PDA

View Full Version : Mobile forum app support

brad_mor
11-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Admins,

Can you look into adding Tapatalk support to the forums? Its free and supports all major smartphones.

Its so much easier to view forums that use tapatalk, and you can even make a beyond.ca app for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia.

Did I mention that its FREE!

http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

benyl
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
doubt it. It would involve upgrading to newer version of Vbulletin.

roopi
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by benyl
doubt it. It would involve upgrading to newer version of Vbulletin.

Is there a downside to that? :dunno:

brad_mor
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Is there a downside to that? :dunno:

I agree... the forums have not been updated in the ~5 years I've been here, and its starting to look really dated compared to many other forums I frequent.

flamboyant
11-28-2010, 01:17 PM
This was suggested many times in the past. Too avoid extra server costs, admins decided not to update vbulletin, in which not supporting many plugins such as Tapatalk.. I think thats how it went down lol :dunno:

Besides, I like this version of vbulletin, its simple and easy to use. :)

brad_mor
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
The new versions are even easier to use. You can see your post with formatting as you're making it instead of doing it all in vB code and previewing after...

This version is terrible for posting from a mobile device with the way it is laid out. Too much zooming in and out. The search showed nothing for Tapatalk so I thought it was worth raising as a suggestion.

evoXfan
11-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah mobile support is needed when I'm bored at work and don't want beyond page on my screen lol