PDA

View Full Version : Civic T-Bracket Question

Myz
11-25-2010, 12:27 AM
I have a rear engine bracket (T-bracket) which came with the EG civic i bought.
Now i know most of you will probably respond by saying that the EG bracket wont work on my EF BUT, the bracket was literally placed/jammed behind the motor & never really bolted in place on the EG.
This made me wonder if the bracket was not bolted in place because the person that did the instal was lazy or just couldnt make it fit.

My Question:
Since i need a T bracket to install the motor into an EF, how would i be able to identify if the bracket I have is right or wrong?
(Hoping somebody can point out tell tale marks, moulding marks, holes, measurements etc)

I can't check for myself by placing the motor in the bay since I dont have the mounts yet & would like to have the mounts, bracket & linkages all at once whilst i'm doing the install.

Any help is appreciated.

streethondas
11-25-2010, 12:45 AM
All I know is you need to get a t bracket off 90-93 integra to make it work.. The t bracket that came with the eg/b16 is probably off a d series which is shorter in length then the one that come on b series for eg. Also if the tranny is a hydraulic then you know for sure it's off a eg6 or em1 and neither will work unless the eg mystically had a cable tranny and the guy who did the sway didn't bother swapping the bracket lol:nut:

jdmsource
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
If your are talking a about b16 into and Ef, yes you will need a da bracket, the eg one will not work

Mr_ET
11-26-2010, 11:37 AM
To my knowledge, they have a stamp on them but I don`t know which code would be used for the EG vs EF.

Pick n Pull has a ton of 90-93 DA integras just grab one there and be done with it:thumbsup:

Myz
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.
Knowing my luck, I'd buy one then find its identical to what i have at the moment.
That's why i was looking for codes of some sort.
Thanks anyway:thumbsup:

Myz
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Never thought i'd run into hassles on minor items like this.
I cannot find a T-bracket in town nor can i get my hands on DA linkages either:dunno:

Anybody keen on helping a brother out???
-Maybe put me in touch with a business that will be willing to ship these 2 items to me after taking the time to make sure its the right stuff.

ALTERNATIVELY,

Some kind Beyond member picks up this stuff & ships it off to me

Any takers?:confused: