PDA

View Full Version : Excessive noise bylaw

M.alex
11-18-2010, 02:28 PM
You may want to take 2 seconds to fill out the City's silly survey ... apparently they're goign to be basing the next actions based on the results of it and their open houses :rolleyes:

www.calgary.ca/animalservices

http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_395_203_0_47/http%3B/content.calgary.ca/CCA/City+Hall/Business+Units/Animal+and+Bylaw+Services/Bylaw+Services/Excessive+Vehicle+Noise/Excessive+Vehicle+Noise+Survey/Excessive+Vehicle+Noise+Survey.htm

gretz
11-18-2010, 02:34 PM
lol... "Does it impact your quality of life"... WTF is wrong with people?

ercchry
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
done... i told them to stop wasting my tax dollars on this useless shit and tackle real issues like snow removal haha

LOLzilla
11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Done. Told them to focus on imports and loud bikes.

TTYL

Sil80_D
11-18-2010, 02:48 PM
^Done. Told them to focus on Domestics and trucks.

:drama:

whiskas
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Done. Told them to focus on all the stupid fucks who have shitty exhausts.

Aleks
11-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Done. Told them to focus on all the stupid fucks who have shitty exhausts.

Same here, chose slightly different wording tho :werd:

94boosted
11-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by LOLzilla

TTYL

:werd:

Done. Basically if we could enforce it on 3 particular vehicles life would be better:

1. Harley Davidson Bikes w/ aftermarket open exhausts
2.Stupid jacked up red neck Dodge Ram Diesel Trucks w/ 6" exhausts
3. Honda Civic's w/ Popcorn Making Exhausts

Shlade
11-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Sil80_D
^Done. Told them to focus on Domestics and trucks.

:drama:

While I agree with you about some things you cant just go ahead and ticket domestics like my car and ignore civics who are louder than me. I dont know how to comment on the trucks tho since Ive never really had a problem with them.

This bylaw should be left alone, Another worthless money grab if you ask me. The only thing they should be signaling out is idiots on their harleys and sports bikes.

I have NO problems in my community with loud trucks or loud cars. The only issue I constantly have is Harleys and 600`s blasting around the community. Fuck this city is full of Nazi`s

Shlade
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

:werd:

Done. Basically if we could enforce it on 3 particular vehicles life would be better:

1. Harley Davidson Bikes w/ aftermarket open exhausts
2.Stupid jacked up red neck Dodge Ram Diesel Trucks w/ 6" exhausts
3. Honda Civic's w/ Popcorn Making Exhausts

I fully FULLY agree with this.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2010, 04:21 PM

Sil80_D
11-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

While I agree with you about some things you cant just go ahead and ticket domestics like my car and ignore civics who are louder than me. I dont know how to comment on the trucks tho since Ive never really had a problem with them.

This bylaw should be left alone, Another worthless money grab if you ask me. The only thing they should be signaling out is idiots on their harleys and sports bikes.

I have NO problems in my community with loud trucks or loud cars. The only issue I constantly have is Harleys and 600`s blasting around the community. Fuck this city is full of Nazi`s

I totally agree with you shlade lol, i was just opposing my previous poster on his comment. It's not fair game to say imports only and whatnot. And no, i did not ACTUALLY say those things haha. I love muscle and imports, dude.
I don't particularily have an issue with loud cars... there's this dude on my street with a loud EF civic and it never wakes me up... (he works nightshifts)
The only thing that's actually annoying are the harleys... the way their exhausts pop makes my ears bleed

Dunno bout your nazi comment though lol...

TT-fast
11-18-2010, 09:45 PM
done. just said leave it alone and if they decide to pass this then they need to include commercial vehicles

Shlade
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Sil80_D

I totally agree with you shlade lol, i was just opposing my previous poster on his comment. It's not fair game to say imports only and whatnot. And no, i did not ACTUALLY say those things haha. I love muscle and imports, dude.
I don't particularily have an issue with loud cars... there's this dude on my street with a loud EF civic and it never wakes me up... (he works nightshifts)
The only thing that's actually annoying are the harleys... the way their exhausts pop makes my ears bleed

Dunno bout your nazi comment though lol...

Fair enough haha I actually just read buddys comment up top of yours!

Harleys make my blood boil.

slinkie
11-19-2010, 12:51 AM
does it really affect you if some guy has a loud exhaust on his civic?

remember these are YOUR tax dollars at work here...which could be going to any multitude of other projects :facepalm: :whocares:

CapnCrunch
11-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by LOLzilla

TTYL

+1.

CapnCrunch
11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by slinkie

remember these are YOUR tax dollars at work here...which could be going to any multitude of other projects :facepalm: :whocares:

Ticketing ricers in Civics will be much more lucrative.

Abeo
11-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by slinkie

When I lived near centre st, yeah, it sure did affect me... loud exhausts would wake me up at night and rattle my windows. If I was awake, I didn't care... but it take a lot of noise to wake me up at night.

What I put in the survey:

The city should regulate noise if the operator is intentionally making it loud. Examples of this are diesel pickup trucks with loud aftermarket exhausts, harley motorcycles with straight pipes, "race" mufflers on import cars, etc. However, some noises carry further than others due to pitch, which may not be apparent from just looking at a dB reading. I believe aftermarket exhausts themselves are not the problem, rather the person operating the vehicle in an obnoxious way.

arian_ma
11-19-2010, 10:23 AM
I think the only people who really truly affect my life in a negative way are the Harely riders. I mean, sure, people with loud exhausts annoy me, but it's never loud enough for me to care even 30 seconds after the fact.

Harely's on the other hand....I would love to forget that they destroyed my ear drum 30 seconds after they roll by, but for some reason my ears won't stop ringing...

:banghead:

uptown.
11-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
I think the only people who really truly affect my life in a negative way are the Harely riders. I mean, sure, people with loud exhausts annoy me, but it's never loud enough for me to care even 30 seconds after the fact.

Harely's on the other hand....I would love to forget that they destroyed my ear drum 30 seconds after they roll by, but for some reason my ears won't stop ringing...

:banghead:

i heard that harley had their exhaust note patented :dunno:

483hp
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
What about the noise from the airliners? How many times per day does that happen?

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 483hp
What about the obnoxiously loud sucking noises that emanate from banned3x's posts? How many times per day does that happen?

Fixed. :)

Shlade
11-19-2010, 10:50 AM
^^^

:rofl: :rofl:

TOO MUCH!

94boosted
11-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Abeo

When I lived near centre st, yeah, it sure did affect me... loud exhausts would wake me up at night and rattle my windows. If I was awake, I didn't care... but it take a lot of noise to wake me up at night.
[/i]

I totally agree with you I used to live on 4th ave SW and it was a trade off during summers windows open to keep me cool and a retard on his harley every fifteen minutes or close the windows and melt.

Zewind
11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
a.) when noise from individual vehctscles has an impact on your life.

City of Calgary must use IE, no spell check on it :rofl:

Originally posted by 94boosted

I totally agree with you I used to live on 4th ave SW and it was a trade off during summers windows open to keep me cool and a retard on his harley every fifteen minutes or close the windows and melt.

I currently live near the Rusty Cage on 17th. So i totally understand this trade off. I cant wait to move :banghead: