PDA

View Full Version : When Is Loud Too Loud For Your Vehicle?

Markham
11-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi guys

In case anyone's wondering, that is a picture of my Z that accompanies the story!

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2010/11/when-is-loud-too-loud-for-your-vehicle/

Markham

heavyD
11-25-2010, 12:29 PM
“The open houses give Calgarians an opportunity to talk to City staff about how excessive vehicle noise impacts their lives ....

Boy talk about hard done by.:rolleyes: This isn't anything to do with impacting lives and more about people wanting to impose their will on others and have things their way.

italianstylez
11-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Loud vehicles saves lives

Awd-Tsi
11-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by italianstylez
Loud vehicles saves lives I agree, you can't hear the hybrid coming, but sure can hear a open header v8

Graham_A_M
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by italianstylez
Loud vehicles saves lives
Thats a saying most motorcyclists live by.

94boosted
11-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Too loud is defined by the cunt's that ride their Harleys with open exhaust's or the red necks with 6" exhausts on their diesel trucks anything else IMO is tolerable.

Zigo
11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
^ I think it would of saved me a few times, I'll ride correctly, but some people on phones and eating still don't look out for me.

Other side you can scare that shit out of people and make them panic.

But still, If you ride half decently people should see you always and not here you.

My bike still has the stock pipe, but I'm thinking of buying a new one for Christmas. Set valve keeps giving me a FI light.

Graham_A_M
11-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Too loud is defined by the cunt's that ride their Harleys with open exhaust's I think the world over hates those douche's. Funny part is, they think people want to hear those impossibly loud shit heaps.
:facepalm:
Its like "look at me everybody! I paid twice as much for an unreliable shit heap as the next guy! go me!"

arian_ma
11-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Wah wah boo fucking hoo the middle of the city is too loud for me to live in so I'll bitch and complain and wine till they ruin everything for everyone. wah fucking wah

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

They should impose a fine for putting forth such dumbass ideas.

peteski
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Zipperhead rice/crotch rocket garbage sounds like shit. Don't like the sound of a Cummins or Harley? GTFO or STFU. This is redneck Alberta, oil country. So drive your piece of shit quiet little hybrid to California and stay there.

Squishy
11-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Related topics #2...
"I USED TO HAVE LOUD SEX… By Dr. Trina Read I used to have loud sex…It..."

:dunno:

FraserB
11-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by peteski
Zipperhead rice/crotch rocket garbage sounds like shit. Don't like the sound of a Cummins or Harley? GTFO or STFU. This is redneck Alberta, oil country. So drive your piece of shit quiet little hybrid to California and stay there.

You do realize that only the lower portion of people who own these vehicles agree with you right? True enthusiasts realize that these are problems and actually want to solve them in a way that benefits everyone. All you do by having this attitude is show exactly the kind of person you are and reinforce the misconception that everyone who rides a Harley or drives a truck is a redneck with the IQ of a cantaloupe.

Disoblige
11-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

You do realize that only the lower portion of people who own these vehicles agree with you right? True enthusiasts realize that these are problems and actually want to solve them in a way that benefits everyone. All you do by having this attitude is show exactly the kind of person you are and reinforce the misconception that everyone who rides a Harley or drives a truck is a redneck with the IQ of a cantaloupe.
Good response. :)

whiskas
11-26-2010, 01:38 AM

So I take it you like fucking animals? Maybe give your sister some sloppy seconds? After all this is redneck Alberta.

syeve
11-26-2010, 10:45 AM

You strike me as someone that not a lot of people like.

94boosted
11-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Civic's and 600's that rip around can have an annoying exhaust at times however it's relatively quiet. It's the Harleys with the open exhaust systems that make my ears bleed, and the guys in their jacked up diesel trucks that are obnoxiously loud and spew black smoke everywhere. Alberta is oil country but that doesn't mean we have to be ignorant pricks when it comes to the exhaust's on our vehicles. There is nothing wrong with a diesel truck and/or harley as long as it doesn't piss everyone off as it drives by.

kevie88
11-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Hooray! The monthly loud pipes thread is here!!

Loud pipes piss people off.

I've had a stock pipe on my street bikes for 15 years now, and surprisingly enough I'm not dead yet! I can count the number of times I've been cut off or 'lane-changed' on one hand, and it was never something I couldn't handle with judicious application of the throttle, brakes or handling.