PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Yates workout

scboss
11-28-2010, 01:44 AM
I just checked this out last night and im gonna start it monday, what do you guys think?

Im curious to how this will work lot less sets but seems pretty crazy. Dorian Yates is a beast!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian-yates-blood-guts-6-week-trainer.htm

Modelexis
11-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it would make a better video if it was the guy that trained with dorian way back when.

The guy it just intense as hell, yelling at the top of his lungs.
That would make for some entertaining video.

I think the guy's name is Leroy Davis.

adidas
11-28-2010, 12:13 PM
DY is a beast cause hes on dat dere cell tech.

Ive seen this when it first came out, the only thing i didnt agree with him is when he said that you dont need to feel the burn/soreness.

that shit might apply to anyone taking AAS, but not the avg joe blow.

liquidboi69
11-28-2010, 01:56 PM
^I don't think you have to feel the burn...all it is is lactic acid buildup. What happens if your body is really good at absorbing/clearing the lactic acid? Or you get used to the pain? It doesn't mean you're not getting a good workout.

If feeling the burn is what you aim for, and you're really good at clearing the lactic acid, it'll just lead to overtraining (because it might not come.)

All you need to do is ensure that you are making progress in either weight, reps, or fat loss.

adidas
11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Its more about being sore and tearing the muscle fibers.

For me personally, i feel much better when i have a mind+muscle connection, i get a better pump and a good soreness 2 days after.

If you feel sore the following day after training they said its due to over training.

A790
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
All you need to do is ensure that you are making progress in either weight, reps, or fat loss.
This.

max_boost
11-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69

No doubt. I'll skip the pain, soreness, pump etc. lol

I've been sore up to a week (DOMS) from doing squats/deads/bench/press but that was at the BEGINNING of 5/3/1 so it was expected haha.

I've gone through many workouts without feeling a thing in terms of soreness after. I'm not sure what the "pump" is but I know some days I feel good and some days I'm not all there.

But my last two squat and bench workouts which were my max lift sessions, I was feeling it for 4 days after haha

scboss
11-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by adidas
Its more about being sore and tearing the muscle fibers.

For me personally, i feel much better when i have a mind+muscle connection, i get a better pump and a good soreness 2 days after.

If you feel sore the following day after training they said its due to over training.

If you go for the pump you over train. If you over train you are going 2 steps forward 1 back, u progress but slow as shit. I trained like this 3 years ago when i first started and it was such a waste of time.

Im starting the program tonight and will be doing the full six weeks. Ill let you know if this program is sick.

lint
11-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by warcaster
Im starting the program tonight and will be doing the full six weeks. Ill let you know if this program is sick.

post up before and after stats/pics (no homo). Let's see some quantifiable results

adidas
11-29-2010, 12:09 PM

If you go for the pump you over train.

Source?

scboss
11-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Source?
How about all of my records since I started working out and how I didn't progress worth shit till I went back to the basics. You do what u want if it works for you but don't tell others unless your freakishly strong. I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

adidas
11-29-2010, 08:12 PM

How about all of my records since I started working out and how I didn't progress worth shit till I went back to the basics. You do what u want if it works for you but don't tell others unless your freakishly strong. I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

broscience.

lint
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
broscience.

WTF are you talking about? going to failure all the time, working out for the pump and needing to be sore after training is broscience

liquidboi69
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Ya the "pump" bs is definitely 100% broscience.

Like I said, all that is is lactic acid build up. How the hell is the feeling lactic acid buildup a good indication of anything, except that you aren't good at absorbing or clearing it.

Another thing...people fail to realize muscles aren't the only important thing to getting strong and big. What about your CNS and motor pathways. This is literally half the battle. And this the only factor in the "mind muscle" connection you're talking about...not the pump.

adidas
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by lint

WTF are you talking about? going to failure all the time, working out for the pump and needing to be sore after training is broscience

everyone talks so much garbage on here, when u make ur way out of ur parents' basement pushing around plastic weights on ur walmart bench press then come talk.

Until then, if u aint got shit to back up ur claims with then gtfo.

lint
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
everyone talks so much garbage on here, when u make ur way out of ur parents' basement pushing around plastic weights on ur walmart bench press then come talk.

You called out jaysas_63 in the upper body bulking thread and called out max_boost in the cutting thread. I posted mine in the bulking thread, where's yours at?

and here's my walmart weight set too http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291635

adidas
11-29-2010, 11:41 PM

You called out jaysas_63 in the upper body bulking thread and called out max_boost in the cutting thread. I posted mine in the bulking thread, where's yours at?

Where is what at?

Btw thx for keepin a tally.

jaysas has yet to prove his lifts and i gave max_boost props on his lifts, i never called him out, he flipped out for no reason and made the convo go south.

And everyone here talking about pump this pump that, ur definition of a pump is different than mine or anybody else's in this thread. At the same time if ur gonna say something, prove that it comes from a legit source, dont tell me;

PHAGGOT, IT WORKS FOR ME, IVE BEEN BADY BALDING FOR LIKE 3 YEARS WITH 11MONTHS OFF EVERY YEAR, SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

lint
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
where are you stats? where are your sources? where are your programs?

adidas
11-30-2010, 12:19 AM
where are you stats? where are your sources? where are your programs?

What do u want a source for thats in this thread?

My program is my own, i do what works for me as stated plenty of times in other bb threads on beyond.

Stats: What you want stats of?

6'5, 232 lbs down from ~262lbs, on a mission for more lean mass

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/SxyEuro/6049434d.jpg

Modelexis
11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
^^ pics of wheels?

looks like golds gym eau claire

adidas
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
^^ pics of wheels?

looks like golds gym eau claire

Dont got pics of legs, will take some tomorrow and post!

scboss
11-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Damn i see this thread has been taken over i did the chest day today and it felt pretty good the pace was great and the workout was short. BTW adidas doing lots of reps is fine if your trying to lose weight but i have the opposite problem. Im just saying it is EASY to overtrain when you just go for the pump. I usually readjust my program for the goals i need and record everything so i can see if it works.

I went from 163 to 200 and im 6'2 and slim a shit. But i have built my legs and core up for the last 2 months.

adidas
11-30-2010, 02:05 AM
^ legs are coming in nice it seems

Hit ur upper body harder to get the balance.

Otherwise keep it up it can only get better from here.

lint
11-30-2010, 10:45 AM
My program is my own, i do what works for me as stated plenty of times in other bb threads on beyond.

PHAGGOT, IT WORKS FOR ME, IVE BEEN BADY BALDING FOR LIKE 3 YEARS WITH 11MONTHS OFF EVERY YEAR, SO I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Good on you then, since it works for you.

Programs for the masses would be:
Mendhi's Strong Lifts 5x5
Rippetoe's Starting Strength
Pendlay's 5x5
Madcow's 5x5
Bill Starr's Big Three
Wendler's 5/3/1
Simmon's Westside/Conjugate Method
Defranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards

If you're too advanced to learn from the likes of these guys, so be it.

"everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights"

EbL1OAdfCew

adidas
11-30-2010, 12:10 PM
^ why should i copy another persons program? I take the best of every each individual and incorporate it into my own, something that has WORKED for me and has brought me results.

brb restarting firefox as i dont see ur pics!

scboss
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Well Chest last night went pretty well my starting stats are
Decline 175 x8
Incline DB press 60 x 8
Flys 32 1/2 x 9
Single curls 30 x 8
Barbell Curl 65 x 7 then 3 negative reps

My lift were alot higher before but taking these breaks made it way more intense. By the end i felt like i couldnt even curl the bar. Pretty crazy for only doing 10 total sets. When i was doing my last program i was doing 225 x6 for decline but the form he teaches is way better.

scboss
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Man just finished back day and wow was I fatigued by time I got to deadlifts.
DB Pullover 70x8
Vgrip Pull Down 200x6
One arm row 70x6
Wide grip cable row 140x6
Deadlifts 135x6

All in all good workout and im really liking the pace so far

C_Dave45
11-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Just got back from the gym. Awesome workout. Hit a plateau for quite a while..but finally starting to jump again.

275x3 bench press.
105's on the incline dumbbell press

I'm hoping to hit 3 plates within the next two months. Still having a tough time dropping the fat.

Darkane
11-30-2010, 11:00 PM

KRyn
11-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
Just got back from the gym. Awesome workout. Hit a plateau for quite a while..but finally starting to jump again.

275x3 bench press.
105's on the incline dumbbell press

I'm hoping to hit 3 plates within the next two months. Still having a tough time dropping the fat.

You touch your chest for all three reps Dave?
Damn, 105's on the incline that is impressive! Glad to hear you broke through your plateau, I know how frustrating it can be to go into the gym and not feel like you are getting any stronger.
How did you switch up your program?

C_Dave45
12-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by KRyn

You touch your chest for all three reps Dave?
Damn, 105's on the incline that is impressive! Glad to hear you broke through your plateau, I know how frustrating it can be to go into the gym and not feel like you are getting any stronger.
How did you switch up your program?
Yup. I kept at the 255 reps until I could do 3 or 4 easily while touching. Tonight I borrowed a guy to spot me. First two no help, and touched. 3rd rep needed some help. Felt good though.
I changed my routine around a bit. Mixed up the days. Anything to surprise the muscles.

adidas
12-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

See this right there shows that you're not fully enlightened.

It's about being sore and tearing fibers? Dude - How do you expect to get MORE VOLUME or FREQUENCY when you're to busy healing all the time?

Think Mcfly, think.

By leaving enough time for recovery, try it out sometime champ.

BTW, forgot to post leg pics, will do tomorrow.

Darkane
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM

adidas
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM

:rofl:

Dude don't get your panties in a bunch, you gotta take a leg pic still.

Why you worried about me? u still havent posted shit all!

u mad im stylin on you?

liquidboi69
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
^ lol typical bodybuilding miscer (am I not mistaken that most miscers don't lift?)

BTW Darkanes CONTRIBUTED way more than any of us have to this forum (myself included). He doesn't owe anyone anything.

You're just making yourself look like an ass. I mean everyone's trying to give advice, but if you want to disregard everything and do what "works for you" then that's great.

But in general, it doesn't work for others. So everyone's happy you've found what works for you...but you should have just left it at that instead of acting childish in response.

Darkane
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM

adidas
12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8CcQL934R2Q/ShXQvQtJa6I/AAAAAAAAASY/_YJsDcQHpug/s400/P5217948.JPG

A790
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Why you worried about me? u still havent posted shit all!

u mad im stylin on you?
Dude, lose the attitude. No one here appreciates you thinking and acting like you're the shit... least of all me.

scboss
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Man my thread has turned ugly. Btw that is not a leg shot

adidas
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by A790

Dude, lose the attitude. No one here appreciates you thinking and acting like you're the shit... least of all me.

yea u mad!

http://telepromptedanthems.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/u-mad1.jpg

Its not me either, wanted to see what everyone would say, will be posting my actual pics in a sec

adidas
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
*Edit*

turbotrip
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
^lol too bad most people dont catch the references you keep throwing out.
they prolly mad cuz u stylin on em bro

JfuckinC
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
hahaha adidas you've been waiting for your chance to post those haven't you!!!

adidas
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
^lol too bad most people dont catch the references you keep throwing out.
they prolly mad cuz u stylin on em bro

At least there is someone that understands.

Im just here to have fun, kick around and play jokes.

A790 is not aware.

adidas
12-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
hahaha adidas you've been waiting for your chance to post those haven't you!!!

You know it, nothin better than 70,000 screaming beyond members.

BTW, inb4 nice slippers phaggot

Darkane
12-01-2010, 07:11 PM

Sorry man. I Edited my posts, I couldnt delete them out.

Keep hitting it hard :)

scboss
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Sorry man. I Edited my posts, I couldnt delete them out.

Keep hitting it hard :)

All good i just dont understand why this thread went from a specific routine to people posting themselves who have nothing to do with it.

Also i dont want to be a bodybuilder by any means I just like trying new stuff in the gym and this looked pretty sweet.

BTW adidas you should keep track of your lifts helps alot

max_boost
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM

At least there is someone that understands.

Im just here to have fun, kick around and play jokes.

A790 is not aware.

Now we all know not to get irate when you stylin on us bra. :D

adidas
12-01-2010, 08:34 PM

BTW adidas you should keep track of your lifts helps alot

Will do, not something ive done before, but will keep a note so i can progress. Ive heard that it does work.

I will also try out to workout in something baggie for 2-3 months and really not pay too much attention to my body when my shirt is off, hopefully i come out looking bigger or it might just be a mind trick by not seeing oneself for quite some time.

Modelexis
12-01-2010, 09:35 PM
ad, nice physique. Def doing something right imo. :thumbsup:

scboss
12-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Shoulder/Tricep Day Last Night
Starting stats
DB shoulder Press 50x7
Side Raises 27.5x8
Pulley side raise 20x8
Reverse DB flys 17.5x10

Tricep Cable pushdown 130x6
Skull Crushers 80x8
Tricep Behind Head Press 45x10

Bout to head to the gym for the leg day looks so intense

JfuckinC
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
ad, nice physique. Def doing something right imo. :thumbsup:

haha :love:

C_Dave45
12-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Shoulder day today for me. I usually work my tri's on Chest day.

I liked those vids, Warcaster. Picked up a couple of good pointers for shoulder workouts from ol' Dorian.
Gonna try 'em today.
I like my leisure centre gym...hardly anyone ever there. I've yet to wait for a bench or a machine. Plus I can go for a swim and hottub soak afterwards with my boy.

scboss
12-05-2010, 03:07 AM
Yeah shoulder day was great, you should get a training partner to do these workouts properly tho because you got to go to failure and do negative reps quite a bit.

Now as for the leg day plain and simple it destroyed me and my friend. Usually I squat ass to the ground with the bar do some deadlifts then finish up with calve raises.I was a little skeptical because the only free weight on the leg day was for deadlifts. Now the starting numbers
Leg Extension 140x8
Leg press 320x8
Hack squat 230x6
Seated Hamstring Curl 100x10
Stiff legged deadlift 135x10
Calve Press 3 pause sets 220 x12,9,4
Seated Calve raises 180x7
Great thing is with stretching we were done in just under one hr. The one minute breaks makes your legs gas by time i got to hack squats my quads felt destroyed.

C_Dave45
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah having a partner makes for way better workouts!! I miss that. That's the one thing I've noticed now compared to when I used to work out years ago...EVERYONE has their ipod/iphone with the ear buds in..and no one talks in the gym. I'd go and get to know a few guys. You'd find one or two you could team up with and help each other out. Everyone sticks to themselves now.

That one minute rest really does make it more intense.

Jlude
12-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I'll post up some pics in the next few weeks... pretty crazy transformation. I've mentioned a few times that I've been working ou lately.

Went from 220lbs & 25% body fat (crazy, I know) to now at 190lbs and 10% body fat. Not where I want to be, but I find that the more progress I see, the further I want to go with this.

And I've got pics from day 1 up until a few weeks ago.

And for C_Dave45... damn man.. you got some old man strength!!! I hear ya about guys in the gym, there are a few who I can ask for a spot and will ask me too. Going at the same time and seeing the same people everyday helps make it easier to ask.

C_Dave45
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
I'll post up some pics in the next few weeks... pretty crazy transformation. I've mentioned a few times that I've been working ou lately.

Went from 220lbs & 25% body fat (crazy, I know) to now at 190lbs and 10% body fat. Not where I want to be, but I find that the more progress I see, the further I want to go with this.

And I've got pics from day 1 up until a few weeks ago.

And for C_Dave45... damn man.. you got some old man strength!!! I hear ya about guys in the gym, there are a few who I can ask for a spot and will ask me too. Going at the same time and seeing the same people everyday helps make it easier to ask.
Thanks...its encouraging to hear that. But I'm jealous of your BF drop!! Holy crap from 25 down to 10!?! Maybe its cuz of my age, but I'm having a hell of a time dropping my body fat. I started at 215 lb @ 29% last December.

I went down to 183..back up to 195 now but my BF is still at 24%. (thats from those electronic scales..don't know how accurate they are).

I see guys that look awesome..totally ripped...single digit body fat...lb-for-lb, I can outlift them quite easily. But I'd rather be the other way around. Looking at me with street clothes I just look normal. Time I guess. My waist went from 39 down to 34. My upper body has increased in size quite a bit. But I want that lean look dammit. lol. (stupid old-age metabolism)

Shoulder day yesterday:

DB shoulder press: 80's x 5
Military press (bar): 185x5
DB flys (standing) 37.5's x 5
rear DB flys: (seated) 37.5's x 5
DB frontal raises: 37.5's x 5

Tri's:

Skull crushers: 115 x 5
cable push downs: 170 x 8

PS: Anyone ever work out at the Southland Leisure Centre?

scboss
12-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Man you are doing alot for shoulders are you taking 1 minute breaks? have you got a workout partner yet? After negatives i am destroyed that is so crazy tho, you are a beast on shoulder press.

I didnt have a spotter for decline bench last week so these are the numbers with one
Decline 215 x 7 + 2 negatives
Incline 65 x 7 + 1 negative
Flys 35 x 6 + 2 negatives

Concentration curl 30 x 8
Barbell curl 65 x 6 + 3 negatives

Then back
DB pullover 70 x 10 + 1 negative
V - grip pulldown 200 x 6 + 2 negatives
DB row 65 x 9 (lowered to hit better rep range)
Wide bar row 140 x 9
Deadlift 135 x 7

C_Dave45
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I do the one-minute breaks for the smaller exercises..but the big ones (DB press, Military..) I take a longer break. I want to lift as heavy as possible and the short breaks just tires out my muscles rather than destroy them. Dunno..just my own personal theory. But yes, after all that I'm in pain.

Did Chest last night and had a great workout. Got a guy to spot me.

Flat bench: 135x15 225x8 275x3 285x2 (with a spot..almost a negative)

Incline DB press: 85'sx8 105's x 5 (spot to lift 'em up at the start)

Decline bench: 225x6 245x4 245x3

Then some tricep exercises to finish off the workout.

Still can't lose any weight..I'm hoping its lean gain + fat loss. I'm at 196 right now.

scboss
12-09-2010, 04:47 AM
If you follow this workout to a T u will lose weight no matter what, if that is what you desire do the workout with the shorter breaks. Ive already dropped from 200 to 195 in two weeks, I feel alot more solid

scboss
12-16-2010, 06:24 AM
The workouts have been awesome, my arms are getting way more definition and im actually getting a v-back. Im really starting to realize less time is equal to more results when it comes to strength training

scboss
12-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Well one week left till i post my results I must say things have been progressing well, its been hard to work around the gym being closed alot during the holidays tho but its getting done. Main thing ive noticed lately is that when i go to the gym its getting emptier everyday. I am not looking forward to when all the new years resolutions come in because not waiting for equipment is pimp right now!

scboss
01-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Alright guys so I finished the 6 weeks today and im pretty impressed with the outcomes. My weight has dropped down to 195 and I feel great. Here are some pics the numbers will be up shortly.

Before
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8710/222vw.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/i/222vw.jpg/)

After
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9981/img0193gt.th.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/img0193gt.jpg/)
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/9691/img0186cy.th.jpg (http://img573.imageshack.us/i/img0186cy.jpg/)

scboss
01-11-2011, 01:35 AM
So now for the numbers which actually caught me off guard, some increased alot some not so much but here they are

Decline 175 x 8 -----> 205 x 10
Incline Dumbbells 60 x 8 ------> 65 x 9
Flat Flys 32 1/2 x 9 --------> 37.5 x 8
C Curls 30 x 8 --------> 32 1/2 x 9
BB Curls 65x7 --------> 70 x 8

Dumbbell Pullover 70 x 8 -------> 75 x 11
V Grip pulldown 200 x 6 ---------> 200 x 8
Dumbbell rows 70 x 6 ---------> 70 x 9
Wide Grip rows 140 x 6 -------> 150 x 10
Deads 135 x 6 -----------> 135 x 10

Dumbbell Press 50 x 7---------> 52.5 x 8
Side Raises 27.5 x 8 ---------> 30 x 9
Reverse Flys 17.5 x 10 ------------->22.5 x 8
Tricep Pushdown 130 x 6 --------> 140 x 8
Skull Crusher 80 x 8------------> 85 x 7
Dumbbell Tricep press 45 x 10 ------------> 60 x 8

Leg Extension 140 x 8 ----------> 150 x 9
Leg press 320 x 8 --------------> 330 x 9
Hack Squat 230 x 6 -----------> 230 x 11
Leg Curl 100 x 10 ----------> 120 x 7
Stiff legged deadlifts 135 x 10 --------------> 140 x 9
Calve Press w/ pause sets 220 ------------>230
Seated calve raises 180 x 7 --------------> 185 x 8

So most of the things went up quite fast, big problem for me was starting to heavy on the first couple weeks and only hitting 5-6 reps. The gym being closed alot over the holidays really screwed up the leg days big time as i missed two days and tried to play catch up.
As for now im just doing a deloading phase for a week or two by going lighter with high intensity. Then I will prob start this program again unless I find something better.

All in all I know strength come slow and I made short term goals so I am totally satisfied with the results

wiggaplz
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
lol I did this workout. I don't think I was eating enough but about after the 3rd week I had to take like 4 days off lifting because I was aching everywhere, felt like complete shit, joints hurt, etc. I did make very good gains however.

wiggaplz
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Are you aware that there is a severe medical condition that causes her to be that way?

lol @ all the miscers in this thread

Jlude
01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
So now for the numbers which actually caught me off guard, some increased alot some not so much but here they are

Decline 175 x 8 -----> 205 x 10
Incline Dumbbells 60 x 8 ------> 65 x 9
Flat Flys 32 1/2 x 9 --------> 37.5 x 8
C Curls 30 x 8 --------> 32 1/2 x 9
BB Curls 65x7 --------> 70 x 8

Dumbbell Pullover 70 x 8 -------> 75 x 11
V Grip pulldown 200 x 6 ---------> 200 x 8
Dumbbell rows 70 x 6 ---------> 70 x 9
Wide Grip rows 140 x 6 -------> 150 x 10
Deads 135 x 6 -----------> 135 x 10

Dumbbell Press 50 x 7---------> 52.5 x 8
Side Raises 27.5 x 8 ---------> 30 x 9
Reverse Flys 17.5 x 10 ------------->22.5 x 8
Tricep Pushdown 130 x 6 --------> 140 x 8
Skull Crusher 80 x 8------------> 85 x 7
Dumbbell Tricep press 45 x 10 ------------> 60 x 8

Leg Extension 140 x 8 ----------> 150 x 9
Leg press 320 x 8 --------------> 330 x 9
Hack Squat 230 x 6 -----------> 230 x 11
Leg Curl 100 x 10 ----------> 120 x 7
Stiff legged deadlifts 135 x 10 --------------> 140 x 9
Calve Press w/ pause sets 220 ------------>230
Seated calve raises 180 x 7 --------------> 185 x 8

So most of the things went up quite fast, big problem for me was starting to heavy on the first couple weeks and only hitting 5-6 reps. The gym being closed alot over the holidays really screwed up the leg days big time as i missed two days and tried to play catch up.
As for now im just doing a deloading phase for a week or two by going lighter with high intensity. Then I will prob start this program again unless I find something better.

All in all I know strength come slow and I made short term goals so I am totally satisfied with the results

Good to see you followed through. Don't worry about the various gains, try to balance that out by working extra hard on the weaker parts.

:thumbsup:

civic_rida
01-22-2011, 09:21 PM
warcaster you need some shoulders

A790
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
He's got decline bench and dumbbell press in there. It's not like he's totally ignored them :)

civic_rida
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I trained legs this morning but decided to take a picture of my back this evening.

scboss
01-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by civic_rida

Yeah if I trained for looks i would work them more, right now all im concerned with is getting my legs and core stronger. The dorian yates workout is great but it made my muscular endurance pure shit. Although i could be working the dumbbell press ive been doing dumbbell snatchs as of late to focus more on my core conditioning. Dont get me wrong this workout is great if your going for strength but now my focus is speed and power and i will not be putting on to much size with my new program.

My goal is to start olympic lifts in about two months:D