PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that can weld?

93VR6
11-16-2010, 12:51 PM
So I picked up a 89 190e with an open rear diff, I have winter tires and still can't get up some hills in this city so while I look for an lsd I was hoping to find someone who can weld up the diff for me, thanks.

ericchoweg
11-16-2010, 01:12 PM
you know a welded diff will make it really shitty to drive on dry roads right and parking will be a bitch

93VR6
11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by ericchoweg
you know a welded diff will make it really shitty to drive on dry roads right and parking will be a bitch

thanks for the free bump and yes I know what a welded diff will do to dry and to some extent wet drivability.

LSD's are kinda hard to come by for my car so I'm gonna give this a go until I find one, it's not my only car anyways so no big deal.

Revhard
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6

thanks for the free bump and yes I know what a welded diff will do to dry and to some extent wet drivability.

LSD's are kinda hard to come by for my car so I'm gonna give this a go until I find one, it's not my only car anyways so no big deal.

I wouldn't do it for anything but a swamp rat or bogger, but that's just me. If it's tough to get lsd, ask Stevo27 on here to do it. He's got time I'm pretty sure if he's bored enough to paint his helmet.
He's almost a journeyman, so better him than a guy with no training.
Just make sure it's real clean, and about 200 degrees F.
I will tell you one thing, it will be a blast to drive after!!!