PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with 'chubby people' bucket seats? Bride Zeta 3, Status Ring GT, Recaro SPG xl

88CRX
11-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Anyone locally have chubby people (ie: bigger than 34-36" waist) bucket seats?

So far my research shows the following choices:

- Bride Zeta III type-L
- Status Ring GT
- Recaro SPG XL
- Buddy Club wide

Wondering if anyone has some that I could sit in.... or at least hear some feedback on :dunno:

se7en
11-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Im interested in this as well. It seems all the JDM seats that come over in 'used' condition are for short skinny guys.

Shlade
11-28-2010, 01:07 AM
Yup its true.. Id love to fit into some sparco sprints or fighters but my big 36inch waist says otherwise..

Bizzareo
11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by se7en
JDM

short skinny guys.

put 1 and 1 together..

Why not try finding some American made seats and fab up some frame rails/mounts.

eglove
11-28-2010, 01:13 AM
My spoon bucket seat is pretty large. You're welcome to sit in it. Unless you've sat in Jackie's s2. It's the same.

88CRX
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by eglove
My spoon bucket seat is pretty large. You're welcome to sit in it. Unless you've sat in Jackie's s2. It's the same.

I'm pretty sure I tried them and they were tiny! haha.

Thanks tho

Sentry
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Kirkey.

Sentry
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
They measure seats by ass size, and it goes up to 21". This is the 21":

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/images/Thumbnails/20%20SERIES%20-%20BLACK%20VINYL_Medium.JPG

Toma
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Bahahahhaa...

Oh man, the stories I can tell... I'm not exactly small... but I tune and dyno a lot of customer cars that often have some sort of tiny sports seat.... or, tiny sport seat and roll cage... lol.
Often there would be laughter watching me get in and out... always add $50 to their bill when they did ;)

Graham_A_M
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
http://www.nasource.com/RacingSeats.jsp

The ones these guys have are for bigger people. I'm 195pounds, have a '34 waist and these are pretty loose for me. So they may be ideal for you.

[Yu]
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Toma
always add $50 to their bill when they did ;)

I think I laughed harder right about when I read this, even though the rest of it was pretty comical.

88CRX
12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Sentry
They measure seats by ass size, and it goes up to 21". This is the 21":

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/images/Thumbnails/20%20SERIES%20-%20BLACK%20VINYL_Medium.JPG
I'd like something that I can hardpark with that looks half decent haha. Those are ugly as sin and look uncomfortable as fawk.

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

The ones these guys have are for bigger people. I'm 195pounds, have a '34 waist and these are pretty loose for me. So they may be ideal for you.
Again, those are frickin' ugly ass seats haha. Plus I already have reclinable Recaro's, want some fixed back buckets this time around.

I've been doing lots of reading online:

- Bride Zeta III XL, around $800, only comes in all black w/ FRP back, 38-40" waist seems to be OK, seat is wide and rubs on door panels/pillars quite often, have no idea if it will fit in my model car, pretty comfortable.
- Bride Zeta III Type L, around $800, only slightly wider then the regular Zeta seat, some people say 34" max, others say 36", no rubbing issues.
- Recaro Pole Position, around $900, red or black with FRP back, 36" waist seems to be the absolute limit
- Recaro SPG XL, not considering it as it's also made a couple inches taller for extra tall people, looks funny and it way too tall.
- Status Ring GT, around $1300 in kevlar or $1000 in carbon back, appears they are only doing kevlar now which sucks, all fabric is custom and varies in price, everyone says they are the most comfortable bucket seat they've ever had.
- Buddy Club wide, 95% of the feedback on these is they look cheap and are not very comfortable, I've seen them in person and I thought they looked OK so who knows.

Hoping I can find someone with the Status Ring GT's in anything other than kevlar to keep the costs down...... really sucks having to buy seats without sitting in them.

Modelexis
12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I would advise against dealing with these NASource goofballs.

I used to work at a shop that they made an order through.
They're scammers IMO, they make orders for custom supplies and then don't pay their bill because of an error on their part. A simple order less than 50$ and they just skip the bill because of their own mistake.

So now the shop is out time labour and materials and these scammers don't feel like it's worth their time to pay for what they ordered.
We even suggested to fix their error for no charge so that we at least break even for the supplies.

Fucking criminals.

Nasource = SCAMMERS

n1zm0
12-06-2010, 03:47 PM
looked into Corbeau at all? not japanese but still wide selection, available in the continent and pretty popular (Top Gear always uses them iirc)

Graham_A_M
12-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

I would advise against dealing with these NASource goofballs.

I used to work at a shop that they made an order through.
They're scammers IMO, they make orders for custom supplies and then don't pay their bill because of an error on their part. A simple order less than 50$ and they just skip the bill because of their own mistake.

So now the shop is out time labour and materials and these scammers don't feel like it's worth their time to pay for what they ordered.
We even suggested to fix their error for no charge so that we at least break even for the supplies.

Fucking criminals.

Nasource = SCAMMERS
Holy shit... now I know. thanks
:nut: Last time I'll recommend them for anything. :thumbsdow

tom_9109
12-06-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a set of Red DC2 Recaros in near mint condition. I have slightly spread the drivers seat to accomodate 36-38 inch waist perfectly. PM me.

dj_honda
12-07-2010, 12:03 AM
i was going to get sparco evo 2's or i think they are now called evo xl's

FIA approved.

EM1FTW
12-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by tom_9109
I have a set of Red DC2 Recaros in near mint condition. I have slightly spread the drivers seat to accomodate 36-38 inch waist perfectly. PM me.
The title says bucket seats...

I'm in the same boat as you 88CRX
I've been debating between the profi and the Status Ring GT. I dont like the thought of buying a bucket without being able to sit in them first though..

88CRX
12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
i was going to get sparco evo 2's or i think they are now called evo xl's

FIA approved.

Might have to look into those Sparco's. Appears they have a regular, a large and an XL seat haha. Wonder how the material is? Every time I see a Sparco seat it's always faded and/or ripped to shit. They're not cheap either, $800/seat. But they are FIA which is good. Bride isn't FIA and I don't think the Recaro XL seats are either, Status the kevlar ones are FIA, carbon shells aren't yet.

1-Bar
12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
For what it's worth, I rocked a Zeta III back in the day. It was a helluva tight fit for me and I'm a smaller guy (30" waist, 5'7", 170lbs). I'm not sure on how much larger the L is, but it was freaking uncomfortable on long daily drives, but amazing on the track.

JZS_147
12-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Sparco Evo 2 Plus for fixed bucket

Sparco Chrono Road or Torino 2 for recline-able.