PDA

View Full Version : Man vs Food

RY213
11-14-2010, 11:33 PM
This show is a guilty pleasure for me, the host is a glutton lol. Anyways it got me thinking, are there any local places that have eating challenges? Any places that could be featured on this show?

V6-BoI
11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RY213
This show is a guilty pleasure for me, the host is a glutton lol. Anyways it got me thinking, are there any local places that have eating challenges? Any places that could be featured on this show?

I remember there was a restaurant called Forbes that had a 6 pound burger like a few years back. Not too sure if that place exists anymore.

MaxxLee
11-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Man Vs Food is an awesome show! I get so hungry when I watch it lol

Impreza
11-15-2010, 12:48 AM
The 72oz Texas steak meal was mind boggling!

msommers
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
The show is interesting, funny yet revolting. I think the only one I liked was the extreme hot pho, fuck I'd be all over that!

dj_rice
11-15-2010, 01:03 AM
There is a place with a steak dinner challenge, not sure on the location but a couple Stampeders have tried and not succeeded

Googling results in Tommy Burger Bar having a 140lb hamburger

cancer man
11-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by msommers
The show is interesting, funny yet revolting. I think the only one I liked was the extreme hot pho, fuck I'd be all over that!

No such pho exists in this city.

n1zm0
11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by cancer man
No such pho exists in this city.

you could make it yourself if you asked them for it, i'm sure the restaurant owners would gladly mash up some chili padi for you so you could mix it in your soup if youre that into it.

its an entertaining show for sures, but this host and Guy Fieri from Diner's drive-ins and dives: idk how they do it, this road to early hospitalization lol, im sure the camera/sound crew get the left overs tho, they eat like 2-3 'american XXL' sized plates of food from each restaurant in one shooting, insane.

bubbley
11-15-2010, 01:56 PM
i love this show also, the guy makes the show!

GOnSHO
11-15-2010, 02:10 PM
i LOVE this show.. im just like WHERE THE FUCK DOES HE PUT IT ALL!!!??

watched marathon one day... made me so hungry

Dumbass17
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
i haven't watched this show
but i enjoy watching shows like The Fattest Loser or Fat Kids and laugh at them while i eat icecream

flipstah
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
i LOVE this show.. im just like WHERE THE FUCK DOES HE PUT IT ALL!!!??

watched marathon one day... made me so hungry

Well he DOES exercises on his shows. In the Atlanta episode, he did crunkin' (not well but it was movement haha) and Hot Yoga for the hottest curry challenge.

On the other hand...

Originally posted by n1zm0

its an entertaining show for sures, but this host and Guy Fieri from Diner's drive-ins and dives: idk how they do it, this road to early hospitalization lol, im sure the camera/sound crew get the left overs tho, they eat like 2-3 'american XXL' sized plates of food from each restaurant in one shooting, insane.

Fuckin' Guy just downs the whole thing and not a taste test. I have a feelin' he's gonna have a heart attack during a take. :(

RY213
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
I read that he usually works out after eating to help with digestion. Can you imagine hopping on a treadmill after eating a 4lb steak!?

Most of the food on the show looks so good, besides the huge quantities. Some of the sandwiches look amazing :drool:

jaysas_63
11-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RY213
I read that he usually works out after eating to help with digestion. Can you imagine hopping on a treadmill after eating a 4lb steak!?

The strategy he, and 16 yr old girls use for digestion:

http://besttoothbrushs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Toothbrush.jpg

:rofl:

98type_r
11-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

I remember there was a restaurant called Forbes that had a 6 pound burger like a few years back. Not too sure if that place exists anymore.

They packed it in a few years ago, I know of a few people that tried the 6lb burger challenge, all failed miserable.