PDA

View Full Version : Questions about suspension upgrades

coupesx
11-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I have a 89 240sx coupe with stock suspension (not good), and might be looking to upgrade. I would want something that gives better handling but at the same time isn't extremely uncomfortable.

Can anyone put some suggestions out with specific brands and models? I don't know much about suspension, but I have heard of tein coilovers (as being really good?). Is this the type of suspension I am looking for?

Appreciate your input, thanks.

94boosted
11-11-2010, 01:56 PM
You basically have two options here. Do it right or do it cheap. If your serious about handling the right thing to do would be full coilovers, swaybars, bushings, braces..... however you will be spending well over $1000 assuming you get new parts. The other option would be some springs & struts, relatively cheap and it will improve handling a bit assumuming you get the correct springs/struts.

coupesx
11-13-2010, 11:22 PM
What would be a good spring/strut combo?

BrknFngrs
11-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
You basically have two options here. Do it right or do it cheap. If your serious about handling the right thing to do would be full coilovers, swaybars, bushings, braces..... however you will be spending well over $1000 assuming you get new parts. The other option would be some springs & struts, relatively cheap and it will improve handling a bit assumuming you get the correct springs/struts.

Excluding adjustability, would there really be that much of a difference between a good spring/strut combination and a set of coil overs?

MGCM
11-14-2010, 12:33 AM
a good start would be Koni yellow shocks with some eibach lowering springs or some cannuck lowering springs. You will 100% love the koni yellow struts and the lowering springs will give u that improvement that your looking for. If you have the coin, add some upgraded swaybars and bushing, eibach and suspension techniques make really good kits.

coupesx
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks man, I'll def take a look at that combo.