PDA

View Full Version : Distraction law . Who will be the first !

blueToy
11-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Although this new law just got passed a few days ago and it wouldn't fully go into effect until the spring , it's never too early to start a new game about who will be the first Beyonder to get a ticket , and who will be the first Beyonder to post a thread and whine like a little girl trying to find a way to get out of said ticket .

Feel free to nominate your favorite poster or even throw your own name into pot . We could even do it like the game Clue ( any of you actually play a game with real people ? ) .

Example :

Mr.Iheartdrifting ..... caught texting ..... on Beddington Trail

or

MissStinkyFinger .... cell phone .... Deerfoot

You get the idea .....

Maybe we could get a collection together and have a prize !

Anyhow .... I'm sure this site will get busy once the law puts the hammer down ( so to speak ) . We all know the drill . Cops are bad , and we're all innocent little gems with fifty years of driving skills yada-yada-yada . Let the games begin .

shakalaka
11-18-2010, 01:12 PM
blueToy.....distracting others by being a douche canoe.....all over calgary roads.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Probably me, electronic boost controller, power fc, digital
engine monitor....i'm going down

Tomaz
11-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Some cute blond collage student - texting - Mount Royal Gate

or

Me - Spilled hot beverage on penis - Deerfoot

blueToy
11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
blueToy.....distracting others by being a douche canoe.....all over calgary roads.:thumbsup:

Awww .... You're no fun . I can't possibly be distracting unless you drive while you read this thread .

shakalaka
11-18-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by blueToy

Awww .... You're no fun . I can't possibly be distracting unless you drive while you read this thread .

lol in that case, probably me. :angel:

texasnick
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Probably me, electronic boost controller, power fc, digital
engine monitor....i'm going down

I never really thought about the electronic "goodies" some of us have. You think a cop can nab someone for changing a channel on an EBC?

My guess is that the first ticket complained about on beyond will be someone claiming they were just looking at their phone for a second but crossed 3 lanes of traffic doing so. How do I fight it?

M.alex
11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Does jerking off while driving count as distracted? :dunno:

A friend wants to know :nut:

Tomaz
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Does jerking off while driving count as distracted? :dunno:

A friend wants to know :nut:

depends. do they get off? or are they just playing with themselves?

frizzlefry
11-18-2010, 03:21 PM
They can give tickets to people who have radar detectors now. "But officer, they are legal in Alberta"...."Touching them isn't". :nut:

DayGlow
11-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Non-Linear ( or whatever he goes by now ) ..... Wendy's burger..... Crowchild.

Scuderia
11-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
Non-Linear ( or whatever he goes by now ) ..... Wendy's burger..... Crowchild.

:rofl:

AWD-tsi... trying to figure out if that street is one way or not... on god knows what street

Feruk
11-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Scuderia

:rofl:

AWD-tsi... trying to figure out if that street is one way or not... on god knows what street

:rofl: :rofl:

viff3r
11-18-2010, 06:40 PM
copynpaste.... scraping the inside of his windshield... Deerfoot @ 110km/h

derpderp
11-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Some cute blond collage student - texting - Mount Royal Gate

Whoa, what kind of school has you do nothing but make collages? Education these days.

LadyLuck
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Me - eating a big mac...

derpderp
11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I have decided it is going to be banned3x, because obviously the police have tracking devices on him, hate him and like to bother him, so basically they are going to give him a distracted driving ticket for shifting his transmission.

spikerS
11-18-2010, 07:53 PM
i am guessing scat - on beddington or country hills, speeding while talking on his cell phone, and trying to tell the cop wuznme

ericchoweg
11-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
I have decided it is going to be banned3x, because obviously the police have tracking devices on him, hate him and like to bother him, so basically they are going to give him a distracted driving ticket for shifting his transmission.

or trying to read jw brochures lol

A790
11-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Me.

Work phone + personal phone + both constantly going off. I don't txt and drive, but I do fiddle with one phone (GPS on it) a lot when I'm driving.

garnet
11-18-2010, 11:08 PM
me - for being the only vehicle within sight, stopped at the lights, being distracted by the red light, waiting for it to turn green! :rolleyes:

IMO is another "subjective" traffic law