PDA

View Full Version : Buying a home through welist.com

rony_espana
11-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone can help me out. I am looking to possibly buy a house through welist.com, however they say that I cannot use my realtor with them. Anyone bought through welist? Just want to know if its worth the hassle. Thanks.

Kloubek
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm sure if you search there must be information on this...

Anyway, you can use your realtor if you want. But expect to pay him/her commission out of your own pocket - since the owner has no interest in paying for a realtor themselves. (Which is why they are using Welist).

If you get a good lawyer, they shouldn't have much trouble working all the documents out for you.

And for the record, you are not buying a house through welist. You're buying a house directly from the buyer; welist is simply an introduction service.

Dr_Funk
11-24-2010, 03:35 PM
We sold a house through we list a few years back and didn't need to go through realtor at all. The lawyers will do all the paper work for you, although they may charge you a little extra for the extra paper work they have to do.

rony_espana
11-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Sweet guys, thanks for the information. I was more concerned about any fees that I have to pay or if the seller handles all the fees like lawyers and stuff.

Kloubek
11-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, you're BOTH going to need a lawyer. So you'll handle your fees, and he'll handle his own fees.

sputnik
11-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana
Sweet guys, thanks for the information. I was more concerned about any fees that I have to pay or if the seller handles all the fees like lawyers and stuff.

You would need a lawyer regardless.

The only additional costs you may have is you get your lawyer to draft your offer letter to the seller. However that should really be no more than an hour of their fees.

We bought our last house privately and had no issues whatsoever.