PDA

View Full Version : Review: Haru Sushi Bar (69th st and 17th ave)

asp integra
11-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I went to Haru Sushi Bar the other day with my gf as we could not get in to Misato right away which is our go to sushi place and my favorite sushi in calgary. Haru is just west of Westside Rec center.

Food:
Just ordered a few basic rolls as we were not super hungry. Chose california rolls, vegetable tempura rolls, dynamite and spicy tuna rolls.

The food came quite quickly and was good. What i didnt like was that the rice seemed a little soggy for my taste and they gave only a little wasabi per plate of rolls. I would give the rolls a 6.5/10, good, but not Misato good.

Service:
They sat us quickly and were pretty good at first, after our food came they didnt come and check in for a while. Me and my gf each ordered green tea and they only brought us one small cup each where as at Misato they bring a good size tea pot for the same price. I also asked for water on 2 seperate occasions and none ever came. When we were done we sat there with the empty plates for a good 10 minutes before anyone cleared the dishes. Also there seemed to be 2 or 3 servers standing around doing nothing the entire time we were there.
i give the service a 5.5/10

Atmosphere:
i really liked the layout and the feel of Haru. There was cool decor and it felt very fresh and new, a very good vibe at this place. I give the atmosphere 8/10

Overall I cant see myself going back, especially when Misato is just down 17th, you just have to make a reservation at peak hours. I feel Haru could be a good sushi place but they have a long way to go to reach that level.

black_2.5RS
12-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I have to agree. Haru seemed very average. Misato is definitely my sushi joint of choice in that area.