PDA

View Full Version : New Dre single officially released

Guillermo
11-20-2010, 11:33 PM
http://www.drdre.com/kush/Revealed.aspx

what do you guys think? i'm only on my first listen right now, but man, the production on this is pretty intense. it's going to take me a few listens just to take in the production.

looking forward to detox in february!

Guillermo
11-20-2010, 11:48 PM
second listen, man, talk about epic production.

beecue
11-20-2010, 11:52 PM
:thumbsup: It's on repeat, thanks.

Guillermo
11-20-2010, 11:54 PM
was reading on wiki, apparently another Dre feat. Eminem song leaked, called "Need a Doctor." It isn't known if this song is from Detox or if it's just some random track, but anyhow, streaming here: http://www.directlyrics.com/eminem-ft-dr-dre--i-need-a-doctor-new-song-news.html

EDIT: listening to this, i really hope this isn't from detox. it reminds me too much of Recovery, which I think is a terrible album production-wise.

EDIT: this song is miles from Kush, in terms of production. i couldn't see these tracks being on the same album, especially after hearing the working copy of Under Pressure, which sounded a lot more like Kush.

beecue
11-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I heard like a week ago that any of the previous leaked tracked aren't going to be on the album.

Guillermo
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
ahh, so under pressure won't be on there then? too bad, i thought those were some DOPE beats.

RY213
11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Beat is cool, but dres flow is terrible. Akon is fucking terrible, too bad Nate Dogg had a stroke because his presence would improve this song 10x. Snoop is Snoop. A 45+ yo man still talking about smoking weed is pretty lame imo, Dre should just stay retired. All in all this song is better than I thought it would be, im sure everybody is gonna jock it since its Dre. Id give it a 7/10...

Guillermo
11-21-2010, 06:57 PM
^^yea i agree that the rapping pretty much sucks. the production is quite outstanding though, even if it does sound like corporate pop. well done.

RY213
11-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by beecue
I heard like a week ago that any of the previous leaked tracked aren't going to be on the album.

Thats a good thing, the last track that leaked was so bad it hurt my ears...

LongCity
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RY213
Beat is cool, but dres flow is terrible. Akon is fucking terrible, too bad Nate Dogg had a stroke because his presence would improve this song 10x. Snoop is Snoop. A 45+ yo man still talking about smoking weed is pretty lame imo, Dre should just stay retired. All in all this song is better than I thought it would be, im sure everybody is gonna jock it since its Dre. Id give it a 7/10...

Pretty much my sentiments. Been done with Snoop for a while now - not a versatile rapper at all. Only listened to one new Dre song lately; I Need a Doctor. I just listen to Em's part and stop after that. Dre's verse in that is bad and boring. His on and off flirting with his new album has also turned me off from him. Shit gets annoying.

RY213
11-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

Pretty much my sentiments. Been done with Snoop for a while now - not a versatile rapper at all.

I still think Snoop is cool. You cant really compare his music now to his Doggystyle days. Ego Trippin was a really dope and slept on album. It was full of mature cuts for grown folks. Plus you cant go wrong when DJ Quik is involved in the production. Quik > Dre, no contest...

Guillermo
11-21-2010, 11:00 PM
however, dre rapping on eminem's last couple of albums isn't bad, so i'm still holding out hope. that one track "old time's sake" or whatever on relapse is pretty good.

Awd-Tsi
11-22-2010, 08:05 AM
It's still dre day

Mar
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Super pumped that Dre's doing Detox and The Game is back with Aftermath again. Hopefully we see the R.E.D. album soon.

8eHMraeOw-E

D'z Nutz
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Wow, not only is Eminem ghostwriting for Dre, but he's also ghostdressing for him too :rofl: