Phenix3st

THE GOVERNATOR
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
added.

jampack
11-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Add me! :)
ziniX03
Although my GT5 hasn't arrived yet as I missed the delivery yesterday lol. Should get it tonight or tomorrow :)

EDIT: Just got it. Installing! :)

phreezee
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Any interest in starting a league like other beyonders have done with F1 2010?

PSN:phreezee

I tried logging into the servers last night, but was denied. They even had an announcement describing the problems. Anyone successfully play an online race yet? I've been doing nothing but licenses so far.

ragu
11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I'll be on tonight! "uslow"

n1zm0
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM
should change the thread title to ADD PSN name if you have GT5, instead of us going into the PSN name sticky to sift through everyone.

PSN: n1zmo0

how many ppl allowed in one race?

phreezee
11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
how many ppl allowed in one race?

16 max

Darkane
11-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Question: Is there a 1/4 or top speed test on GT5 guys?

I can't find it.

phreezee
11-25-2010, 11:58 AM
You can probably test your car's top speed by going to Practice and choosing High Speed Ring.

403Gemini
11-25-2010, 12:10 PM
wait, this game actually came out?

HiSpec
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Members on GTPlanet are gathering to do a Wangan Midnight Club style racing using Special Stage Route 7.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132664

We should do something similar.

n1zm0
11-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
We should do something similar.

yes! that would be awesome for a replay movie, maybe a HP cap for each session, 300hp then 400hp, 500hp so we all kind of stay competetive, no insanely tall gear ratios allowed either

Modelexis
11-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Question: Is there a 1/4 or top speed test on GT5 guys?

I can't find it.

Nrburgring has a crazy straight.
4kms or so if I'm correct.

psycoticclown
11-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Let's do that midnight thingy tonight!

Mine is PsycoticClown.

Unknown303
11-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Project303

Add me.

rossp
11-25-2010, 02:31 PM
psn: rossZilla

tictactoe2004
11-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

Nrburgring has a crazy straight.
4kms or so if I'm correct.

Yeah you should be able to top out any car in the game on the straight at the end of the ring.

ZEDGE
11-25-2010, 05:34 PM
xZeDgEx

Nels
11-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Just got the game, waiting for it to install the memory!
My ign is x_Nel_x anyone can add me!

CaptainReboot
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Picking up the game tonight. Add me UltimateB

djayz
11-25-2010, 07:01 PM
I should be down if theres some group racing.

djayz888 is my PSN ID

psycoticclown
11-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Just had a ton of fun doing some Midnight Wangan action.

Anyways, I started a chat room for Beyond GT5, got some people added so just gimme a shout if you want to be added to the room, easier to set up races and stuff.

n1zm0
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
^yeah was fun for sure we need to use some supercars for that, the straight is long ass

Redlined_8000
11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
You guys can add me if you want = Hondata_s2000

I got frustrated I cant play online anymore because I keep getting disconnected from the server..??

ragu
11-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown

Anyways, I started a chat room for Beyond GT5, got some people added so just gimme a shout if you want to be added to the room, easier to set up races and stuff.

hey man add me, i found online mode to be pretty boring.

uslow

Dj_Stylz
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Just installed, add me. M3Stylz

K3RMiTdot
11-26-2010, 02:56 AM
addd me guys. k3rmitdot

schocker
11-26-2010, 11:32 AM
i would be down for some night races
psn: bomberman447

gyu
11-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I tried out Special stage route 7, the idea of wangan midnight is cool but I don't think it'll fun because the straight aways are way too long.

lofu
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM
psn: lofu-403, this sounds awesome!

n1zm0
11-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by gyu
I tried out Special stage route 7, the idea of wangan midnight is cool but I don't think it'll fun because the straight aways are way too long.

i'll dispute that and say its very competetive, especialyl with everyone using the same cars but last night psycoticclown, zedge and I played it and even with his EK was catching up to my 200sx by drafting me for a good few seconds there, till he had a catastrophic spin out lol.

psycoticclown
11-26-2010, 03:00 PM
^^Lol, that was ridiculous. I would pull in front of you from drafting then you would catch up. And then I just lost it, tried to get it in control for a good 10 seconds before baaaaaailing.

Hakkola
11-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Add me, Hakkola

Sky
11-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Let's do some racing. ID: skycinque

.jl-
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
I just saw that thread on gtplanet. That's crazy.. PSN:Mazdaspec

gqmw
11-26-2010, 11:45 PM

add me up
ickysplit

jongc
11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
add me, l like this game better than black ops lol

drewb
11-28-2010, 05:41 AM
I'm always down for races.

PSN: specRdreams

Phenix
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I was having problems getting the online thing to work yesterday. Seems like there are still tons of bugs in the game. So much for 5 years of work. Forza 3 is a more solid game imo. But the online for it isn't too great

boarderfatty
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Am I the only one that is slightly unimpressed with this game? To me it is not very user friendly and seems to focused on being a sim rather than a game. You don't have access to all the cars right away unti the "used car dealership" to turn over its inventory. I cant do a brake job on my EK civic type r in the tune shop. Like who forgets about brakes?

On a side note I can't figure how to turn on damage.

Wraith
11-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
Am I the only one that is slightly unimpressed with this game? To me it is not very user friendly and seems to focused on being a sim rather than a game. You don't have access to all the cars right away unti the "used car dealership" to turn over its inventory. I cant do a brake job on my EK civic type r in the tune shop. Like who forgets about brakes?

I've always considered GT a sim rather than a video game

psycoticclown
11-28-2010, 02:40 PM
GT is more a sim game compared to Forza. That said, I'm a huge GT fanboy and I'm not 100% impressed. The ingame physics and racing is incredible, especially with a wheel, but the lack of customization that's found in Forza kinda sucks. And other small design quirks like not every car available sucks too. And they should have a class system that Forza does, putting cars into A class or whatever. Keeps it more fair for online racing cause HP restrictions only mean so much.

Unknown303
11-28-2010, 03:37 PM
The rally special events are pretty sweet so far. Tuned up a fwd suzuki so it just squeezed under the hp restriction. It handled like crazy.

dj_rice
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
DJRICE123. add it

Unknown303
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
DJRICE123. add it

You added me already. :poosie:

MugenBB6
11-28-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm down for wangan races! I'm a honda and toyota fan boy so I'll be driving mostly those lol. Psn: L_A_M_M

On a side note. I think its kind of dumb how only the 200 premium cars can get the cf hood, wide fenders, racing version, and rims/painting rims. Supposedly they brought all the standard cars straight from gt4 and edited it a bit, and built the premium cars from scratch. Wish they had more premium.

dj_rice
11-28-2010, 11:12 PM
How come I don't see any upgrades for brakes?

Freestylin
11-28-2010, 11:13 PM
civicryder add me up if you want to play

MugenBB6
11-28-2010, 11:22 PM
I think only premium u can upgrade breaks. Its dumb. Standard cars are just there to drive, not mod I think.

962 kid
11-28-2010, 11:46 PM

It's not just you. I feel borderline insulted by this game and I feel bad for anyone who bought their ps3 for it. The graphics are subpar, the AI is atrocious, the collisions do nothing but piss me off (BOIIING!!), the A spec races are not even close to competitive, the selection of aftermarket wheels is a joke, the premium/standard car thing is a joke, etc etc etc. A large selection of suspension adjustments available, but no form of datalogging or anything like that to use. To be honest, about half the time I spend playing the game is enjoyable, the other half is filled with frustration and disappointment.

Originally posted by Wraith

I've always considered GT a sim rather than a video game

lol, GT is probably the furthest thing from a sim

Originally posted by MugenBB6
I think only premium u can upgrade breaks. Its dumb. Standard cars are just there to drive, not mod I think.

I can't upgrade brakes on my premium cars

MugenBB6
11-28-2010, 11:49 PM
But a heads up I'll be adding all of u guys tonight!

boarderfatty
11-28-2010, 11:50 PM
For the most part I think Forza 3 is a better game. There are not enough races. I dislike how you cant really race the N ring or the top gear track, plus there are only like 200 races, and for certain race series like the lotus elise race you have to wait for the dealer to cycle through to the elise which can be a long time to wait. I dislike how this game is basically set up as a sim to follow braking lines yet you cant upgrade brakes on any car it seems, the AI competition follows a specific line and if you are in their way they will hit you, they don't overtake or run into each other , etc. In spec B you can pick the attitude of your driver, but there are only 4 instructions to give the driver and they don't always listen. Not many cars have the in car view, the menus seem very Un-user friendly. And Worst of all the engine noise sucks, from what I can tell it is very unrealistic, for Fawks sakes I can't hear V-tec in my civic. And what is with the staged upgrades, engine upgrade 1, engine upgrade 2 and so forth?

For 6 years in the making this is quite a disappointment imo. I will most likely keep playing Forza

4DoorGTZ
11-29-2010, 12:13 AM
FourDoorGTZ <--- Add me, getting pretty tired of the AI, need real players.

Unknown303
11-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Collisions in this game drive me crazy, and the AI pulling police tactics on you anytime they don't like how close you are to them.

know1edge
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM

Apparantley you have to unlock it, and then it's on permanately.

Phenix
11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
For the most part I think Forza 3 is a better game. There are not enough races. I dislike how you cant really race the N ring or the top gear track, plus there are only like 200 races, and for certain race series like the lotus elise race you have to wait for the dealer to cycle through to the elise which can be a long time to wait. I dislike how this game is basically set up as a sim to follow braking lines yet you cant upgrade brakes on any car it seems, the AI competition follows a specific line and if you are in their way they will hit you, they don't overtake or run into each other , etc. In spec B you can pick the attitude of your driver, but there are only 4 instructions to give the driver and they don't always listen. Not many cars have the in car view, the menus seem very Un-user friendly. And Worst of all the engine noise sucks, from what I can tell it is very unrealistic, for Fawks sakes I can't hear V-tec in my civic. And what is with the staged upgrades, engine upgrade 1, engine upgrade 2 and so forth?

For 6 years in the making this is quite a disappointment imo. I will most likely keep playing Forza

:werd: I still like forza better, just wish the online was a little better.

Playing gt5 make me want to play forza 3 more. lol

jongc
11-29-2010, 03:09 PM
Has anyone finished all the license yet?

Mitsu3000gt
11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by jongc

Just about, the only thing stopping me is I haven't had time to play as long as I wanted yet. They are ridiculously easy, I would think anyone can pass them all 1st try so its just a matter of putting in the time so far.

jongc
11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Just about, the only thing stopping me is I haven't had time to play as long as I wanted yet. They are ridiculously easy, I would think anyone can pass them all 1st try so its just a matter of putting in the time so far.

That last license test is a pain :cry:

djayz
11-29-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

All golds? or are you just getting it done by getting bronze?

chkolny541
11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
^gold is so effing tough!!!!! grrrRRR!! mostly silvers/ bronze for me

Sky
11-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm done iB license, all silver or gold. Some are tough just to get silver. I got all gold for B license just for fun though.

I don't have a steering wheel so its hard sometimes, I think the hardest thing for me so far has been special events such as Top Gear & Jeff Gordons....pissed me off big time.

schocker
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Sky
I don't have a steering wheel so its hard sometimes, I think the hardest thing for me so far has been special events such as Top Gear &amp; Jeff Gordons....pissed me off big time.
Some of the events are dumb. The rally for example in intermediate i killed it with my 22b in the snow portion like 5s ahead per stage. Then I switch over to the gravel or tarmac and am always 0.5-1s off the pace per stage. Also the AMG ones annoy me as they can be quite tedious. I did the full ring with the tuned sls and missed silver by 1.9s :banghead:

jongc
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
R35 is my new friend :D

Sky
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
^ I agree, haven't tried the rallies yet but sounds like it'll take some patience. I finished the SLS AMG all silver, full ring was gay for awhile, almost threw my controller running into other mercs where they don't make room for u to pass. Flashing lights and horn don't help at all...they should pull to a side when u do that.

dj_rice
11-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I hate how you can't replay certain cup races to win more money and cars. You win the race once in gold and thats it, all the money and the car 1 time only.

And not sure if you guys all know this glitch but any car you win or buy. Before you drive it, take it to the maintenance and do an oil change on it. You get 10-15 free HP off the bat. Was in the previous Gran Turismo and looks like they included it in this one also.

dirtsniffer
11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
fuck, what cars have you guys beaten the first rally with? im trying to use the ford rs200 and cant even come close :(
I didnt think i sucked so bad with a wheel

edit: traction control is left on by default in rally. good to know

psycoticclown
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM
^^Haha, I used the FT86 concept car to get gold on the rally's.

Beat the damn Elise TG challenge on Silver, just catching up to the first place car ugh. Car is a bitch, using a wheel and had to mess with a buncha settings to make it drivable.

schocker
11-30-2010, 12:38 AM
I used my ek9 for the beginner rally and got gold on all of them.

I didnt believe any of you on the second top gear challenge so I started it, spun out on the first corner and turned off my ps3 :rofl:

Sky
11-30-2010, 12:40 AM
^ Damn, u beat the TG Elise silver?? with controller, its almost impossible. Nice.

know1edge
11-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
And not sure if you guys all know this glitch but any car you win or buy. Before you drive it, take it to the maintenance and do an oil change on it. You get 10-15 free HP off the bat. Was in the previous Gran Turismo and looks like they included it in this one also.

It's not "free" you're just restoring the lost power.

jsn
11-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by schocker

Some of the events are dumb. The rally for example in intermediate i killed it with my 22b in the snow portion like 5s ahead per stage. Then I switch over to the gravel or tarmac and am always 0.5-1s off the pace per stage. Also the AMG ones annoy me as they can be quite tedious. I did the full ring with the tuned sls and missed silver by 1.9s :banghead:

How did you find the 22b? I've been checking after every race i do hoping to find it in the used lot. Is it just random?

schocker
11-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by jsn
How did you find the 22b? I've been checking after every race i do hoping to find it in the used lot. Is it just random?
It's random. Saw it pop up and knew I had to buy it as I probably wont see it again for a long time. That is the problem with the standard cars, if you dont but it right away who knows how long until you see it again.

know1edge
11-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Speaking of, if anybody sees the ae86 SS, I'll pay cash if you send it to me!!

jongc
11-30-2010, 02:32 AM
l just loaned my suped up 700+ hp r35 to my brother via gift, he said he's giving it back, l hope, lol.

jsn
11-30-2010, 02:52 AM

It's random. Saw it pop up and knew I had to buy it as I probably wont see it again for a long time. That is the problem with the standard cars, if you dont but it right away who knows how long until you see it again.

Guess I've been having bad luck then. I've been holding off from buying a GC8 because I'm waiting for the 22b:(

I used my ek9 for the beginner rally and got gold on all of them.

I didnt believe any of you on the second top gear challenge so I started it, spun out on the first corner and turned off my ps3 :rofl:

lol yea it's stupidly hard. If you even touch the brake a little bit during a turn and you spin out. Took me quite a few tries just to get past the first turn, then some other driver pulled a PIT maneuver on me and i span out. Almost threw my controller at the tv.

psycoticclown
11-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Sky
^ Damn, u beat the TG Elise silver?? with controller, its almost impossible. Nice.

With a wheel and controller. Controller almost got gold after a few tries, wheel it took me like an hour to get Silver and then I was too frustrated to try and get gold. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Originally posted by know1edge
Speaking of, if anybody sees the ae86 SS, I'll pay cash if you send it to me!!

You mean the Shuichi Shigeno version? If so, I have it lol, use it as one of my drift cars.

Go4Long
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by jongc

Just about...just getting pissed off trying to get silver on test 8 of the S license...think I'm gonna skip it and come back...once I finish this up I'll have nothing but gold and silvers for all the tests.

I miss endurance races, and the ability to redo races and make more money to buy better cars...whoever took that out should be smacked...

chkolny541
11-30-2010, 06:52 PM
is it just me , or does the online for this game just not work...
ive been trying for so long to just enter a server, and race against ppl, but i cant, ill join a server with 11/12 ppl and the race will never start. wtf? i just wanna see what my '10 sti can do against real ppl and not AI. SOO FRUSTRATING

Go4Long
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
There's a notice on the welcome screen talking about that. Due to traffic volumes it's not functioning properly all the time.

Got my super license, that S-8 is my only bronze out of all the licenses now...such a piss off, lol.

Sky
11-30-2010, 07:31 PM
^ Never tried any online races yet, not in a big hurry either until I get more $ for cars/upgrades. Hopefully they'll work out the bugs in time.

I'm gonna do my S license today.... sounds like S-8 may be my only bronze too :rofl:

180drft
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Add me! PSN: SOjdm

know1edge
11-30-2010, 11:21 PM
You mean the Shuichi Shigeno version? If so, I have it lol, use it as one of my drift cars.

GIMME

psycoticclown
12-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Haha add me and send me a message.

Should start a trade thread. I need a 22b and an Amuse S2K Street Edition.

Go4Long
12-01-2010, 01:42 AM
I believe I have the S2000 you are looking for...although it's the prize for getting the S License with all bronze. ;)

I need to borrow a well done mini and something for an 80's japanese car :dunno:

Work is cutting in to my GT5 time dammit :poosie:

psycoticclown
12-01-2010, 01:47 AM
^^Isn't that the Opera S2K?

schocker
12-01-2010, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Go4Long
I need to borrow a well done mini and something for an 80's japanese car :dunno:

I just ended up buying the turbo mini for that race and then used the motul civic i won in the clubman cup to win the 80;s races.

beyond_ban
12-01-2010, 03:35 AM
add me: zeboi

Go4Long
12-01-2010, 03:40 AM
^^Isn't that the Opera S2K?

ah right...mah bad...I wasn't at home to check it.

and I sold my motul civic...oops.

and my name on the PSN is the same as here...

vtec4life
12-01-2010, 04:31 AM
anyone else think drifting is ridiculously difficult???? is there some secret to it?
It was so easy on grid :(

phreezee
12-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
is it just me , or does the online for this game just not work...
ive been trying for so long to just enter a server, and race against ppl, but i cant, ill join a server with 11/12 ppl and the race will never start. wtf? i just wanna see what my '10 sti can do against real ppl and not AI. SOO FRUSTRATING

I was on Monday night it was working well with 6 people, no lag at all. I just think the online implementation is bad in that you can't send invites to friends.

Is this the simplest way to find your friends: "GT Life->Community->Click on Friend->Lounge (orange player icon above teacup)->Join "?

Also you have to "favorite" cars in your garage to use them in Online. Not sure if there's a limit to how many favorites you can have.

n1zm0
12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by vtec4life
anyone else think drifting is ridiculously difficult???? is there some secret to it?
It was so easy on grid :(

has alot to do with your tires and especially driving options (ASM TCS etc) so screw around with that, also look into getting the LSD in tuning, helps alot, but yeah its not the same as it was in GT4 or Prologue for that matter.

Originally posted by Go4Long
and I sold my motul civic...oops.

since i didnt buy an FF for a first car, this thing was AWESOME for the FF challenges, the only upgrade you could do was the 3rd engine upgrade iirc, did that and wow is that thing ever a monster for an FF

Mr_ET
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Add me Mr_ET1979

As for the game I'm currently level 17 and have golds on everything I have tried.

I have only done B and A liscences all gold but I don`t even see the point of doing them since I don't need them to race....

AI is just stupid and follows the racing line, stay out of it and they'll never pit manoeuver you.

Graphics are for the most part slightly better but standards cars are a joke.

Why the EFF can't I cange the wheels on a CRX or any of the other 800 standard cars. GT5 is a regression compared to the previous titles on many fronts.

Play with brake bias instead of buying better brakes wtf?

buy subaru impreza sti parts for any car you drive wtf

no tire, licence or other restrictions to make the game challenging wtf

need to complete b spec races to finish the game wtf

a spec has about 1/4 of the races I am used to playing in previous versions.

Nascar sucks and so does karting even at expert (got gold there too)

I've driven with the controller and a G25 and it`s easier in most cases with the controller wtf

GT5 we didn`t want more cars if it meant losing a bunch of other things. damage is a joke, i can`t modify cars the way I want, I can`t even drag race them to see what they run on the 1/4 mile....

A lot of the time it feels like I'm playing a crappy demo version of GT4

I am disgusted by the lack of effort given the amount of time spent developping this game...

I'm already at 29% complete and have seen the ending credits and the way the game is built, I have so much money I can buy anything I want and blow the doors off any cars in any race...

Haven`t tried online so add me and we'll see if that`s any better:facepalm:

CSMRX7
12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Add me

csmrx7

taemo
12-01-2010, 10:02 PM
anyone tried this?

Go to Hardware -> Audio -> Dynamic Range (change from default "Living Room" to "Large Theater")

apparently it will make the car engine sound a little better

ZEDGE
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Just makes my sound very quiet. Don't have 5.1 system though. :dunno: One of my dissapointments with this game is the crappy engine sounds.

know1edge
12-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Haha add me and send me a message.

Should start a trade thread. I need a 22b and an Amuse S2K Street Edition.

We really should start a trade thread, because I'm a compulsive perfectionist, and I want to keep all the cars I won't be driving bone stock, not even the oil changed. So i have a few cars sitting around that I modded out to win a few cups..

psycoticclown
12-02-2010, 02:31 AM
I need an stock '83 AE86 if you got one.

chkolny541
12-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
...rant...

Haven`t tried online so add me and we'll see if that`s any better:facepalm:

go online, ppl there being actually intelligent are much in the same boat as you, races are VERY challenging there. Cars are properly tuned and modded, so races are very technical and interesting