PDA

View Full Version : whistling noise??

2.2vtec
01-04-2004, 03:21 PM
I just got my intake manifold cleaned yesterday and it seems like I can really hear my intake making a whistling noise when I step on the throttle. It was never this load kinda like a sucking noise. I know that an intake sucks air but I never noticed it before. Is this normal????? honda prelude srv

GTS Jeff
01-04-2004, 03:28 PM
cais have been known to make a whistling noise, but all the same, u should check to see if u have any other places where air is leaking. any issues with the idle?

2.2vtec
01-04-2004, 03:32 PM
idle seems to be fine....sometimes it is a little shaky, but i'll check for anything leaking air.

jeep_sahara
01-04-2004, 04:24 PM
u may be used to it being cloged and dirty sound, but when u cleaned it out the gunk and grim is gone letting more air in. may just be cause it is clean

rice_eater
01-04-2004, 11:47 PM
crouching honda, hidden turbo??????

did you remove the manifold when you cleaned it? a lose bolt would do it...also are you sure that it's not coming from the injectors? i know it sounds silly but when one of my o-rings wore out i could here a woosh coming from it and at first it sounds like its coming from the intake. all i can think of :)

Zero102
01-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Quit your damn whistling and turn on the radio!

Sorry, that terrible joke aside, it sounds like a vacuum leak to me, although it could be air flow through the intake, but that should be a really muffled sound.