PDA

View Full Version : Adult Hockey School

chathamf
11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I had been to a website last year where they were offering a hockey school for complete beginner adults.

I think it was about 500 bucks, you signed up, got so many lessons, then played a few games in a shortened season. After that you kept the team of beginners together and played in a rec league.

I can't find the website anymore, anyone heard of this?

GREENBOY
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
From that info I'm guessing it's the NCHL.

88CRX
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Yea the NCHL run programs similar to what you're describing. Check their website (nchl.com) and give them a call.

shadowz
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
You could also check out www.tuckerhockey.com

sexualbanana
11-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
You could also check out www.tuckerhockey.com

Tucker Hockey's pretty good. They don't do the season thing or anything like you described. Everyone's already said it's the NCHL.

pdm111
11-16-2010, 09:58 PM
there's also hockey north america (hna.com)

Team_Mclaren
11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Tucker Hockey's pretty good. They don't do the season thing or anything like you described. Everyone's already said it's the NCHL.

I havent heard anything good aboutthe NCHL camp
Every "new" team in the nchl gets raped anyways in their lowest division. I dont exactly know what they teach you, but it was obvious that it doesnt really work....

chathamf
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I havent heard anything good aboutthe NCHL camp
Every "new" team in the nchl gets raped anyways in their lowest division. I dont exactly know what they teach you, but it was obvious that it doesnt really work....

I don't know how you can say it doesn't work. Obviously the new team is going to get raped, they have the least experience of anyone else. You have to realize the people involved have little to no experience playing hockey at all, and they teach them the fundamentals.

Team_Mclaren
11-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by chathamf

I don't know how you can say it doesn't work. Obviously the new team is going to get raped, they have the least experience of anyone else. You have to realize the people involved have little to no experience playing hockey at all, and they teach them the fundamentals.

well, teaching positioning and puck handling wont work till you actually know how to skate....