PDA

View Full Version : MRC students please help

ryder_23
01-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi, i'd like to drop one of my courses online before monday, when i do so, how are the funds refunded? refunded to visa which it was paid on? or do i have to go in? Credited? thanks

buh_buh
01-04-2004, 05:07 PM
yes, if you drop your courses before the 15th or something you get a full refund.

ryder_23
01-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks buh_buh...do u know if it goes to credit card or what?

roopi
01-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Not sure about MRC exactly but at U of L when you dropped a course the money was just refunded to your student account. Then you could goto the Cash Office and request the cash back.

I imagine it is similar at most schools.

ExtremeSi
01-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Not sure about MRC exactly but at U of L when you dropped a course the money was just refunded to your student account. Then you could goto the Cash Office and request the cash back.

I imagine it is similar at most schools.

Ya I'm almost sure thats how it works when I did it last year at MRC. You have to go in to the cash office to recieve your refund.

redevil
01-04-2004, 06:35 PM
They are going to refund the money on the last day when people can add/drop classes. I think it is on Jan 16 some time? I dropped one class and called them about it.

jeep_sahara
01-04-2004, 07:17 PM
When i droped a class i had a credit to my next semester But there would have to be a way to get the put back into your pocket if you did not want to leave it as a credit. What r u taking at MRC?

ryder_23
01-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Right now just general studies...English, social sciences( to make up for social 30 in high school), economics, and intro to coaching.

So if i refund it, i can get it back by say january 16th, or have a credit to mount royal?

INITIALD
01-04-2004, 08:14 PM
If you paid with visa it will go back to your visa, i dropped a class online last semester and got the money back on the visa.

ryder_23
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
K, i'll drop the course, and check to make sure it goes on visa in a few days. Thanks. Worst comes to worst, i go in and get them to give me my money i guess. :thumbsup:

jeep_sahara
01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
good to hear! see you around.

SI-vic
01-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Right now just general studies...English, social sciences( to make up for social 30 in high school), economics, and intro to coaching.

So if i refund it, i can get it back by say january 16th, or have a credit to mount royal?

What English are you in?
2201?

buh_buh
01-06-2004, 03:25 PM
English 2201 is a joke.
I did all my assignments the night before they were due and pulled off an A- in the class.

SI-vic
01-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
English 2201 is a joke.
I did all my assignments the night before they were due and pulled off an A- in the class.

really?
k thats good to hear, I heard from a friend that the class is pretty hard.
hahaha either its he's not very smart OR you're just a genius.

buh_buh
01-06-2004, 04:23 PM
haha i am DEFINATLEY not a genius.
It all depends on which prof you get.

ramminghard
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
English 2201 is a joke.

Is that a junior english course?

If not then what is. i am in 2210 and want to switch to another

SI-vic
01-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard

Is that a junior english course?

If not then what is. i am in 2210 and want to switch to another

I grabbed this off the mrc site.
I dont know what you mean by junior english course but I hope this helps you out. BTW, all english classes are pretty much filled up man, I doubt you'll be able to switch but good luck

ENGL 1112 - Introductory Composition

(4 credits - TG) 4 hours lecture

This course is designed for students whose understanding of the elements of English grammar and the mechanics of good writing needs reinforcing. Introductory Composition will provide a review of grammar and the mechanics; as well, it will focus on the structures of sentences, paragraphs and essays. Along with written assignments offering practice in composition, the course will emphasize discussion and analysis of readings. Instruction in research methods will also be provided as preparation for a research paper.

Note: Students must score a 3 or higher on the English Placement Test or have passed English 30, 33 or 0115 to qualify for this course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGL 1217 - Creative Writing

(3 credits - TG) 3 hours lecture

This course provides opportunities for creative, imaginative, and personal writing. Students write stories, poetry and/or drama and receive instruction in narrative techniques, creation of character and dialogue, description, and poetic forms.

Recommended Preparation: English 1112 or 2201.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENGL 1241 - Literature for Young Children

(3 credits) 3 hours lecture

This course offers a critical study of literature for young children (ages 2-8). By providing a survey of the various genres of children's literature, this course introduces students to the range of work available for preschool and primary school children. Students will also be given opportunities to develop their skills for oral presentation and written composition.

ENGL 2201 - Intermediate Composition

(4 credits TG) 4 hours lecture

Intermediate Composition is a university-level composition course, which emphasizes the rhetorical elements of persuasive writing. Students will learn to use various persuasive strategies in their own writing, and evaluate them in the writing of others, by reading and discussing essays and by writing persuasive essays and rhetorical analyses.

Note: Students must score 5 or 6 on the English Placement Test, have passed English 1112 with a grade of "C" or higher or passed English 30 with a mark of at least 75% to qualify for this course.

ENGL 2210 - English Literature to the Eighteenth Century

(3 credits - TG) 3 hours lecture

This course surveys English literature from its earliest beginnings to the Restoration (1660), but with an emphasis on Chaucer, Shakespeare, and Milton. Students will learn how to read a variety of texts closely and critically, and will examine the ways in which these texts relate to their socio-political, religious and cultural environments (the Dark Ages, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance).