PDA

View Full Version : My war with the parking tickets...

Chantelle
01-04-2004, 04:16 AM
They just won't stop phoning me!!! :nut:

Anyhow, I got ten parking tickets in the matter of one month in the underground parking of my apartment building-- after avoiding payment I have ended up with a $1200 bill due to all the ridiculous interest that has been added. I got to college full-time so there is no way they can squeeze $1200 out of me and now I'm just wondering what the hell I can do to get my ass out of this mess. Maybe I should befriend some law students...

Here is the question...

This is a private parking company (Diamond Parking)

They keep threatening to take me to court/ are they just bluffing or will they actually do it?

Will it screw up my credit?

Are there any loop-holes? So far I've gotten one- if I change my license plates they can't tow my car, so I changed my plates and they haven't taken it yet.

I live downtown Vancouver and these dps people have parking lots everywhere, I HATE THEM!!!

:drama:

Weapon_R
01-04-2004, 05:19 AM
For 1200 dollars, they will screw your credit AND take you to court.

sxtasy
01-04-2004, 05:28 AM
I had impark calling me for a ticket, my girlfriend told them I passed away. They stopped calling

Speed_Dreams
01-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Impark gave me a Ticket but they put the make of my Vehical as "Honda" because i have a honda badge on my Teg. Good thing my Ragistration says "Acura":thumbsup:

girlRACER
01-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
I had impark calling me for a ticket, my girlfriend told them I passed away. They stopped calling

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They actually fell for it? I guess it would kinda be rude to ask for the death certificate :D

googe
01-04-2004, 12:04 PM
They cant do anything. Search for the previous thread on this. The most they can do is sue you for the amount it would have cost to park there those times (NOT the inflated $1200) and they cant touch your credit. They actually got fined heavily for telling people they would ruin their credit rating, cause they cant.

Credit reports have recently got alot more protection, no one can touch or look at your credit info unless you sign something saying they can access it, and they need your SIN.

SwitchBlade
01-04-2004, 01:58 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xkon
01-04-2004, 02:20 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i went and got a new plate, told impark the car had been parked at home for months but the plate had been stolen -- they left me alone after that

OPGForce
01-04-2004, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
01-17-2004, 02:59 AM
I don't know man, ever think about running for the border and never looking back?

I can relate to you to, I've had 3 parking tickets, they are such jackasses. Sometimes I want to run up to their fricken "Parking Patrol Sunfires and Cavaliers" and light the damn things on fire.

Bitchass authorities.

hockeybronx
01-17-2004, 03:01 AM

Ah that's funny as hell, that's just what I needed. Yes deaths to loved ones is always a good way out of trouble:devil:

rogue
01-17-2004, 10:45 AM
impark is the worst bunch off asses. They called me repeatedly after i got one ticket (the freaking meter took my money but didnt validate i guess) and i told them the situation so they fixed the meter. Then they call back a month later and want me to pay for the ticket so i told them there was no way i was gonna pay so they might as well save their breath, time,and energy and they never called back.:eek: