PDA

View Full Version : Licence Plates in MXXXXXX Format

woovic
11-28-2010, 03:05 AM
I was looking at a used car today and I noticed he had an Alberta plate in MXXXXXX (eg. M123456) format. The guy also had another vehicle with the same thing. Is this a commercial plate? I got the vibe that the seller curbs cars for a living.

pf0sh0
11-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Those are dealer plates.

you will also see dealerships use DXXXXXX plates as well.

Don't be worried... lol

turbotrip
11-28-2010, 04:09 AM
yea its a dealer plate so the seller flips cars

Supa Dexta
11-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Commercial plates are usually G's... And Bs? I think .

jaylo
11-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Some curbers do not actually work at a dealerships, they borrow it from their friend/family that works at a dealership. Shady business I've seen it before.

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by woovic
I was looking at a used car today and I noticed he had an Alberta plate in MXXXXXX (eg. M123456) format. The guy also had another vehicle with the same thing. Is this a commercial plate? I got the vibe that the seller curbs cars for a living.

Give www.AMVIC.org a call http://www.amvic.org/contact.htm (if the seller's curbing, and you wanna do the right thing)

turbotrip
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
^if he has a dealer plate then amvic likely already knows

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 06:58 PM
^ not if he's only on a home based wholesale license selling/advertising to the general public.

tha_bandit
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
Those are dealer plates.

you will also see dealerships use DXXXXXX plates as well.

Don't be worried... lol

They ran out of the 'D's so now they use 'M's...

Originally posted by turbotrip
yea its a dealer plate so the seller flips cars

A licensed mechanic (with his own business or something, meaning the business itself) can also use these plates, not necessarily sellers only...

ddduke
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Give www.AMVIC.org a call http://www.amvic.org/contact.htm (if the seller's curbing, and you wanna do the right thing)

Why?

What's the point of being a rat for no reason. He didn't do anything to hurt you or anyone else OP. Is it really worth potentially fucking this guys life up because you decide to be a self righteous douche?

:facepalm:

EDIT: before all the heroes jump in, I'm not saying you did or are even planning on being a rat. I'm just saying what's the point of even doing this.

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Why?

What's the point of being a rat for no reason. He didn't do anything to hurt you or anyone else OP. Is it really worth potentially fucking this guys life up because you decide to be a self righteous douche?

:facepalm:

By your theory as long as a murderer, rapist, robber never done anything to you or your family, they should be left alone. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Never heard of doing the right thing have you?
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

ddduke
11-28-2010, 07:52 PM

By your theory as long as a murderer, rapist, robber never done anything to you or your family, they should be left alone. :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm not trying to attack you so don't get on the super defensive.

I also don't agree with what you said, rape, murder, etc. is one thing. This guy MAY be a curber. Being a rat and fucking with people's lives, people who aren't hurting anyone or endangering you in any way is just fucked up.

If you did (which I'm sure you have at one poing in your life) a cash job for someones car then do you think it's right for them to call Revenue Canada and rat you out? If you told your friend that you just did this cash job does he have some sort of 'moral obligation' to do the right thing and call the govt?

JimmyBurner
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Wow what a fucking rat, now I know what kind of people just sit at home all day and have the bylaw on speed dial. What did the guy do to you? He curbs cars? So fuckin what, don't buy from him. It's not that big of a deal. I don't know how the fuck you run a business, because your example of murderers, rapists, etc must be the stupidest thing I've seen you post. They MURDERED, they didn't fucking try make a buck off a car. There's a huge difference and you can't even compare the two. The people you mentioned directly KILL, ruin lives, rape, hurt, destroy families, etc. This guy sells cars. Please, finish writing your well thought up email to 7-11 headquarters before you go through your contact list and call amvic reporting peoples numbers on kijiji because you say an M plate.

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JimmyBurner

Wow what a fucking rat, now I know what kind of people just sit at home all day and have the bylaw on speed dial. What did the guy do to you? He curbs cars? So fuckin what, don't buy from him. It's not that big of a deal. I don't know how the fuck you run a business, because your example of murderers, rapists, etc must be the stupidest thing I've seen you post. They MURDERED, they didn't fucking try make a buck off a car. There's a huge difference and you can't even compare the two. The people you mentioned directly KILL, ruin lives, rape, hurt, destroy families, etc. This guy sells cars. Please, finish writing your well thought up email to 7-11 headquarters before you go through your contact list and call amvic reporting peoples numbers on kijiji because you say an M plate.

I don't even know the fuckin' ad OP is talking about.

I was joking about the headquarters thing.

Let's hope shit happens to your family and hope "rats" and snitches don't call in crimestoppers...

I work 6 days/week, and I don't have bylaw on speeddial...

tomt64
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Dont be hating because he curbs cars and you dont.
Have you ever done any dent side jobs for cash? Probably.

JimmyBurner
11-28-2010, 08:09 PM

I don't even know the fuckin' ad OP is talking about.

I was joking about the headquarters thing.

Let's hope shit happens to your family and hope "rats" and snitches don't call in crimestoppers...

I work 6 days/week, and I don't have bylaw on speeddial...

Yeah, way to backpedal snitch. You weren't joking. You're a rat. Shit happens to my family... why don't you address what I said, are murderers and curbers the same? What fucking business is it of yours to call AMVIC and report some random guys add because he's a curber and he has an M plate? Obviously if you're quick to tell the OP to snitch, you've probably done way worse yourself. I hope you really enjoy just calling bylaw, amvic, etc on people who have NO direct relevance to your life instead of confronting them in the real world or just leaving them alone like a normal guy.

TE4MFaint
11-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I think someone pissed in JimmyBurner's cereal this morning.

That or he is on his rag.

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 08:21 PM

If you did (which I'm sure you have at one poing in your life) a cash job for someones car then do you think it's right for them to call Revenue Canada and rat you out? If you told your friend that you just did this cash job does he have some sort of 'moral obligation' to do the right thing and call the govt?

Ok, that's a legitmate disccusion... forget Little Jimmy...

If my business was based on cash, no, I wouldn't blame someone for calling Revenue Canada to INVESTIGATE, this doesn't mean they're gonna shut someone down.

Have I done cash jobs, YES... cash jobs are not illegal. (and curbing actually is) But if you're going to use this example, 99% of my jobs are traceable and I report those incomes like an upstanding "rightous" citizen would.

Doing cash jobs doesn't mean I'm not reporting it neither, curbing means they're commercially running a car sell business without paying the necessary dues (I think you're trying to get me on your "cash job" example)... I never said having a dealership plate means he's curbing... Who knows what the deal is, maybe the owner of a dealership drove 2 dealership plated cars home... So what's AMVIC gonna do anyways, probably just tell him to sell at his business location.

J-hop
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM

JimmyBurner
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Ok, that's a legitmate disccusion... forget Little Jimmy...

If my business was based on cash, no, I wouldn't blame someone for calling Revenue Canada to INVESTIGATE, this doesn't mean they're gonna shut someone down.

Have I done cash jobs, YES... cash jobs are not illegal. (and curbing actually is) But if you're going to use this example, 99% of my jobs are traceable and I report those incomes like an upstanding "rightous" citizen would.

Doing cash jobs doesn't mean I'm not reporting it neither, curbing means they're commercially running a car sell business without paying the necessary dues (I think you're trying to get me on your "cash job" example)... I never said having a dealership plate means he's curbing... Who knows what the deal is, maybe the owner of a dealership drove 2 dealership plated cars home... So what's AMVIC gonna do anyways, probably just tell him to sell at his business location.

LOL it's beautiful how you people will now let it slide because he's a forum sponsor but will ignore the fact that this is the shittiest attempt at back peddling ever. You want to forget little Jimmy and have a "legitmate disccusion"? It's spelled legitimate discussion. You can start with that.

On to your "legitmate disccusion". So you're saying you have reported 99% of your cash jobs? Bullshit. As for the bolded part of your paragraph...lol... who knows what the deal is? Exactly, so why would you jump right in and tell the OP to give them a call, with 2 links, claiming that it's the right thing? From what I can understand from the bolded part you're saying who knows what the fuck is going on with the guy, there could be a lot of different reasons for him having M plates. Okay...so... if you don't know shit, what business is it of yours to run around calling amvic on guys trying to sell cars on kijiji?

:rolleyes:

I won't argue with you, you'll probably pm the mods and tell them I'm making you feel uncomfortable, but don't insult peoples intelligence. You know full well that AMVIC will tear his life up, not "tell him to sell from his lot". Ever thought that maybe, just maybe, people with lots wouldn't have to sell from home? I'm assuming AMVIC will investigate all your files, check your house, business, etc for cars and give you a hefty fine/tax audit for selling cars. All because some low-life loser took the extra time out of his day to remember your plate, your ad on kijiji, and call them complaining that your selling cars.

Curbers raped my dog and killed my father. :whocares:

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM

LOL it's beautiful how you people will now let it slide because he's a forum sponsor but will ignore the fact that this is the shittiest attempt at back peddling ever. You want to forget little Jimmy and have a "legitmate disccusion"? It's spelled legitimate discussion. You can start with that.

On to your "legitmate disccusion". So you're saying you have reported 99% of your cash jobs? Bullshit. As for the bolded part of your paragraph...lol... who knows what the deal is? Exactly, so why would you jump right in and tell the OP to give them a call, with 2 links, claiming that it's the right thing? From what I can understand from the bolded part you're saying who knows what the fuck is going on with the guy, there could be a lot of different reasons for him having M plates. Okay...so... if you don't know shit, what business is it of yours to run around calling amvic on guys trying to sell cars on kijiji?

I won't argue with you, you'll probably pm the mods and tell them I'm making you feel uncomfortable, but don't insult peoples intelligence. You know full well that AMVIC will tear his life up, not "tell him to sell from his lot". Ever thought that maybe, just maybe, people with lots wouldn't have to sell from home? I'm assuming AMVIC will investigate all your files, check your house, business, etc for cars and give you a hefty fine/tax audit for selling cars. All because some low-life loser took the extra time out of his day to remember your plate, your ad on kijiji, and call them complaining that your selling cars.

Curbers raped my dog and killed my father. :whocares:

Sorry to hear about your daddy.
:whocares:

Onto "you don't know shit"... why don't you ask the mods if I've PMed them about you making me feel uncomfortable...

If you disagree, then you disagree big fuckin' deal. You like killing and eating 14yo boys, that's fine with me.

JimmyBurner
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your daddy.
:whocares:

Onto "you don't know shit"... why don't you ask the mods if I've PMed them about you making me feel uncomfortable...

If you disagree, then you disagree big fuckin' deal. You like killing and eating 14yo boys, that's fine with me.

Yeah, that's what I thought bud. No legit response for any of my points. Just stupid jokes that don't even make sense. Keep ratting. You better tell your kids to tattletale really early too, they'll be busting those big bad curbers at the age 10.

P.S. Please, for god's sakes, work on your "insults" and jokes. They're so wierd and pathetic I get that chill down my spine, the same chill you get when someone embarrasses themselves so badly that you feel embarrased too.

TE4MFaint
11-28-2010, 09:33 PM
You two would make a cute couple, maybe you should both for a beer together, maybe a seafood dinner; you know, see what happens.

TomcoPDR
11-28-2010, 09:37 PM

No legit response for any of my points.

What points, you're not even asking any questions. All I read from you is your pathetic attempt being a cynical comedian, keep practicing at yuk-yuks. Personally I'm not amuse by it, but I can see why you're doing it, so you can send links to all your buddies telling them how you told someone off on the internet.

Only respons I can give you is the report cash job thing... No, haven't reported all of my cash jobs... but 99% of my jobs are traceable (I've said that already :dunno: )

I'm gonna watch some TV, so you don't need to refresh this for another 2-3 hours.

corsvette
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM
There are TONS of curbers out there. AMVIC will investigate if there are numerous complaints against a certain individual, or said curber is turning back odometers or other criminal act/or safety related offences.

When i read thread after thread on beyond of poor business practices from a major franchised chain such as South Deerfoot Suzuki, and yet they carry on making money off unsuspecting consumers, i can't say some curber is going to bother me one bit, it's your choice to buy from him or not, if the guy is selling a legit car he will have no problem with the buyer getting a Carfax or third party mechanical inspection.

My Dad and i are in heavy truck and equipment sales, in order to get our dealer plate years ago we had to become retail amvic licenced, being a car nut i own about a half dozen vehicles, i personally have four insured that i figure i use enough to permenently plate, (my "M" plate insurance co demands proof each yr that i have minimum two personal vehicles insured) It makes me sad to think one of my neighbours could be calling me in when i drive home a car with my dealer plate, heaven forbid i sell said car from my driveway, even though i may have owned it for years....an eye opener for sure.

J-hop
11-28-2010, 09:46 PM

JimmyBurner
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

you know what sucks man, you make some good points and I can tell you are an intelligent person, but the way you conduct yourself really does a dis service to your intelligence and you end up looking like a huge prick and no matter how good your points are people just overlook them because they are shadowed by the trash talk and insults

You are 100% right. I absolutely agree with you, but I wont apologize or change my demeanor. Everybody has certain issues that set them off, and I honestly can't fucking stand people who just live life behind their curtains with their phones in their hand and the government on speed dial. People will call the bylaw, city, amvic, cops, etc, on the stupidest, most feeble things without even consulting you, or trying to work it out like civil humans. I don't give a fuck about curbers, they can get rich or starve for all I care, but come on man, to call city officials on a guy who's selling his car on Kijiji with an M plate on it... that's too much. He's not soliciting, he's not forcing a sale, for all we know he's a regular guy selling a regular car to make some money.

turbotrip
11-28-2010, 11:32 PM
let me join in
TomcoPDR you goddam rat, you snitch, you whore..... lol

this thread got great pretty quick

ddduke
11-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

well if you look at it like this, we all pay taxes, now is it fair to the rest of us that pay for public services that this guy gets to use while he doesn't?

No, I don't think it's right, the guy may be a huge peice of shit and not pay taxes. That's not what I'm talking about.

What I'm trying to get across is that it's not our job to report people. I understand reporting someone if there's an immediate danger on a person's life, but this is different. He's not doing ANYTHING that directly affects your life, things have a way of working themselves out and if he's a scumbag then he'll probably get what he deserves eventually, it's not your duty to pry in his business.

What if he get's shut down and he has kids, a sick mom and an unemployed wife. Now he can't put food on the table, even if it's only temporarily. You're actually fucking with a man's life. How would you like if that happened to you? All because some self righteous little prick has nothing better to do with his time and feels some need to report you to amvic

All I'm saying in that people need to learn how to mind their own business in this city.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/columnists/michael_platt/2010/11/01/15902106.html

Tomco, when I was talking about cash jobs, I didn't mean cash for work, I meant unclaimed cash jobs which pretty much everyone in small business does. I'm almost certain that you have recieved cash for work that you didn't claim at one point in your life. Isn't it illegal to not be truthful on your taxes and lie about how much you make? All I'm saying is that if I knew you did this then I wouldn't call Revenue Canada just because what your doing is wrong or illegal because it's not my place to and I rather not disturb someone's life.

roll_over
11-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Tomco you sound like a smug asshole, mind your own. People like you are the reason the rate of neighbours calling in on other neighbours has gone up in the past years. The people at AMVIC are paid to do a job don't do it for them.

TomcoPDR
11-29-2010, 03:08 AM

He's not doing ANYTHING that directly affects your life,

Before calling someone a douche bag, rat, snitch... do you have the intelligence to realize that there are curbers who pawn off UNSAFE, non-road worthy vehicles, vehicles salvaged for LIFE and labeled for used parts ONLY but these curbers fraudulently come up with paper work scamming unsuspecting buyers? (ironically I know how this is done, but guess what I'm actually NOT a snitch so no worries still plenty of unsafe vehicles that we're all DIRECTLY surrounded by (yea, there are safe ones sold by curbers), so what happens if your family buys one of these non-road worthy clunkers, what happens if your friend buys one of these and you're in it during an accident, how would you sleep at night if you rear ended one of these slapped together salvaged vehicles from a curber killing a family of 4 because the safety devices weren't properly replaced or repaired? Sounds to me people like you and Jimmy are fine, but I might as well ask)

The difference with dealerships and curbers, the ones putting "shady" (unsafe) vehicles on the road is that dealerships put up bonds, they have business insurance for wrongful doings, they do have to follow regulatory guidelines... One would have to be an idiot not understanding that if a dealer sold a "fraudulent/unsafe" vehicle (i.e. 2 cars welded into 1) that they won't get sued or be traced back to them. Curbers, all they need is "sold as is where is", PRETEND to be a private seller (under 3-5 vehicles/year) and fuck over the people who are seriously injuired
or killed in an accident DUE TO an unsafe vehicle. Want an example, simple as airbags not deploying, vehicle WAS repairable salvaged, all some curbers (bad one) would do is just put a new/used looking airbag cover and call it a day; where by dealerships, people would be asking a lot more questions about their repair records after they bought the salvage...

I have seen this at a bodyshop, vehicle in a front end collision, airbags never deployed because there was NOTHING THERE; just the fuckin' factory looking cover. Curbers walk away (i.e. fuck off sorry, mind your own business your family got killed cause the brakes failed, airbags didn't deploy, seatbelt restraint failure, frame smashed in and killed your mother cuz it wasn't suppose to be re-welded from another car, but I didn't know nothing SOLD "AS IS" you should had checked it out) Where as dealers would have a lot more liability even after the sale... (maybe just me, but I would hope in a big dealership, there'd be at least 1 mechanic/bodyman "asshole whislte blower like me" if a dealer owner skips out on safety repairs on purpose... ) Just using the example of repairable salvage and re-intalling proper airbags ($3,000 - $9,000), come on who are you kidding, you really think if someone got injuried or killed and it traced back the selling dealership that bought the salvage to repair, that the dealership could get away with NOT properly reinstall such things? (i.e. yea, thanks to the self-rightous moral employees, hopefully there're ppl out there)... Yep, curbers know their ways around this.

But hey, sounds like between you and Jimmy that's all we need to know about life.

M.alex
11-29-2010, 03:19 AM

Interesting. So you're implying that you do not claim exactly 100% of all cash jobs on your income taxes. I think Revenue Canada would be very interested in this fact :burnout:

:D

TomcoPDR
11-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Interesting. So you're implying that you do not claim exactly 100% of all cash jobs on your income taxes. I think Revenue Canada would be very interested in this fact :burnout:

:D

Yea, usually happens when I try helping out most of the Beyond members out by offering a fair price instead of gouging them though... So yea, might need to reflect taxes and business expenses in the future then.

And usually those "cash" goes right back to other people with cash jobs: hookers, drug dealers, giving change to homeless ppl. (seems like you have to pre-state your context nowadays, this is SARCASM; I don't give hookers cash, just credit cards to build the reward points)

The other 99% I get paid as subcontract to bodyshops, insurance companies or dealerships or a main contractor... they write cheques, those are all traceable and filed.

derpderp
11-29-2010, 04:19 AM
punk ass busta bitch wanker jerk derp

ddduke
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Tomco, we're not talking about whether this guy is shady or not, or whether he has shit cars. Your argument is useless because noone knows anything about him or whether his cars are safe or not. All I said is that it's not our place to stick our noses in his business.

So you think that I should start calling in every vehicle I catch speeding because some speeders crash and may potentially kill my brother/mom/etc? You're really thinking outside the box with your argument.

roll_over
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Your using "key words" to change the opinion of swing voters nice try stay on topic. "Terrorism" "Al-qaeda" "9-11"

JimmyBurner
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Shitty backpeddling. You're making the most irrelevant, untruthful, pathetic assumption just to even have some ground to stand on. You're saying dealerships actually get what they deserve? Are you fucking trolling or what? Just last month someone made a thread about being sold an F150 that was welded together... what happened to those no good dealerships? What about a couple years back that guy who bought the "brand new" gti from SDS and found it got assraped in a sideswipe accident... what did he get from the dealership? I won't search because you're not worth it, but if I did i will find HUNDREDS of instances where dealerships sold vehicles that were welded/salvaged/flooded/burnt/theft damage/etc, and the customer couldn't do ANYTHING when they found it.

Do you know anything about the guy with the M plate? No? Okay, again, what BUSINESS is it of YOURS to take the time out of your day and RAT on some random guy who's car you were interested in? If you have a feeling that he's a "curber", then don't fucking buy from him. On to the next guy selling a car.

Please provide ANY factual evidence that someone died directly from a big bad curber repairing a car unsafely. Show me a lawsuit, a trial, a news article, anything, that proves someone died from a curbers car. I'm in the auto repair business and I have NEVER seen anyone put "covers" where the airbags go. Never. Have I seen shady ass work? Fuck yeah. Frames that weren't straightened right, doors that don't close properly, mismatched paint, etc, but nothing that made me say WOW that car is really unsafe to be on the roads.

The same way you want to assume that every curber is the devil, I can assume that every curber is just a normal guy selling normal cars that have nothing wrong with them, or were repaired properly. If that's the case, how would you feel when you snitched on him for no reason, and AMVIC came and tore his shit up, finding some bullshit technicality to make their trip worthwhile, and fucking his income up.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I always wondered what kind of people just sat at home waiting to rat on people and neighbors, and I'm glad you atleast showed me how those people think. Get a life, rat, you're not 7 anymore.

inline6turbo
11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
There's nothing really to be freaking out. I ran a dealership using no premise insurance from home. Its perfectly legit. I had a couple d plates as well. I also know several friends who do the same thing. As long as they're registered and licensed with amvic, its legit. And to get a d plate you need to prove you are.

max_boost
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow so this is where it all got started between Tomco and Jimmy :drama:

TomcoPDR
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh sorry man I didn’t know you were in the automotive industry as well dude, I guess that’s where your knowledge is coming from.

What do you specialize in dude? Hey why don’t you become a Beyond sponsor, share your expertise among the community and promote “your shop” or wherever you work. Unfortunately the site owner doesn’t like members “curbing” their services without paying their dues, HOWEVER, here’s what I’ll do and everyone can be my witness, you seem like you know what you’re doing… I’ll PAY the $250 for ONE month for your Beyond sponsorship to get you started. Rage2 and Kenny (owners) knows I’m good for the money.

What do you say man, we could use your professional services.

But you know me, I just can’t comprehend reality. Now, I’ve gathered that you’re not in the cosmetic/ mobile tech trade like PDR, detailing, tinting, windshield cause I would had already met your sorry ass you call life… And it can’t be tire and wheels neither because you’re too stupid to even pick your own set of rims OR to put them on properly.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2819164#post2819164
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/5.jpg

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2786439#post2786439
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/6.jpg

Maybe you work in the bodyshop field, but seeing you’re too stupid to know what an airbag “COVER” is, so I doubt you’re in bodywork… Yes, there are people out there who can duplicate the airbag interior trim piece “cover” (or the cover for the horn button on the steering wheel, but without a real functional airbag, you know to “make a few bucks”), the cover piece that usually has “airbag” engraved but without the actual airbag inside, making it a FAKE airbag unit with just the “cover” :facepalm: Honestly, if YOU are trolling fine, if this is really yourself just give up, do you even know how to obtain one of these FAKE interior trim “cover” (yes it’s a cover, moron), where it’s engraved “airbag” and it fits where the airbags would go? Please don’t answer this on here though (I’m looking out for you, doing you a favor)… Do you think I do? Will I tell you where, fuck no… why, cuz I’m not a snitch you little wiener.

I'm in the auto repair business and I have NEVER seen anyone put "covers" where the airbags go.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/100_4524.jpg
(this is a real airbag assembly, with “airbag” interior trim piece cover)

Ok that’s fine, this leaves it that you’re into the mechanical side of the “auto industry” But wait, if you’re in the mechanical business why would you ask Beyond to recommend an alignment shop? What, you don’t have connections?
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2819376#post2819376
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/4.jpg

Ok that’s fine too, not all mechanics have alignment racks, they’re not cheap… but asking Beyond how to retrofit a freakin’ battery? Are YOU kidding me you dumbass, you can’t even figure out how to upgrade a battery? WOW, just WOW. I don’t even need to come up with awesome insults like you, you’re doing all the work yourself.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2746796#post2746796
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/7.jpg

Ok that’s fine too, maybe “modifications” isn’t your thing, because you know, it’s hard to work on Japanese imports because some cars within the same model nowadays are JDM, some are USDM. But hey you don’t even have a PRESS???
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3395578#post3395578
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/1-1.jpg

I feel so sorry for you if you’re claiming to be in the “auto business” if you’re a mechanic that I’ll overlook your quest for turbo work.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251979&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/3.jpg

So you’re partially correct, I don’t know as much as what YOU are spewing out about “automotive”, but if you don’t specialize in any of those sectors, what do you do in the industry??? I’m just giving you benefit of doubt you’re not trying to bullshit your way through your arguments… But shit wait, what’s this I see… You’re a “beginner mechanic”… what the fuck is a beginner mechanic, like you’re in a 1st year apprenticeship at SAIT? Basically a punk ass bitch boy at the shop, don’t worry we’ve all been there sweeping floors, draining oil carts… I don’t know what’s more pathetic you asking for mechanical advice on Beyond, being a 1st year “beginner mechanic”, or you going off trying to sound like some expert with no research, proof, or merit. One thing if you’re offering your OPINION, completely different if you don’t even know what the hell you’re talking about, remember beginner mechanic.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3305453#post3305453]
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/2.jpg

I see you’re pretty lazy trying to prove your points, again, I don’t blame you for being on the bottom on the totem pole at the shop… You think I’m just against “curbers”… you’re so stupid… I’m talking about curbers have no responsibility nor liability to the SHIT that they sell (the ones that sell shitty vehicles)… dealerships, auto repair shops DO… you CRYING for some research from me? Unlike your lazy self, here they are.

This is a mechanic charged for brake repairs AS A PROFESSIONAL, people DIED because he didn’t do his job. Brakes, you know, the system that makes your vroom vroom slow down or stop. CRIMINAL repercussions.
http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/41628

You wanna talk about dealerships “not getting what they deserve”? You don’t read much do you? It’s obvious you don’t listen well in class neither cause you’re a horrible “beginner mechanic”… But here is a Mazda dealership in Ontario, both FINED by OMVIC (that’s like AMVIC, but in Ontario) for overcharging MSRP (not following fair trade practices)… and then shortly after, the manufacturer removed their dealership license agreement.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/303688/mazda-terminates-canadian-dealer-that-swindled-customer/
http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/816509--mazda-canada-terminates-agreement

Anyways I don’t expect you to understand all this because you’re still a beginner mechanic, it’s ok you’ll learn.

As for your “demeanor” I get it, I get you man… you’re trying to find your niche on here. You know, because it’s hard being the shop bitch cleaning gutters and sump pits so you need a place to vent out.

And I’m sure you’ll find your crew of supporters on here eating up that style you’re going for… Triumph the insult comic dog type of thing? Twists some key points, add some dumbass insults, then start rambling irrelevant things about yourself, but you’re saying it to the other person. Yes, I see it, and I applaud you for the efforts. Whether you’re a pretend moron or a real moron, please just stop your “act” or your real self. The only similarities between you, Triumph, Ed the sock is that you all sound like someone’s hand is up your ass while you spew your bullshit.

Please don’t reply to this though, I mean it when I say I actually DON’T want you banned… where the fuck else are you going to get your next automotive advice from? What’s the next mod on your 1991 SX, should you do your LHD to RHD conversion first, or install NOS. How to tune your NOS. Adjust your turbo boost.

sr20s14zenki
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
:rofl:
Ask for the bull you'll get the horns.

Like Renee said , its easy to be legit. If you aren't...what are you hiding?

G-ZUS
11-29-2010, 11:21 PM
*SNIP*

You go Tomco!

woovic
11-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by woovic

I did a bit more digging into the car and found out that the seller bought the vehicle from an auction. I guess my spidey senses were right, in the end my gut told me to walk away.

J.M.
11-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Tomco = :clap:

ndhal417
11-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I say report him, who does he think he is stealing business from us legitimate shady used car dealerships.

TomcoPDR
11-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Tomco, we're not talking about whether this guy is shady or not, or whether he has shit cars. Your argument is useless because noone knows anything about him or whether his cars are safe or not. All I said is that it's not our place to stick our noses in his business.

So you think that I should start calling in every vehicle I catch speeding because some speeders crash and may potentially kill my brother/mom/etc? You're really thinking outside the box with your argument.

Are you ready to have a constructive conversation? For the record, you started the name callings first (douche, self rightous prick) That's not cool at all.

I'll take a chance you're being serious now. Ok, I'll start. For one, your calling in every speeder can be rebuttaled with MADD is strongly against drunk drivers and encourage everyone to rat/snitch on drunks... Not all drunk drivers kill people and they still get around, but yea the RIGHT thing to do is to call in drunk drivers. Police have checkstops for drunk drivers. This technique is called PREVENTION.

Ok, let's move forward and have a mature conversation about this "goody do gooder" mind you own business bull about CURBERS.

For one, curbing is illegal. (so btw your example of businesses taking cash is useless too, taking cash isn't illegal, and YES not reporting it is... then call Revenue Canada on someone if you like, doens't mean you'll fuck them for life if CRA can't prove anything, even if they do they'll ask for corrective actions... same thing with a well planned curber, AMVIC got to PROVE someone is a curber first, they wouldn't get "fucked for life", if they're doing shit that 1 inquiry would fuck 'em back to the stone ages, they're definitely not doing something right)

To elborate your points constructively. "why don't you leave the curbers alone" "mind your own business"... Maybe we were thinking on the wrong level at the begining, but let's be on the same page...

Think for a moment where the curbers get their sources/products? And curbing doesn't include those "little guys" you're calling me a douche for, who buy a car from Beyond (retail buy), bargains a good price, drive it for a little while, polish it, tint it, change the oil, then sell it on kijiji for a little $500-$1000 profit. That's probably where you're coming from.

Curbing, TO ME, are people who cheat the proper business process in order to "make a buck" at WHATEVER THE CAUSE, and as long as it's at someone else's cost. So again, let's go back to where do curbers get their sources.

They can't get in at dealers auctions, because they're not dealers. And it's not profitable to purchase privately listed vehicles neither (i.e. from Beyond, craigslist, bargainfinder), these cars are usually already listed at market value, it's a tight squeeze buying from retail, and selling retail. And I'd applaud REAL curber if they can buy a car off Beyond, Kijiji, and still make a decent FULL-TIME living. (since you're accusing me to fuck his family's main income)

Ok, you have your public auctions. Those get so saturated that either you're actually overpaying for a shitbox because everybody's foreign uncles from different countries isn't familiar with our used car market and they start ridulous bidding wars with other uncles from other foreign countries, OR you actually are buying shitboxs. (not profitable)

This leaves the last possibility, where my opinions are formed, WITH industry proof, I really don't have time to provide research for now... The salvage auctions, insurance "write offs"... For one, new vehicle dealerships (with used lots) wouldn't need to nor want to touch these, not worth their time... So wholesale dealers, yea some might take a shot at it, they'll probably snap up the best deals cause they're usually friends with the salvage yards or have inside access (the ones least amount of work/money required)

This source of used vehicles is where a curber will make the highest profit margin, fixing the salvage or "write off" themselves. And there's a reason why they're salvaged or "written off" or total loss... (proper repairs excesses the cost of vehicle market value)

Which goes back to where my OPINIONS are from and what I think or know about curbing, being a NON-"beginner mechanic" (unlike Jimmy)...

Key points are: Source of product. Curbers make the most fixing salvaged titles, this is where the whole "fixing it safely and properly, what if they get into accident" is coming from... On top of that, it comes the responsiblity, moral, and liability. When a salvaged repair gets into an accident and seriously injurys (or deaths, no, people don't always die tho)... A dealership or auto repair shop with proper business licenses are liable... can be both financially (getting sued, but having business insurance) or criminal charges (mechanic not doing repairs properly)

When a curber puts together a salvaged vehicle, and don't fix the problem properly (why it became a salvage in the first place)... chances are you won't even find the curbers again, nor are they held with the same responsiblity/liability as a dealer; they know this, so they do it. Hence why you wouldn't hear much about these cases as private sales (what curbers disguise themselves as) are "as is, where is"

If you're still interested in having a mature, constructive debate about curbing, please listen to me when I say Jimmyburner has no fuckin' idea what he's talking about with salvage and what some curbers do... and just the NATURE of curbing. (like the nature of drunk drivers)

There are commonly agreed safety features and structure integrity a repaired salvage must meet. Not some ignorant ramble Jimmy is talking about...

If you want to get into specifics, I'm just repeating myself now:
- Usually salvage, the airbags deployed... Airbag replacements are usually $3,000 - $9,000... or you can actually get "fake" airbags (just the COVER trim piece) save and profit from that.
- Frame, this one is an obvious. Jimmy was saying he sees frames not being "straightened right"... come on (Jimmy) grow the fuck up... You think a frame not being straighten out "right" is SAFE? Legal?

Have I seen shady ass work? Fuck yeah. Frames that weren't straightened right,......but nothing that made me say WOW that car is really unsafe to be on the roads
- Being mature and get into specifics right... ok... Re-welding CRUMPLE zone, re-welding 2 subframes together... I'm not talking about re-welding a COSMESTIC quarter panel skin (a new skin), or shitty bodywork where a door doesn't close right cuz the hinge and latch aren't adjusted by a shitty tech... Or a side swipe where you can see poor paint work, was it T-boned?
- Again, please don't listen to Jimmy... He's talking about VISUALLY seeing frames not being straighten "right"... if you can SEE frames being off and thinking it's "alright, the guy's just trying to turn a buck", that's nerve wracking...
- Some bodyshops use sonic systems (computerized sound wave) to straighten frames, if the repairs are done PROPERLY, you can't "eyeball" the work being "off", they're so accurate you literally can't even walk around the system while it's measuring... You can't just hammer and pull a frame and spray undercoating and call it a day. That's why a vehicle was written off. http://www.blackhawkcr.com/measuring_systems/shark.asp
- Seatbelf restraints (the unit where it locks up your belt during an accident/sudden stop)... Usually in a collision (we're still talking about curbers buying salvaged vehicles for cheap and fixing it themselves to grab maximum profits) PENDING on the severity of the impact, these are designed to lock up and should be replaced. (throw away)... But what some people COULD do, is mess around with the pins and gears, spray a little WD-40, make the belt pull and retrack... Safety wise, dangerous as hell. A dealership, legit repair shop, won't and can't risk NOT replacing this. What's the point? (and read up on some articles where dealers and shops are charged and liable for their actions)

No, you don't know if "all curbers" sell shitty cars, you get a point there... It is the NATURE that they're sliding away from the responsiblity, integrity and liability on the vehicles they sell... It is the industry knowledge of where the SOURCE of their products are coming from... (you tell me, they can't get into dealer auctions, public auction is a mad house, there's no way there's enough profits if they buy from retail and sell to retail not enough suckers in the world... so where else are they getting their CURBED vehicles?)...

With that said, really like inline6turbo stated, you can still get a home occupation dealer license... The math I got was about $1,000-$2,000/year... Any legit "little guy" who are honest shouldn't have problem paying for this if this is their family's main source of income.

This is my opinion why I don't understand honest people who want to make a buck in car sales have to "curb"

Your turn.

TomcoPDR
11-30-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by ndhal417
I say report him, who does he think he is stealing business from us legitimate shady used car dealerships.

Actually, the thread got derailed, sorry... If someone has a "d" dealer plate, it's probably legit... Unless they're not using it probably.

know1edge
11-30-2010, 12:49 PM
You want to forget little Jimmy and have a "legitmate disccusion"? It's spelled legitimate discussion. You can start with that.
Good old spelling nazis.

http://i56.tinypic.com/10nbbtc.jpg

kbye
11-30-2010, 01:09 PM
For fuck's sake, no need to call him out on every goddamn thing he says or every spelling/grammar mistake he makes. Is he worth your time? Make your argument and move on.

THEMONK
11-30-2010, 07:11 PM

OK let's not get all Minority Report and sh!t.

Xtrema
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Thread need a new title: "Tomco's Christmas pwnage giveaway!"

:rofl:

chkolny541
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
wow that post must have taken a long time haha, game set match, jimmy better go hide your head in the sand

jaysas_63
11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
what a thread :rofl:

Toma
11-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Why can't people just mind their business??

Lets report EVERYONE for antyhing!

Hey, wasn't it "The Running Man":

"Report a loved one and earn extra credit" lmao.

It's the plague of western civilization... everyone is SOOO worried about what eeveryone else is doing lol.

If they aren't hurting anybody, leave them alone, and mind your business.

Toma
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Why can't people just mind their business??

Lets report EVERYONE for anything!

Hey, wasn't it "The Running Man":

"Report a loved one and earn extra credit" lmao.

It's the plague of western civilization... everyone is SOOO worried about what eeveryone else is doing lol.

If they aren't hurting anybody, leave them alone, and mind your business.
Holy fuck... The Running Man... now I GOTTA watch it...

You BETTER report me, cause I MAY JUST DOWNLOAD it, and maybe even illegally, instead of watching the VHS copy I own.

Quick!!! For the sake of your CHILDREN!!

:dunno: :poosie: :rofl:

sr20s14zenki
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Holy fuck... The Running Man... now I GOTTA watch it...

You BETTER report me, cause I MAY JUST DOWNLOAD it, and maybe even illegally, instead of watching the VHS copy I own.

Quick!!! For the sake of your CHILDREN!!

:dunno: :poosie: :rofl: :rofl:

JimmyBurner
11-30-2010, 11:05 PM
cool story bro

LOL wow this just pretty much sums up how much of a fucking loser rat snitch you are. I'll keep this short because I have shit to do, unlike you I don't have an internet repuation to maintain, so 10 second refreshes and 3 page posts are not necessary for me.

You, a grown ass man, took the fucking time out of your day to actually look up my username and orchestrate a super cool 6000 word post, which probably took you ATLEAST 15 minutes, while I, a "punk ass bitch boy shop hand" haven't bothered to check the thread until now. Right away this puts up warning flags about the spare time you have on your hands, as a "successful cosmetic/mobile tech", compared to me, a "punk ass shop bitch". You're not shit, you pull out dents for a living. Yeah, I'm in the auto repair industry. Yeah, I'm a shop bitch, but atleast I know I'm working my fucking ass off to be something. Everyone starts somewhere, difference between me and you is the pinnacle of my career won't be buying a $500 hail puller from ebay and subleasing a piece of my land to some girl doing details. You think you're smart because you get jewed for some stupid fee every month to be a forum sponsor on BEYOND? I bet you the admins laugh there asses off at your stupidity, who the fuck do you expect to attract on Beyond? Please, tell me who, from beyond, has used your services, insurance paid or not? Give me a rough number or estimate. Keep running around making Beyond decals and keychains.

Now, if you could overcome those ovewhelming symptoms of down syndrome and mental retardation, and look at the dates of those posts, even your snitch ass could figure out that there's been a decent amount of time that has passed sinse I made those posts. About 2 years. I enrolled in SAIT around that time, and I'm 2 years into the program. I'm humble enough to respect people who know more than me, so I call myself a beginner mechanic. In reality, I probably know 10x more about auto repair than your stupid ass, and like I said, I've never ever seen someone just put the airbag cover back in place without installing an airbag. If it gets done, I haven't seen it. When I say bent frames, I don't mean I just LOOKED at the frame and declared it bent you fucking autistic imbicile. I mean it was bent when it was put on a frame machine. Maybe you're hanging around the wrong type of mechanics if they're doing shit like that.

Honestly, I feel embarrassed for even spending the 5 minutes on a response this long, but your post was so fucking STUPID and POINTLESS, I had to. 15 minutes of your creepy ass research, and you came up with what? I needed turbo help, I didn't have a press, and 2 irrelevant, pointless articles that have NOTHING to do with what we are talking about? You fucking moron, I asked you to post examples, or ANY proof, of curbers selling a cars that hurt or killed someone because they weren't repaired properly. You posted an article about some noob mechanic who didn't know how to do brakes, and some dealership overcharging for a car? Are you fucking retarded? How the fuck do you put your pants on in the morning? Those articles have NOTHING to do with this issue.

Like J-hop said, it's sad that I even have to take this tone with you, but some people deserve no respect. You're a RAT. You're a SNITCH. You have nothing better to do than to worry about how grown men make a living. Mind your own fucking business. The reality is that these guys are selling normal cars, and it takes COMMON SENSE to avoid getting ripped off. Carproof, information report, mechanic inspection. Done and done. If you have a feeling that they "curb" cars, move on. If you buy a fucking car that was buttfucked in the states and welded together from 4 different cars, then you deserve to get ripped off. If you knew anything about anything, you wouldn't have even told your little buddy to be an informant in the first place, because if they have an M plate, that means they are ALREADY REGISTERED with AMVIC. Get a fucking life man. Don't prance around like your hot shit because you get jewed for $300 every month to have a custom user title and you get 2 customers a year out of it. Nobody cares if you make cool Beyond.ca keychains or t-shirts, you don't even work for Beyond or get anything out of it. Get a life man, if you put this type of effort into your internet reputation because I exposed you as a snitch, I'd hate to see how much effort you put into snitching itself. The AMVIC department has 18 employees currently, but they need 31 to achieve their enforcement goals for next year. Go put in a resume, I for one will surely vouch for you as a piece of shit low life rat.

TE4MFaint
11-30-2010, 11:09 PM

LOL wow this just pretty much sums up how much of a fucking loser rat snitch you are. I'll keep this short because I have shit to do, unlike you I don't have an internet repuation to maintain, so 10 second refreshes and 3 page posts are not necessary for me.

You, a grown ass man, took the fucking time out of your day to actually look up my username and orchestrate a super cool 6000 word post, which probably took you ATLEAST 15 minutes, while I, a "punk ass bitch boy shop hand" haven't bothered to check the thread until now. Right away this puts up warning flags about the spare time you have on your hands, as a "successful cosmetic/mobile tech", compared to me, a "punk ass shop bitch". You're not shit, you pull out dents for a living. Yeah, I'm in the auto repair industry. Yeah, I'm a shop bitch, but atleast I know I'm working my fucking ass off to be something. Everyone starts somewhere, difference between me and you is the pinnacle of my career won't be buying a $500 hail puller from ebay and subleasing a piece of my land to some girl doing details. You think you're smart because you get jewed for some stupid fee every month to be a forum sponsor on BEYOND? I bet you the admins laugh there asses off at your stupidity, who the fuck do you expect to attract on Beyond? Please, tell me who, from beyond, has used your services, insurance paid or not? Give me a rough number or estimate. Keep running around making Beyond decals and keychains.

Now, if you could overcome those ovewhelming symptoms of down syndrome and mental retardation, and look at the dates of those posts, even your snitch ass could figure out that there's been a decent amount of time that has passed sinse I made those posts. About 2 years. I enrolled in SAIT around that time, and I'm 2 years into the program. I'm humble enough to respect people who know more than me, so I call myself a beginner mechanic. In reality, I probably know 10x more about auto repair than your stupid ass, and like I said, I've never ever seen someone just put the airbag cover back in place without installing an airbag. If it gets done, I haven't seen it. When I say bent frames, I don't mean I just LOOKED at the frame and declared it bent you fucking autistic imbicile. I mean it was bent when it was put on a frame machine. Maybe you're hanging around the wrong type of mechanics if they're doing shit like that.

Honestly, I feel embarrassed for even spending the 5 minutes on a response this long, but your post was so fucking STUPID and POINTLESS, I had to. 15 minutes of your creepy ass research, and you came up with what? I needed turbo help, I didn't have a press, and 2 irrelevant, pointless articles that have NOTHING to do with what we are talking about? You fucking moron, I asked you to post examples, or ANY proof, of curbers selling a cars that hurt or killed someone because they weren't repaired properly. You posted an article about some noob mechanic who didn't know how to do brakes, and some dealership overcharging for a car? Are you fucking retarded? How the fuck do you put your pants on in the morning? Those articles have NOTHING to do with this issue.

Like J-hop said, it's sad that I even have to take this tone with you, but some people deserve no respect. You're a RAT. You're a SNITCH. You have nothing better to do than to worry about how grown men make a living. Mind your own fucking business. The reality is that these guys are selling normal cars, and it takes COMMON SENSE to avoid getting ripped off. Carproof, information report, mechanic inspection. Done and done. If you have a feeling that they "curb" cars, move on. If you buy a fucking car that was buttfucked in the states and welded together from 4 different cars, then you deserve to get ripped off. If you knew anything about anything, you wouldn't have even told your little buddy to be an informant in the first place, because if they have an M plate, that means they are ALREADY REGISTERED with AMVIC. Get a fucking life man. Don't prance around like your hot shit because you get jewed for $300 every month to have a custom user title and you get 2 customers a year out of it. Nobody cares if you make cool Beyond.ca keychains or t-shirts, you don't even work for Beyond or get anything out of it. Get a life man, if you put this type of effort into your internet reputation because I exposed you as a snitch, I'd hate to see how much effort you put into snitching itself. The AMVIC department has 18 employees currently, but they need 31 to achieve their enforcement goals for next year. Go put in a resume, I for one will surely vouch for you as a piece of shit low life rat.

cool story bro.

calgarydub
12-01-2010, 01:10 AM
u mad bro?

I rarely chime in but you got fucking OWNED by tomco, a productive member of beyond who does a whole hell of a lot more for this website and community than you ever fucking will.

You really made a bad name for yourself REALLY quickly, which makes me wonder why are you still here?

I would say you're trolling but your comebacks aren't even funny, especially since they all end in "rat, snitch." I feel bad for you, you know, so bad I get that chill up my spine..

Time to be the bigger man and stfu because you aren't winning this one.

oh yeah, this is me jumping on the bandwagon, is that okay, or are you going to tell me how lame my jokes are?

Disoblige
12-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Reading JimmyBurner's post reminds me of those "See these fucking delicious apples?" type pictures we see every now and then. Except it's not funny.

sjaswal
12-01-2010, 02:04 AM
jimmy probably got snitched on burning down some garages or something

takkyu
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
inb4:closed:

:clap:

boarderfatty
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I have been to salvage auctions and dealt with curbers. I have sold airbag covers to many people who I assume are just going to cover a missing airbag. I have seen people with D or M plates who have them for purposes other than operating a dealership but use them to try and give their curbing a legitimate image. Hell you don't even have to go to a salvage auction. I have seen a bunch of cheaper cars who's owners obv. did not have collision, and instead of filing a police report and having their car written off, will sell their clean vin car to a curber to fix and sell as an accident free car.

There are curbers who are honest sellers, but there are many who aren't. Other people can make a living selling cars while being licensed by AMVIC and I don't see how it is fair to anyone with an AMVIC license for people to curb cars without one.

If I was in the OP's situation I would not necessarily RAT or SNITCH on the seller, but a simple enquiry as to why this seller has am M plate would be smart.

As for Jimmy if he is a respectable mechanic working at a respectable shop he should have a little more respect for the AMVIC designation and legitimate shops doing legitimate work

Just my 2cents