PDA

View Full Version : Confused with Compustar

Ajay
01-03-2004, 11:06 PM
So as all of you know it's really really really really really really really cold in Calgary.

I have the Compustar installed in my car and I figured while I was at work I would start my car with my remote. Turns out it didn't want to start. It chirped three times indicating something was wrong and then the head and tail lights flashed once. I know when they flash seven times that means it's not in reservation mode. I came home and looked in the manual and apparently when the lights flash once it means the engine is on.

This is happening when the car is completely turned off so there's no way the engine is on when I'm trying to remote start it. It worked once while I was at work before I went for lunch but then I ran into this issue for the rest of the day.

Any suggestions as to why it's doing this?

That.Guy.S30
01-04-2004, 12:17 AM
i have had 2 compustars.. and this has happened to me several times on both vehicles.. i beleive sometimes it is too cold to start.. usually the compustar will only turn over once to start the car which is sometimes not enough when it is freezing cold and the car is not plugged in.. this is only my guess tho

davidI
01-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I would agree with that! I don't have a compustar but I just started my car and I needed to give it a little gas to turn over on the first turn. Can't you program it to run every hour or two though?

That.Guy.S30
01-04-2004, 01:24 AM
yea you can but the thing is it charges extra dough and you waste gas.. might as well just get a battery warmer and save money

davidI
01-04-2004, 01:32 AM
what charges extra dough?

Ajay
01-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Yah I don't understand what would charge extra dough either?

I understand running my car on a timer would cause it to waste a shitload of gas but that's fine.....as long as it starts up when I need it to I'm down with that.

On a side note.....my car now starts again with no issues via the remote. I put it in timer mode and tried to see if it would start. It didn't again so I took it off timer mode and it gave me the flashes indicating that it wasn't in reservation mode. Went outside and put it back in reservation mode and it started up no problems with the remote when I went back in.

Just started it right now and it turned over no problems. I love that thing! Whoever invented remote starters is a GENIUS!

That.Guy.S30
01-04-2004, 12:41 PM
wouldnt gettin the timer(starting up every couple of hours) have to be installed/programed in a shop? i dont know i was guessing cuase those installers charge for every screw i swear!

your car should start since its warmer now! after yesterday morning my car starts without no problems.. note you might wanna check your battery, starter or alternator if the problem continues..

Ajay
01-04-2004, 03:43 PM
I had the timer function installed when I got my Compustar.

I pretty much have it all except for the power door locks because well...I don't have power door locks in my car.