance probably won't do anything. they will cancel it and she has none.

Time to lawyer up and sue her.

lison
11-18-2010, 09:31 PM
It's eiither $4000 or sue them haha.
You decide.

spikerS
11-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
She'll get charged with hit and run, but sadly not driving under the influence (which she likely was) since she wasn't caught at the scene. If a person leaves the scene and the cops can't catch them almost IMMEDIATLY, they could/will argue "I came home and got drunk due to the stress of the accident!" Police generally don't even pursue these DUI charges due to this ludicrous loop hole.

Grats on getting the plate, and yes, you can post it here in the future ;)

She can, and if the officer has grounds to believe they were intoxicated, can lay those charges. When my jeep was hit outside my house, my wife and I managed to get a plate number, and when the cops tracked the kid down he was charged with, hit and run, excessive speed for the conditions, DUI, and 1 other. and also see the update below.

So I got an update from the police. She was arrested and charged with hit and run and driving under the influence. They won't tell me the name of her insurance company or policy or even the full police report and told me to go get that from my insurance company...my insurance company is telling me that they won't get that information for me because it'll cost them money...wtf? What is it they want me to do??

Man, dealing with this garbage has severly effected my concentration on school work. I can't even focus on getting my term paper done. Plus on top of it all, I might have to go through a lawyer since she may not have insurance and the max I can get is $3000-$4500 out of all this minus 26%-33% legal fees, plus any other additional fees that the lawyer will access to me on top. :bullshit:

I will find you the number of the department in the CPS to get the police report. Because you are named in the police report, you are legally entitled to a copy of it. You also will not have to pay for it. If the insurance company requests it from the CPS, they have to pay $30 for it.

I had to go through something very similar to you just before new years last year, and additionally, i got rear ended on August 24th. If you have any questions about this, just let me know, I am getting to know the procedures pretty well.

here are a couple links to my past threads about this.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313614&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/314190/what-should-i-do-regarding-accident/

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249965&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/289628/justice-is-served-for-once-/

miik0
11-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Great, thanks for all the help guys.

Disoblige
11-19-2010, 03:47 AM
So I got an update from the police. She was arrested and charged with hit and run and driving under the influence.
:clap: At least we have that!

Good luck, hope it all works out for you miik0. Can't tell you how much I hate people who hit and run. Tells you so much about that person.

miik0
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM
So I was told by my parents lawyer to head off to the downtown police station and get the incident report. It turns out the girl The girl who hit me is 17 and she didn't have a license to drive. Her 18th birthday is in a few days from now so she's still considered a minor. What do you guys think will happen to her?

FraserB
11-19-2010, 02:26 PM

gmoney82
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
So I was told by my parents lawyer to head off to the downtown police station and get the incident report. It turns out the girl The girl who hit me is 17 and she didn't have a license to drive. Her 18th birthday is in a few days from now so she's still considered a minor. What do you guys think will happen to her?

Unless she stole the car from her parents and her parents reported it stolen, I'm guessing that her parents' insurance policy on the vehicle will kick and they will suffer the increase in premiums until the girl get licensed. :dunno:

Hope things work out for you!

tom_9109
11-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I am assuming that she had permission to drive that vehicle licensed or not. As such the vehicles policy will have to cover your damages under absolute liability. License or no licence that policy has to respond and then if she cannot pass her drivers exam they will have the option to sue and recover from her personally.

spikerS
11-19-2010, 07:54 PM
she will get a fine and all that, and the owner of the car will most likely have the car insured, and it will be that insurance company you will be dealing with.

rage2
11-20-2010, 12:18 PM
It turns out the girl The girl who hit me is 17 and she didn't have a license to drive. Her 18th birthday is in a few days from now so she's still considered a minor. What do you guys think will happen to her?
She's going to go from jailbait to barely legal.

weeznah
11-22-2010, 04:23 PM
so can we get a pic...

miik0
11-22-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't think I can man. She's under 18 too.

pf0sh0
11-22-2010, 09:24 PM

post it in super jailbait thread

Unknown303
11-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Seriously. She has her shit littered all over facebook how can't you post a link to her profile. Don't cover up for this chick just because shes going to take care of your business :poosie: if she's online expose her.

I'm tired of all this white knight shit these days. Bitches play guys that's how it's done. Figure it out now before you get fucked over by one.

taemo
11-23-2010, 03:09 PM

we're asking for name and pics not nudes :rofl:

arian_ma
11-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Hahaha, post the link!!!!!

Disoblige
11-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Wait, even if you are worried, isn't she 18 now? :D

weeznah
11-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Wait, even if you are worried, isn't she 18 now? :D
PERFECT! just a name is good.