PDA

View Full Version : Fish Soup - try it

Modelexis
11-27-2010, 03:35 PM
It's simple,
1 can of golden mush
1-1.5 cans of water
1 can of salmon

in a small soup pot over the stove on medium heat, add the salmon straight away and mash it up and mix evenly into the soup.

Stir constantly until you see it begin to bubble a bit and remove and pour into a large soup bowl.

Golden mushroom soup:

http://www.freminsfoodmarket.com/images/upload/8e2d20cf0e4988e36fe537f51e14ab3c.jpg

boneless/skinless:

http://www.cloverleaf.ca/images/products/448/CloverLeafSkinlessBonelessSockeyeSalmon.jpg

Is anyone brave enough to try this and post up what they think of my creation?
I absolutely love it, maybe someone will really enjoy this as well.

So give it a try, post up what you think, post what you added, maybe you added pepper or some veggies or something.

dj_rice
11-27-2010, 03:37 PM
I think the fish will be dry off the bat.

Why not add fresh salmon pieces. Much better

Modelexis
11-27-2010, 03:38 PM
This is more of a quick anytime meal rather than a real elegant dish to prepare.

But I would like to try it sometime with fresh salmon!

This will fill you up too, it's just all around great.
The soup is not the healthiest bit, probably too much salt etc, but the end result is worth it.

Maybe someone has a different combo of fish and soup that they have tried or they think might be good as well.
If you do, post it up.

Guillermo
11-27-2010, 03:48 PM
i have to say that this is an ultra ghetto meal. i would only eat this under the most dire consequences... like being trapped in a bomb shelter during a nuclear holocaust or something.

Modelexis
11-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for your excessively antagonistic comment Guillermo.

I should explain that I'm not going to culinary school, but rather I'm trying to find creative ways of consuming foods like cans of tuna and salmon in ways that are more interesting than just a fork and a can that I have typically done in the past.

Do you have any creative ways for combining a can of salmon with another food to make a quick and easy meal?

4lti
11-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Guillermo
i have to say that this is an ultra ghetto meal. i would only eat this under the most dire consequences... like being trapped in a bomb shelter during a nuclear holocaust or something.

Foods, food.
This is like saying Jam and Toast is ghetto. If it tastes good and fills you up then who cares..

n1zm0
11-27-2010, 04:12 PM
:werd: ^

Originally posted by Guillermo

:rofl: no i've had this exact meal + crackers - the fish taste isn't there but that doesnt bother me anyways, it fills you up for sures when you have absolutely nothing, i mean nothing, not even bread or fruits.

it's all in your head, what you perceive as disgusting and what isn't, also how you were raised, if you grew up eating exotic foods (exotic to westerners) all your life from your parent's country of birth, a can of tuna and cream of mush is nothing close to crazy gross at all... i've had parts of animals that don't even exist in some westerner's vocabularies, again all in your head and how you were raised.

Edit: also this isnt really a 'fish soup' imo, a fish soup starts by boiling fish parts ;)

bigbadboss101
11-27-2010, 04:18 PM
If you like the taste, and fills you up, I see it as a good quick meal. One can add fish, cooked beef/chicken, etc. Not something to impress a date but for quick and not unhealthy meal its cool.

Guillermo
11-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Thanks for your excessively antagonistic comment Guillermo.

I should explain that I'm not going to culinary school, but rather I'm trying to find creative ways of consuming foods like cans of tuna and salmon in ways that are more interesting than just a fork and a can that I have typically done in the past.

Do you have any creative ways for combining a can of salmon with another food to make a quick and easy meal?

hey man, don't take me so seriously, I was just giving you a little shit, in a joke-like manner. don't let it upset ya, man! :thumbsup:

psycoticclown
11-29-2010, 02:18 AM
^^Doesn't really sound like joking. In fact, that's pretty fucking rough thing to say. Imagine you telling everybody about your new car and somebody tells you it's the biggest POS out there and would only drive it if Megan Fox fucked you.

InRich
11-29-2010, 02:25 AM
I'll try it tommorow, I have all the above.

Disoblige
11-29-2010, 02:57 AM
How about Clam Chowder with thick cut potatoes and mashing the salmon in there, or Cream of Mushroom?

I just thought that creamier soups will fill you up more and maybe a bit more flavor with less salt (if you perhaps choose the Campbell's 50% sodium cans)

gqmw
11-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Sounds good to me. I like soup. I'll definitely try this for a snack sometime this week.

Guillermo
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
^^Doesn't really sound like joking. In fact, that's pretty fucking rough thing to say. Imagine you telling everybody about your new car and somebody tells you it's the biggest POS out there and would only drive it if Megan Fox fucked you.

whatever dude, he's putting CANNED SALMON in a CAN OF CAMPBELL'S SOUP. it IS FUCKING GHETTO. if he's too big of a baby to admit it's a ghetto meal, then he probably shouldn't be posting it all over the internet. now stop crying already.

RY213
11-29-2010, 01:21 PM
This meal is ghetto! It reminds me of something convicts would make in prison out of stuff they bought from the convisary lol. Anyone heard of "spread"? This isn't far off...

almerick
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I like the idea, one thing I like to do is add a can of soup to pasta. I'll give this a go sometime with pasta (without the additional water)

Guillermo
11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RY213
This meal is ghetto! It reminds me of something convicts would make in prison out of stuff they bought from the convisary lol. Anyone heard of "spread"? This isn't far off...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

this made me LOL. I saw this guy on Lockup: Raw once, and he was making a "gourmet" meal out of something like spam, cheddar cheese, and cream of mushroom soup or something like that. He was taking it very seriously, and the other convicts were all giving him praise for his cooking ability. :rofl: :rofl:

Guillermo
11-29-2010, 03:01 PM
haha, actually, convict cooking is even more elaborate:

q4TxjzC4iBY

in*10*se
11-29-2010, 03:46 PM
so if i eat kd w/ hotdogs and ketchup.... am i ghetto? :confused: :(

Guillermo
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
^^that's a pretty ghetto meal, but I don't know if that would make you ghetto. ghetto food is eaten by ghetto and non-ghetto people alike.

Guillermo
11-29-2010, 04:03 PM
i like to eat chef boyardee ravioli, cold, straight out of the can. that's pretty ghetto. still, i think there's something particularity ghetto about "cooking" a meal by combining the contents of 2 different canned goods. :rofl:

Modelexis
11-29-2010, 04:11 PM
This fish soup meal is actually more elaborate than most of my other meals throughout the day.

Here is some of my meals recently (each point is a separate meal):

-6 xl eggs scrambled w/ ketchup, no salt, no cheese, no pepper no sides

-chicken breast with light seasoning, seared and baken in the oven

-asparagus - boiled, small amount of margarine

-steak w/ light seasoning and diana sauce

-.75L of milk (enough calories to be called a 'meal'

-toast and peanut butter

-2 sandwiches, each with 2 slices of whole wheat bread, sandwich meat and pre made seafood mix

-two large basa fillets with light seasoning pan fried with no oil

my meals may be ghetto, but I'm healthy and I'm fit.

RY213
11-29-2010, 08:10 PM
8sv4nb5VbAY

This ones for Modelexis. This must be like watching Chef at Home for you, haha. Just playing...

InRich
11-30-2010, 09:46 PM
SOOOOOOOO I tried it. It was pretty good, I think it would be better with Tuna. But other then that OP..... Good job.!

Modelexis
11-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by InRich
SOOOOOOOO I tried it. It was pretty good, I think it would be better with Tuna. But other then that OP..... Good job.!

:thumbsup: something different at least to try.

http://www.modelexis.com/beyond/fish.jpg

:D

@RY213 :rofl: I lol'd
my meals are ghetto, but that was just plain unhealthy.