PDA

View Full Version : Bullitt Build 2.0

Shlade
11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey all.

Wanted to start the a new thread since I know in what direction im going with this thread right now.

Over the 2011 year im hoping to build this car and make it a true N/A monster. Since everybody takes the easy way on these cars and supercharges them I want to be able to take out those supercharged mustangs with a naturally aspirated one.

Since I know nobody reads this stuff Ill get right to it:

Current mods:
FRPP Intake
FRPP 3.73 gears
Steeda Under drive pulleys(need install)
Diablo 91 octane tune
FRPP Stinger axelbacks (need install)
BBK Ceramic Longtube Headers (need install)
BBK Offroad Xpipe (need install)
Steeda Sport springs
Steeda Adjustable panhard bar
Steeda Lower Control Arms (need install)

Few exterior mods but not going to get into that.

Parts on order currently are BBK longtube headers and BBK Offroad Xpipe. Once those guys go on the car will go and get dyno tuned. Im hoping it makes close to 300rwhp right there.

Shortly after that im planning on getting FRPP Intake manifold- THIS should increase a bit of HP as I wont have to get delete plates for my current manifold.

Shortly after that money permitting im going to add some ported CNC Heads, FRPP Hotrod cams, and FRPP throttle body.

My goal is 400hp with this setup (crank)

Not many pics right now since the car is in storage but here is a pic of the car before it went away.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/buuuuuuuuullitt.jpg
And some parts currently collected that are awaiting install
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/mods.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/mods2.jpg

Toma
11-26-2010, 05:10 PM
sound like a great build :thumbsup:

there are better cams now... but I'm sure you'll cheek into it when its time.

DO NOT waste this guys time, but he is ALWAYS at the forefront of Ford engine stuff. When its time fore camshaft, or head recommendation or even a short block, give him a shout,. He was also first to design and spec out the new 5.0 pistons for turbo cars etc... smart smart man.... http://www.lmengines.com/products

Shlade
11-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks Toma, Ill look into that when the time is right.

Comp cams are up in my alley aswell. Expect to see me next spring for some tuning :)

Shlade
12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Update:

Shannon from WMS called me saying that the BBK Chrome longtubes were on back order.. But the Ceramic ones were on sale for $50 more and he could get those in next week.

Even better :) The longtubes and xpipe should come next week hopefully then! once thats here I just gotta get them installed and im good to go. Probably last thing on the list will be FRPP intake manifold.

Then time for some tuning time in March-April. Ill be giving good ole Toma a shout ;)

Maybe even come tax return time ill look into cams aswell :D

Shlade
12-08-2010, 04:57 PM
My room is quickley turning into a parts store lol

Got the BBK longtubes and Xpipe in...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/longtubes.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/TVNC/xpipe.jpg

Shlade
12-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Might try and sell the diablo tuner to buy an SCT tuner..

Ill be able to upload tunes online then from custom tuners.

Having to get a dyno tune for my diablo is too much of a pain in the ass unfortunately..

Iceman_19
12-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Get your car a tune for YOUR car, dont download a similar tune, you are wasting your money and risking your engine.

Shlade
12-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Thats what it is.

The guys say at, Brenspeed, Or blow by racing or Bama tunes design a custom tune just for my car to work well with my mods.

gretz
12-17-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Thats what it is.

The guys say at, Brenspeed, Or blow by racing or Bama tunes design a custom tune just for my car to work well with my mods.

No, its still a generic tune that is the assumed (or tested even) best tune for those mods... No two motors are the same... If you are going to do it, do it right - no point of getting flashed roms if you intend on getting it dyno'd (which is the only way to get a tune for YOUR car)

Shlade
12-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I understand what your saying but very little mods require a retune for this car. Getting it dyno tuned for small things can get costly lol.

Ill be getting it dyno tuned in the spring with my diablo tho with Toma hopefully.

Toma
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
You can mail order tune a predator as well.

You just need a laptop with a serial cable, or a USB/serial adapter.

Shlade
12-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Yeah but from what ive heard the guys at diablo arent the best for tunes and dont have the greatest customer service..

When do you usually open up? Are you normally open around end of march/mid april, Toma?

Shlade
12-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Hopefully picking up a 110mm JLT CAI soon :thumbsup:

Iceman_19
12-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Best bet is to get together all the parts you want, install them at once, then dyno tune. Once the tuner has your car in his computer, any changes you make will probably be fairly quick if the tuner is competent. Wayne Johnson @ Brown Bros Ford uses Diablosport to tune some pretty fast cars, its a heck of a drive for you though, haha.

Shlade
12-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Yep thats the plan!

Toma
12-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah but from what ive heard the guys at diablo arent the best for tunes and dont have the greatest customer service..

When do you usually open up? Are you normally open around end of march/mid april, Toma?

Yep, I'll be around by then, maybe even sooner, got some of my own projects to dyno/tune

A lot of SCT guys are jumping ship because new policy SCT has undertaken in its end user agreement.

In the past, I liked Sniper cause you dont need a programmer, just a $110 VIN license to tune a car.... but it's not very 'user friendly' for 2005 up cars, and they have NO support for the 2011 5.0. So I was GONNA buy SCT till the news came out... So I bought Diablo to better handle the 2005 up stuff.

I would not go running into SCT yet because of this.

Besides, Pre 2004 Stangs are a BREEZE to tune with just about anything. Hell, I can do them with a switch chip even, sleeping lol.

Shlade
12-19-2010, 12:53 PM
I like my diablo

I dont know if you ever deal with Western Motorsports or not but they strongly reccomended Diablo over SCT. I just want to put a good agressive tune in the car to make it run as strong as possible.

Roughly in your guesstimate.. My car is rated at 315hp STOCK. So im guessing about 270 to the wheels. 3.73 gears come stock in the car.

With full exhaust longtubes back all the way to axelbacks, cold air and pulleys it should pull 300 or a little over eh?

Toma
12-19-2010, 01:12 PM
I like my diablo

I dont know if you ever deal with Western Motorsports or not but they strongly reccomended Diablo over SCT. I just want to put a good agressive tune in the car to make it run as strong as possible.

Roughly in your guesstimate.. My car is rated at 315hp STOCK. So im guessing about 270 to the wheels. 3.73 gears come stock in the car.

With full exhaust longtubes back all the way to axelbacks, cold air and pulleys it should pull 300 or a little over eh?
WMS does not do any tuning, so I am not sure why they say Diablo is better than SCT, or how they would "know"

SCT has better logging....the best, especially if you have the custom database available to a select few of us.

But in terms of tuning, all 3 systems have pretty well identical "scalars, Functions and Tables" that one can modify in creating a tune, so in that aspect, none is "better".

Sniper actually writes the file the fastest between changes for the 2004 up cars.

As for power... I doubt you will see over 300 with just those mods.... not on my dyno, but on a Dynojet... maybe.

Shlade
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Thats all good. Itll feel like a nascar when I get back into driving it in the spring over this civic..

Itll sound/look badass :love:

Ukyo8
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Spring cant come fast enough :banghead:

Shlade
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
your telling me... I might even tackle doing the header install myself. Wanna get drunk and help me out dude? hahaha ill probably do it in march or something

garnet
12-19-2010, 05:08 PM
nice build :thumbsup: love the bullitt editions

gears has always been a good mod for 'stangs
i can't recall what gears came in the 08 b-stang...3.5s or 3.7s?

i've read some good numbers coming from the 3-valves with the right cams
that and some mild head work would definitely work wonders, along with some tuning after

i'd get all you intended mods done first, then tune after, save yourself from re-doing it again later, Toma certainly will be a big help there

going to be doing any more weight savings mods?

GL

Shlade
12-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks!

Car came with 3.73`s stock out of the factory for the bullitt edition.

Cams will hopefully be in the works sometime. As for weight savings nothing really.. Im probably going to switch out the stock rad support and replace it with a light weight steeda support.

Other than that.. really it for any sort of weight mods for the moment!

garnet
12-20-2010, 12:16 AM
okay, 3.73s factory, with tall tires already, i don't know if 4:11s would make a big difference or not?

i remember mine came with a stock 2.somethings :-(
and i had to save up to get a set of gears installed, but wow what a difference it made!

true, weight reduction might not be much unless you strip it down, but then it loses street comfort

best next things i'd probably do is fit the biggest meats i could f+r and maybe in future a vortec

Shlade
12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Ill probably toss on a roush M90 in the future just for a little more power. Safest supercharger out there for the 3V.

I was thinking about doing 4.10's but im still on the fence with that

Shlade
12-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Shlade
12-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Last bit of parts coming in soon. Then some tweeking in the spring time.

The car will be under the knife for a while im sure lol.

Shlade
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM