PDA

View Full Version : where is plug in for a mazda 3?

shtock99
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey guys so my gf has a mazda 3 and we want to plug it in but I can't find the cord. I searched google couldn't find anything anybody with a mazda 3 know where it is located?

thanks Cory

Proboscis
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Check the lower grille in the middle for the cord. It could be laying over the "lower middle splash shield"

dj_rice
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
First question. Is there even a block heater installed?If your having trouble finding your plugin, I would say no

shtock99
11-20-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah im gonna say no block heater. I kind of just assumed since we live in Canada that all cars come with one haha.

So does anyone lknow the cost of getting one installed?

dj_rice
11-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by shtock99
yeah im gonna say no block heater. I kind of just assumed since we live in Canada that all cars come with one haha.

So does anyone lknow the cost of getting one installed?

I would go to Mazda and get OEM Block Heater and the cord. And bring it to a mom/pop shop to get it installed or Canadian Tire.

Parts should run you $50-100 for both I think. Install depending on where you have to screw it in should take an hour. So maybe $300 all said and done or cheaper.

CivicDXR
11-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Frost plug for the mazda 3 is under the exhaust manifold on the driver's side. You need to remove the entire upper exhaust manifold to install the block heater plug.

Alak
11-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I think he would have one, its rare to find one without. It could be the cord is tucked away somewhere, or it doesnt have a cord at all (but still has the heating element). I'd look where CivicDXR said and see if you can see anything. Then just follow the cord provided there is one.

speedog
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Amazingly enough, many vehicles sold in Kelowna or in the B.C.'s lower mainland may not be equipped with block heaters. My in-laws had to have one installed in their truck when they moved out here from Kelowna.

Guillermo
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
i had one installed at North Hill Mazda for under $300. I have the invoice at home and can give you the exact price if you want. Or, you could just call them and ask.

Alak
11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Amazingly enough, many vehicles sold in Kelowna or in the B.C.'s lower mainland may not be equipped with block heaters. My in-laws had to have one installed in their truck when they moved out here from Kelowna.

Absolutely true, my Honda is from Vancouver and it has no block heater. I just remembered that.

JZS_147
11-20-2010, 06:38 PM
why do you need a block heater?

dj_rice
11-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

Why do you buy JDM cars?

Muji
11-20-2010, 06:49 PM
My Honda has an optional block heater and floor mats (only Honda fits properly). I was shocked to see a $300 "option" on a block heater, paid it of course. What can one do with an ice cold gun to your head. They gave me free air in the tires so I cannot really complain too much.

Have a good look for the plug cord, most have a cap on the end to protect from the elements. If she has the original sales sheet, the optional block heater will/will not be listed.

Stick with an original Mazda part, why take chances? The Mazda dealer might be close in price for labour compared to a Canadian Tire, etc install. I know for many things on my cars the dealer is about the same in price and I can avoid the trust issues CT, WM, etc do tend to set-off. If you can find a trusted aftermarket garage all the better, wish I could find one in my area.

Guillermo
11-20-2010, 06:50 PM
AFAIK the mazda OEM is a freeze plug heater, whereas if you go aftermarket, it's gonna be a shitty rad hose one (they only heat the coolant and not the block).

Xtrema
11-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by JZS_147

Not everyone can get their cars indoor overnight.

shtock99
11-21-2010, 02:35 AM
Ill take a nice hard look tomorrow in the places mentioned if no luck ill take it to the dealer. Thanks for all the help guys!!

RY213
11-21-2010, 12:36 PM
My friend has a 2010 Mazda 3 that was bought in Ontario, and it didnt have a block heater installed.

derpderp
11-21-2010, 01:45 PM
My Volvo doesn't have one, I don't understand how a cold ass nation like Sweden could not just make it standard. :cry:

I figure dealerships over charge big time on those things when you buy a car new, so they like to leave them as an option.