PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter question

yeahyeah
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Some of you guys probably have the same system as me so maybe you can help.

Bought this car earlier this year, not familiar with the remote starter aspect of it, it's the Compustar 1WFM4R, has a little white keyfob and a 2 way one as well.

From what I've read in the manual I just pop it in neutral, yank the e-brake and release the foot brake then take my keys out and leave the car running and it will turn off after 2 mins and lock my doors and be good to go to for the remote start.

My car is boosted and has the turbo option enabled currently for the cooldown period, do I have to disable that to have the remote start portion work?

Manual if anyone wants to click for reference - http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/usermanuals/old1way/1WFM4R_manualE_F.pdf

thanks

talonboi
11-16-2010, 01:01 PM
you dont need to disable the Turbo feature. after turning ignition off, the car should still be running, close the dorr then the turbo feature will take over, just hit the lock button on thr remote and walk away.:thumbsup:

yeahyeah
11-16-2010, 01:37 PM
aye got 'er going on my lunch break, have to use the 2 way remote I guess? no biggy, no more cold morning car ftw!