PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Lein Search/Car Proof on a JDM Car?

mikey_p
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Looking into purchasing a car that was imported to Canada through JDMsource. The car was sold and I will be the 2nd owner in Canada since it came here. Can I or How Do I protect myself from leins and do a car proof? the vin# is not a standard 17 chracter vin. Though you guys might know....

ercchry
11-16-2010, 03:39 PM
car proof will do shit all for you, liens can be checked at the registry... but i doubt anyone would ever take a 15 year old import as collateral for anything :rofl:

Skrilla
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
car proof will do shit all for you, liens can be checked at the registry... but i doubt anyone would ever take a 15 year old import as collateral for anything :rofl:

You wouldn't believe what they take as collateral actually...

gretz
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mikey_p
Looking into purchasing a car that was imported to Canada through JDMsource. The car was sold and I will be the 2nd owner in Canada since it came here. Can I or How Do I protect myself from leins and do a car proof? the vin# is not a standard 17 chracter vin. Though you guys might know....

You can ask the owner of the car :dunno:

Just get as much info. from them as you can... On the bill of sale, make sure it is noted by the seller that there are no liens existing on the car - this covers your ass in case of a lien

mikey_p
11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Alright thanks... figured i'd make sure... scammers are plenty!

Shlade
11-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Watcha gettin?