PDA

View Full Version : Applied Energy Economics

mina_03
11-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Hey guys,

... I posted a similar post in the campus chat section and had no reply so I thought I should try my luck here. I am currently scheduled to graduate in spring and I noticed that I'm only missing 4 classes to graduate with the applied energy economics concentration (323, 327,329 and 427). My problem is that I am currently in the combined degree stream in hasakyne (accounting) and economics. I am wondering if in the long run it is worth it staying and completing the 4 classes?

yourmom
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Yes. Based entirely on a more is better basis.

Would it benefit your desired career? If yes, finish it.

JBreaks
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
A degree (or two for that matter) is only a ticket to an interview. Legit knowledge and experience will actually have you signing the dotted line. IMO 6 months of experience will beat 4 courses of ultimately useless information.

JDMMAN
12-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Depending on your career path, the knowledge gained from these classes could be extremely beneficial to your position.

mina_03
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! I've gotten mixed answers mostly on this subject. As far as now, I know that I really don't want to be an accountant for the rest of my life although I do plan on getting the CMA designation. Somewhere down the line I want to move away towards energy management or something related..