PDA

View Full Version : Taking mobile DJing to a whole new level...

Vagabond142
11-26-2010, 12:39 PM
DJ Cotts (hardcore/high energy) DJing.... from the back seat of a car.... o_O

HYtqqmB71NE

Canucks3322
11-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Shitty fucking music but pretty funny and original haha, especially when they go thru the drive thru.....reminds of Zoolander when they have a DJ at the funeral!

Vagabond142
11-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Shitty fucking music

Matter of opinion. Cotts is one of the best of the amateur hardcore/high energy dj's out there, according to the amount of people that follow his youtube channel and the fact he has a weekly show on happyhardcore.com

xxviet
11-26-2010, 03:31 PM
heres a challenge. Name that car!?

almerick
11-26-2010, 03:35 PM
You can also tell he's pretty popular because his video is longer than 10 minutes as well which means he's got a large enough fan base/view count on his channel.

Vagabond142
11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by xxviet
heres a challenge. Name that car!?

Looks like a Holden Commodore, tbh.

One of my favorite bits was the MacDonalds line... Imagine being the guy that served them... "Is that a DJ in your car? o_O!"

Canucks3322
11-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

Matter of opinion. Cotts is one of the best of the amateur hardcore/high energy dj's out there, according to the amount of people that follow his youtube channel and the fact he has a weekly show on happyhardcore.com

Fair enough....but I can tell you for a fact that it doesn't take much skill/talent whatsoever to mix "hardcore/high energy", the bpm's are so fast that it's nearly impossible to trainwreck...all you gotta do is pick tracks people like and fiddle with the effects knobs here and there....anyways, still a fun video to watch with the volume down.

[Yu]
11-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Fair enough....but I can tell you for a fact that it doesn't take much skill/talent whatsoever to mix "hardcore/high energy", the bpm's are so fast that it's nearly impossible to trainwreck...all you gotta do is pick tracks people like and fiddle with the effects knobs here and there....anyways, still a fun video to watch with the volume down.

Oh wow, really I didn't know it was that easy to spin music ever.

Can you please post some of your own examples? Seeing how its so easy, it must take like what....? 5 minutes?

I'll be waiting here brah, I'll even stay in my Friday night so I can critique your awesome stuff and see how great it is.

:facepalm:

Some people just have to hate on everything, just let the guy have some fun doing his own thing. As others have said, he must be doing ok to have a strong fan base and extended length videos.

Vagabond142
11-26-2010, 06:47 PM
[Yu]... don't worry too much. It's just an "internet entitled" troll here on beyond, ignore it and it will crawl back under its bridge.

I'm still impressed that the was mixing one handed whilst nomming on ice cream XD

Canucks3322
11-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Oh wow, really I didn't know it was that easy to spin music ever.

Can you please post some of your own examples? Seeing how its so easy, it must take like what....? 5 minutes?

I'll be waiting here brah, I'll even stay in my Friday night so I can critique your awesome stuff and see how great it is.

:facepalm:

Some people just have to hate on everything, just let the guy have some fun doing his own thing. As others have said, he must be doing ok to have a strong fan base and extended length videos.

Calm down buddy...some people think everyone is out hating on everything. I apologize for calling it shitty music, that's just my opinion and I'm sorry to have offended you. You should take other people's postings less seriously.

PS...if you knew the basic functions of a 2 channel mixer and a Pioneer CDJ, yes you could be on your way mixing this type of music in 5 minutes...like I said, fast bpms, if you don't match up the beats no one really notices, on top of that, this type of dance music really has no structure, it's just a fast kicking bassline (which sounds all the same with every different track) with a breakdown every now and then with a trance music type melody or vocal...and if you watch him he'll fiddle and play with the effects every now and then, again, anyone can do that. He has a good following because he's a likable guy, but as far as what he's doing, it's not rocket science. I'm an amateur DJ as well, but like him, I don't do anything special either (I'm not a turntablist), it's just using a mixer to mix 2 tracks that someone else produced...I just hate when people look at electronic dance music DJ's like they're gods...I'm not hating on DJ Cotts video at all, I think it's funny and you can tell he has the personality to be on stage and work a crowd. He's a good DJ because he has good showmanship as evidenced with the ice cream bit. :thumbsup:

Disoblige
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been scratching for over 6 years and have the same respect and admiration to DJ's who mix or not. Some of them are incredibly original and talented.

Vagabond142
11-27-2010, 03:23 PM
jP0W-F3cyeA

A bit of fun from the live show (live to internet!) that he did a little later on that day XD

Canucks3322
11-27-2010, 03:37 PM
This video does him justice I gotta say :thumbsup: He's showing off some advanced mixing skills that I'll admit, I wish I knew how to do...guess it's hard to fit all those decks/mixers/effects machines into the backseat of the car for the car video haha

P9KgnxFIrpw&feature=channel

black13
11-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Pretty cool but would've been nice if he sorta matched the beats to how the car was moving like acceleration or decelerating or something.