PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of Corvette's?

Pages : [1] 2

InRich
11-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Personally I am in love with their design, and I have been wanting one for years...

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/CHEVROLET/CORVETTE/CALGARY/Alberta/19_3152290_/

This one caught my eye, and I am considering making an offer on it. I want to know your guy's opinions, stories you've heard about their reliability, etc. I just need your guy's opinions, good or bad. I've seen 08+ Z06's for the same price, so I will be haggling with him. I'm also tossing the idea of going with an 2010 Grandsport convertable.

xxviet
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
the car looks pretty clean, im not a huge fan of corvettes but this one looks good. i dont really like their fisher price interior though :'(

A790
11-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Beautiful car. The recent Corvette design is absolutely my favourite.

Graham_A_M
11-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Go for a Z06. With merely bolt ons, you can sport idiotic HP gains. Having a drop top is WICKED, but then again, so is having a 500++ hp plus daily driver that still gets great fuel economy. :)
If Kloubek is still selling his C5, I'd get that in a heartbeat, short of that, source a C6 Z06 on ebay.
But yeah Id pick up that car you mentioned, its not a bad deal at all!

Barlow
11-29-2010, 12:50 AM
sex!

Jlude
11-29-2010, 12:53 AM
I recognize the house and car, that's a close friend. He bought the car because his father in law was a corvette guy, he thought he might enjoy it. He's also got a r35 GTR and a 91 300ZX with well over 100k into it.

InRich
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
I recognize the house and car, that's a close friend. He bought the car because his father in law was a corvette guy, he thought he might enjoy it. He's also got a r35 GTR and a 91 300ZX with well over 100k into it.

he beat it up at all? or treat it like a baby? why doesnt he enjoy it?

KEEP THE OPINIONS COMING, this means alot to me... and Im seriously considering that car. providing the price is right, 65k is way too high.... besides, these cars will be cheaper in 2011

M.alex
11-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I like my z06. I'd buy another. But don't buy that one - way overpriced. (I think it was also for sale last year? I recognize the pictures)

Buying a new corvette is idiotic. Buying a used corvette is smart with how they depreciate.

Jlude
11-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I haven't talked to him since I moved from CGY, but I know he's a true car guy and already has 4 other vehicles, (two Infiniti's for daily drivers) yes, he's a Nissan guy.

I highly doubt he beat on the car, he's super anal about his cars. i.e. We rebuilt his 300ZX, and because he was "unsure" that we did a good job, he paid someone to tear it apart and rebuild it again.

KO22
11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
^ lol wow..

corsvette
11-29-2010, 01:32 AM
I had the pleasure of driving a C6 Z06, all in all one of the best performance bargains you will find anywhere, even cars 2x as much $ have trouble matching the all out performance this vette offers. The powertrains are sinple and very durable and take well to mods. 25-30 mpg highway is nice too.

If i were you i would give serious thought to the Grand Sport, its all the great stuff from the Z06 and a few bits from the ZR1 in one package. It will also fetch more money down the road as production is limited.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Shlade
11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I love corvettes.. But thats way overpriced.

Buy cheaper and used.

Skrilla
11-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
I love corvettes.. But thats way overpriced.

Buy cheaper and used.

Agreed...I know of an 08 with 9k for less than that...Canadian car as well.

Kloubek
11-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah Graham, I'm still selling mine but I've chosen to wait and ask for more in the spring. Mine is a great deal for someone who wants an older one, but he looks to be buying newer.

Still, it is a similar car, so I can tell you the straight goods about Vettes.

First, they are great cars. You're going to be hard pressed to find another car with similar performance for the price. If performance is all you are really after, then I'd say buy one for sure.

Pros: Best performance for the dollar, period. Look great (though not everyone are fans). Body panels don't rust, don't dent. You get to ask the wife "Shall we take the 'vette tonight?". lol The targa top is AWESOME in the summer. Goes on and off in a snap, and is almost as good as a convertible without the noise and requirement to replace the top in a few years.

Cons: Even in their latest form, they provide substandard accomodations for the money. The interior materials are by far below standard for such an expensive vehicle. While they do use leather, etc, they just don't stand up properly and don't compare. For that matter, you get domestic quality throughout; mechanicals, electronics, etc. While improved over the last few years, this will generally mean more issues over time than with imports. Some parts are very reasonable, but others (the ones that make it a performance vehicle - such as tires) are very expensive. You sit very low in these cars - not everyone is a fan of this. Obviously, this is not a winter vehicle. (Mine won't even move out of the driveway, and I need to get it back in the garage!)

And it's a pro and con, depending on how you look at it, but people STARE at you in a Corvette. At first it's kinda neat, but gets annoying (for me) quickly.

Another pro and con is the gas mileage. If you drive it nice, it actually returns *exceptional* fuel economy for such a large engine. However, put your foot into it, and mileage becomes pretty dismal. I suppose that is true of most cars though....

But again, bottom line: If you're really just after performance, it is hard to get better for the money.

bastardchild
11-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Bring one out of the states. You only have to pay 5% tax since its american.

JordanLotoski
11-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Awww come on...ZR1 don't they have killer deals on 2010's right now?
:D

http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels/gallery/vehicle/Corvette_Z06_ADV8_TS.php

InRich
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the replay's they mean alot... if hes willing to let it for the amount Im thinking, I'll go ahead and purchase it, and have it towed on a flat bed to my new place.

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 12:17 PM
As an owner of my second C5 convertible all I got to say is I can't stand them.

M.alex
11-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by THEMONK

I didn't know you post on Beyond ..... haha, I thought you were only that nazi site (corvetteforum).

Damn bastards keep banning me.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/cf.jpg

X_EVO_X
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
That blue is sick. That car would be a blast.

CapnCrunch
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I like Corvettes but the fact that every owner is a 55 year old bald man really turns me off of them.

max_boost
11-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Definitely a hot color.

What would be a fair price on it if $65K is considered too high?

Redlyne_mr2
11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
I would only ever go with a z06.

InRich
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM

wanna tell us all why?

Orbie
11-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I've driven a few C6 Corvettes and I think Kloubek hit it on the head. Bang for your buck you'd be hard pressed to find anything comparable, but part of that is because they depreciate so rapidly (which could be a concern for you). Either way, if you're looking for a track car or are just out for performance, hell of a bargain. But seeing as your other car is a BMW you're going to cry everytime you get inside the car. When people/magazines talk about the sub-par interior, they aren't joking, it's what you would expect in GM's base cars (I guess that's why the ad you posted has one shot of the interior and it's from behind through the hatch). The other thing I hated was the seats don't hold you at all for a car with this much performance potential. It's really like it was made for a car buying audience of fat balding old guys who care more about comfort and looking cool. I did love the low seat position though, really connects you with the road, and the sounds from the V8 :love:

xrayvsn
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Definitely a hot color.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/228281-fs-07-z06-8300mi-stock.html

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

I didn't know you post on Beyond ..... haha, I thought you were only that nazi site (corvetteforum).

Hahaha, I got banned there in July for 1 month because a douche bag was putting down Canada so I called him an asshole, then I got into it with a mod via PM so he gave me another 5 months. My ban is up Jan 23, 2011 9 pm.

:thumbsup:

M.alex
11-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Definitely a hot color.

I wouldn't pay anymore than 55 for it.

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by InRich

wanna tell us all why?

I was just kidding buddy, I love them, I will always have at least one in my stable.

Kloubek
11-29-2010, 01:28 PM

wanna tell us all why?

I think he was being sarcastic? :dunno:

Jlude
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/automobiles-sale/228281-fs-07-z06-8300mi-stock.html

yup... you can get that up here for a lot less than 65k

Damn, even this thread is starting to get me curious about a vette.

[Yu]
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I like Corvettes but the fact that every owner is a 55 year old bald man really turns me off of them.

Do you like Lexus or Jaguars?

InRich
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM

I wouldn't pay anymore than 55 for it.

Nope aint going too. I was thinking right around 50. I want a KM car. If I wanted a miles car, I'd go on ebay, and get it EVEN CHEAPER.

Kloubek
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
You DO know that the speedo and odo click over with a push of a single button right? My car reads in kms any time I want it to.

If I was in the market, I wouldn't hesitate to buy in the states.

corsvette
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Also check out the CANADIAN Corvette forum @ canadiancorvetteforums.com, a small community of mostly C5 and C6 owners, lots of guys with modded cars on there and a forum sponsor who has a very good reputation as a performance guru. If you do buy one join the local Corvette club (don't worry there are quite a few younger guys) They have several slalom events each year which are a blast, all in all its a great club with a wide range of cars and tons of cruise nights and trips throughout the Vette season.

CapnCrunch
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by [Yu]

Do you like Lexus or Jaguars?

Not in particular.....

Why?

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM

I dont get it, they are banning you for being overly sensitive?

Kloubek
11-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Ha - that's right. Double negative = positive.

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Sounds to me like if you could be more of a dick, you would get unbanned!

Strider
11-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Iceman_19

I dont get it, they are banning you for being overly sensitive?

That describes 2efn to a 'T'

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Strider

That describes 2efn to a 'T'

I dont know him, but I am sensing some internet sarcasm.:rofl:

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Sounds to me like if you could be more of a dick, you would get unbanned!

If you spent any amount of time over there you'd understand, for the most part that forum is filled with typical American egotistical know nothings who put down everybody from every country but themselves. I made it my mission to light them up like the Fourth of July every chance I got, I got under their skin like nobody's business.

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM

If you spent any amount of time over there you'd understand, for the most part that forum is filled with typical American egotistical know nothings who put down everybody from every country but themselves. I made it my mission to light them up like the Fourth of July every chance I got, I got under their skin like nobody's business.

Oh believe me I know EXACTLY what you mean. You know of a user on there, goes by the name Drumhawk?

I have met him in person. He is actually that retarded.

M.alex
11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Long story short of why I got banned:

- Female heffalump (350+lbs) killed in her corvette by dangerously driving during the rain (police report said dangerous driving, etc.. etc..) during a test drive with a potential buyer

- Turns out heffalump was a member of corvetteforum

- People all of a sudden start expressing their e-prayers for her and her family

- 4 or 5 pages of e-prayers

I post this:

"I guess the universe is finally enforcing one of its policies"

http://thezaz.nationallampoon.com/files/2010/01/no-fatties-253x300.jpg

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Can I buy you a beer?

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 04:54 PM

Oh believe me I know EXACTLY what you mean. You know of a user on there, goes by the name Drumhawk?

I have met him in person. He is actually that retarded.

No I don't, I just usually hung out in OT, the Cx General was just too boring, people were always asking "What's the best color" or "What type of floormats should I buy" blah, blah, blah. I don't think this Drumhawk dude has ever been in OT. I've been on CF for over 4 years now and I was just 60 posts shy of 20K before I got sent on vacation. I hang out a bit on Vette Barn, that's where all the banned camp people go, it's small, new and new threads and posts don't happen as much as on CF but it's fun because Iron Chef who got perma banned is a mod in there and he likes to start CF bashing threads.

CMW403
11-29-2010, 04:56 PM

- Female heffalump (350+lbs) killed in her corvette by dangerously driving during the rain (police report said dangerous driving, etc.. etc..) during a test drive with a potential buyer

- People all of a sudden start expressing their e-prayers for her and her family

I post this:

:rofl:

If beyond moderated that strictly you would have been banned 100 times over.

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM

I post this:

I remember that thread, you got lambasted for some remarks. Everybody was saying how dumb she was for taking off the TC and giving her the gears for crashing a vette and once they found out she was a member (only 10 posts and last date of activity was like a year ago) they were all "so sorry" blah, blah, blah. I think I even commented on your post. I must say however some topics are kinda taboo when it comes to making smart ass remarks and a death (member or not) is one of them, you have to chose the proper time and place.

corsvette
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/263izv5.jpg

Because i had NO idea what it was nor ever heard of a "Heffalump" here's a pic for other dummies like myself.:D

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 05:11 PM

No I don't, I just usually hung out in OT, the Cx General was just too boring, people were always asking "What's the best color" or "What type of floormats should I buy" blah, blah, blah. I don't think this Drumhawk dude has ever been in OT. I've been on CF for over 4 years now and I was just 60 posts shy of 20K before I got sent on vacation. I hang out a bit on Vette Barn, that's where all the banned camp people go, it's small, new and new threads and posts don't happen as much as on CF but it's fun because Iron Chef who got perma banned is a mod in there and he likes to start CF bashing threads.

If you ever get back on there, search his username. Or, visit www.vancouverfbody.com, go to the lounge, you will see a stickied thread just for his stupidity. I think the post is over 60 pages. He posts a lot of stupid shit.

C4S
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I like them actually, kind of like that style.. (well, and most important, girls love Vettes! :D )

Few times, I almost bought one .. untill I test drove it... :dunno:

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 05:46 PM

If you ever get back on there, search his username. Or, visit www.vancouverfbody.com, go to the lounge, you will see a stickied thread just for his stupidity. I think the post is over 60 pages. He posts a lot of stupid shit.

I'm reading it now, this guy lives in Kelowna?

Iceman_19
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM

I'm reading it now, this guy lives in Kelowna?

No, he lives in the lower mainland, he used to live up there with his mom. Now he lives in the lower mainland with his mom.

M.alex
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM

I remember that thread, you got lambasted for some remarks. Everybody was saying how dumb she was for taking off the TC and giving her the gears for crashing a vette and once they found out she was a member (only 10 posts and last date of activity was like a year ago) they were all "so sorry" blah, blah, blah. I think I even commented on your post. I must say however some topics are kinda taboo when it comes to making smart ass remarks and a death (member or not) is one of them, you have to chose the proper time and place.

Internet - serious business for sure :D

The time before that I got banned for a month because a member put 345/18 tires on his c5 z05 and they stuck outl ike 4'' past the fender.

EVerybody was like 'OMFG! That looks AWESOME!' and I got banned for writting 'Sorry, that much tire bulge is absolutely retarded; not to mention the amount of stones you'll be chucking at the bodywork'

Jlude
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by C4S
I like them actually, kind of like that style.. (well, and most important, girls love Vettes! :D )

Few times, I almost bought one .. untill I test drove it... :dunno:

I've yet to drive one, but I love almost anything with a Targa roof.

THEMONK
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Internet - serious business for sure :D

The time before that I got banned for a month because a member put 345/18 tires on his c5 z05 and they stuck outl ike 4'' past the fender.

EVerybody was like 'OMFG! That looks AWESOME!' and I got banned for writting 'Sorry, that much tire bulge is absolutely retarded; not to mention the amount of stones you'll be chucking at the bodywork'

Yeah I don't think you're allowed to use the word "retard" or "retarded", I think one of the mods has a "mentally handicapped" child. :rolleyes:

01RedDX
11-29-2010, 07:57 PM

soloracer
11-29-2010, 08:06 PM
I think the Z06 Corvette is OK but not the best bang for the buck at the moment. That title goes to the Porsche 996 Turbo. You can pick them up for $40k at the moment and with a simple ECU flash be making more power than the Z06. Put another $10k in and you have 700 hp. An added bonus is that it's AWD and I'm driving mine this winter with no problems at all.

dimi
11-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Some insecure people in this thread. Get a BMW instead.

Never driven a corvette but I would love to own a Z06 someday. It's hard to argue with a 7.0L.

Problem with the 911 turbo is that if something goes wrong you'd be out a lot of money. No?

soloracer
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Some insecure people in this thread. Get a BMW instead.

Never driven a corvette but I would love to own a Z06 someday. It's hard to argue with a 7.0L.

Problem with the 911 turbo is that if something goes wrong you'd be out a lot of money. No?

No different than many sports cars - check the transmission cost on the GTR for example. Fortunately, the 996 Turbo uses the Metzger engine which has been hard tested in 24 hour race duty in the GT1 program and is nearly bulletproof. The car doesn't have too many weak points. I have been really impressed with mine.

M.alex
11-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by soloracer

The car doesn't have too many weak points.

But it doesn't have a V8. That's a pretty big weak point :burnout:

soloracer
11-30-2010, 02:12 AM

But it doesn't have a V8. That's a pretty big weak point :burnout:

It's got something better....a turbocharged flat six. ;)

Jlude
11-30-2010, 02:23 AM

It's got something better....a turbocharged flat six. ;)

I just can't get past the 996 headlights....

soloracer
11-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

I just can't get past the 996 headlights....

To be honest, I never thought I would get past them either. But now I don't mind nearly as much as I used to. I guess they grow on you. For the record, I don't like the headlights on a C6 either. I think the C5 was a better looking car.

Tuner1
11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I would drive a nice C6 Z06 or ZR1 :)

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/rl/C6Z06_ADV101BLKf.jpg

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/rl/C6Z06_ADV53pc2020bF.jpg

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/rl/C6ZR1_HREP40b_1920fq.jpg

THEMONK
11-30-2010, 10:46 AM
The Z06 and ZR-1 are the best performance bargains bar none, nothing from the factory that costs just as much or less will touch either one of them.

Jlude
11-30-2010, 01:34 PM

To be honest, I never thought I would get past them either. But now I don't mind nearly as much as I used to. I guess they grow on you. For the record, I don't like the headlights on a C6 either. I think the C5 was a better looking car.

I guess with a good stance/rims I could hope to see past them.

I'll stick to the 993 for now.

leftwing
11-30-2010, 02:31 PM
you can get a 03/04 cobra with less than 20,000 kms for less than $30,000. put $5,000 into it and beat a Z06....and still have 25 grand to spend.

Iceman_19
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
The Z06 and ZR-1 are the best performance bargains bar none, nothing from the factory that costs just as much or less will touch either one of them.

Thats BS. I can out bench race anybody for far cheaper. I am the fastest on the internet.

Kloubek
11-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
you can get a 03/04 cobra with less than 20,000 kms for less than $30,000. put $5,000 into it and beat a Z06....and still have 25 grand to spend.

Maybe 10g into it if you're considering a supercharger. (Which is the only reasonable way to get enough performance gain for it to beat a z06) Then you can drop another 10g into the suspension and tires to get the handling even in the same ballpark as the Corvette's. So now you only have an extra 10g to spend, and you're stuck with a Mustang instead of a Corvette - which is the much more interesting car.

No thanks. :thumbsdow

arian_ma
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Isn't the Cobra supercharged from factory?

Corvettes are sick cars but I really think it depends on what you want it for. The stigma of the car is, as someone said earlier, balding, middle aged, mid-life crisis, etc.

If you don't care about that, then there is no debate! Personally though, for the money I would choose a 996 TT as well. It's not the prettiest looking car, but man does it go...

M.alex
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

he meant changing the stock Eaton to a Whipple or KB

JordanLotoski
11-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Buy a Porsche, youll be alot happier

M.alex
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
Buy a Porsche, youll be alot happier

Depends on what you want. I hated my 996 and will never own another porsche again (other than something cool like a 962 or 917) ... if you want 600+ torque, rwd, cheap to insure and repair, domestic V8 is the way to go :burnout:

Shlade
11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
lol how could you possibly compare a 03-04 cobra to a corvette?

I love my cobras and want one bad but id take a vette over a cobra any day. No amount of suspension mods are going to make my mustang handle as good as a corvette.

soloracer
11-30-2010, 05:10 PM

Depends on what you want. I hated my 996 and will never own another porsche again (other than something cool like a 962 or 917) ... if you want 600+ torque, rwd, cheap to insure and repair, domestic V8 is the way to go :burnout:

Did you have the turbo? If not you will find it's a much better car...more power, fewer problems, etc.

I like a high revving v8 engine like the Ferrari's or even a well done LS1. The big block in the Z06 sounds like a flatulant cow to me. Even a nice 302 Ford sounds better.

The other issue is what they are like to drive. I drove a C6 and it was like driving a plastic dildo....and a cheap one at that. The hood stretched out a mile in front of the driver and it rattled and squeeked like a dog chew toy. I also drove a C6 Z06 and while it was better than the regular C6 I wasn't nearly as impressed with the power as I expected to be. No doubt they are quick cars but for the same money I would take the Porsche Turbo every time. It's just a better car all around and more practical too.

94boosted
11-30-2010, 05:38 PM

Corvettes are sick cars but I really think it depends on what you want it for. The stigma of the car is, as someone said earlier, balding, middle aged, mid-life crisis, etc.

I think this is something that will change within the next few years as vette's become more and more affordable especially the C5 & C6 Z06's more and more young guys will begin to buy them.

For my next vehcile I have seriously been thinking about getting a C5 Z06 and an something like an FJ Cruiser for winter both can be had for 50k combined.

shakalaka
11-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Get a Viper instead. You can find some for similar price as the Vette in your orginal post on Kijiji, albeit it'll be a little older. They may not be as fast (not that far off) but they deff have the exclusivity factor.

M.alex
11-30-2010, 06:08 PM

Did you have the turbo? If not you will find it's a much better car...more power, fewer problems, etc.

I like a high revving v8 engine like the Ferrari's or even a well done LS1. The big block in the Z06 sounds like a flatulant cow to me. Even a nice 302 Ford sounds better.

The other issue is what they are like to drive. I drove a C6 and it was like driving a plastic dildo....and a cheap one at that. The hood stretched out a mile in front of the driver and it rattled and squeeked like a dog chew toy. I also drove a C6 Z06 and while it was better than the regular C6 I wasn't nearly as impressed with the power as I expected to be. No doubt they are quick cars but for the same money I would take the Porsche Turbo every time. It's just a better car all around and more practical too.

Not a turbo model - although I've heard similar comments (turbo is night and day difference).

To be fair, you said my cobra sounded like a lawn tractor on steroids, so clearly you need to work on V8-taste :D

I also agree with your C6Z comments - I drove one and didn't overly like the interior and wasn't overly wowed by the power. Personally I prefer my C5Z (heads/cam/intake/exhaust/tune/longtubes) to a C6Z - it feels rawer and just a better car. Not to mention the looks - c6z looks kind of bulky from certain angles, c5z looks like sex.

THEMONK
11-30-2010, 06:33 PM

If you don't care about that, then there is no debate! Personally though, for the money I would choose a 996 TT as well. It's not the prettiest looking car, but man does it go...

I see more 996TT's on the road than C6 Z06's and ZR-1's combined. 911 T's were once hallowed ground but now I see a lot of potsies driving them which kinda sours my taste for them (although they still are in my top 5 favs of all time, I love me my 911 turbo).

racerjim
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I agree, i had 25K to spend and now there's a viper in my garage, everyone has a vette. But people stop for pics with a viper. its an insane ride, like it or not but a vette is just a corvette, but a viper is a supercar.

shakalaka
11-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Where'd you get a viper for 25k? What year?

InRich
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
update, soooo I went and looked at it today, and I'll probably be buying it. I had a little problem with head room, I have about an inch clearance, the car sounded fantastic, started up right away, 8500km original, body was scraped and scrubed a bit, the guy was obviously hand washing it with a dry cloth, nothing a little cut and polish wouldn't fix, I'll just use one of the beyond sponsers (cataline or whatever) in the spring.

Ummmm so it needed new tires in the rear only! wtf does that mean? at only 8500km???? does it really go through tires that fast? or was he fucking it?

Car has a warrenty until 2012. But I would like to do a Carfax, can anyone do it for me? this guy said he was the original owner.

slinkie
11-30-2010, 09:44 PM

Ummmm so it needed new tires in the rear only! wtf does that mean? at only 8500km???? does it really go through tires that fast? or was he fucking it?

must be one of those rwd corvettes, i think its an available option

InRich
11-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by slinkie

must be one of those rwd corvettes, i think its an available option

orrrr your an idiot. I knew that. I was just wondering if it was a little too much wear.... fag.

A790
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM

orrrr your an idiot. I knew that. I was just wondering if it was a little too much wear.... fag.
LOL love how you're the one calling him an idiot when you clearly can't put two and two together.

What's "too much" tire wear? Anyone with the compulsion to do so could burn through a set of tires in a matter of minutes with that much power. High HP RWD car + someone who wants to use that power = rear tire wear.

Nice high horse complex you have there. Sorry about the size of your dick though. :thumbsup:

Disoblige
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
orrrr your an idiot. I knew that. I was just wondering if it was a little too much wear....fag.
So banned3x gets banned for this, what happens now?

leftwing
11-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Maybe 10g into it if you're considering a supercharger. (Which is the only reasonable way to get enough performance gain for it to beat a z06) Then you can drop another 10g into the suspension and tires to get the handling even in the same ballpark as the Corvette's. So now you only have an extra 10g to spend, and you're stuck with a Mustang instead of a Corvette - which is the much more interesting car.

No thanks. :thumbsdow

03/04 cobras are supercharged stock. 4500 for a whipple/kenne bell (upgrade) and your at 600+hp. not to mention a stock cobra is faster in the 1/4 mile than all corvettes EXCEPT 06 and 07 z06's according to www.albeedigital.com .

Also and this is not fact but mere observation from me, id say 03/04 cobras are more rare than corvettes...everybody has a corvette, Im pretty sure I only saw a handful of cobras all summer.

THEMONK
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by racerjim
I agree, i had 25K to spend and now there's a viper in my garage, everyone has a vette. But people stop for pics with a viper. its an insane ride, like it or not but a vette is just a corvette, but a viper is a supercar.

So a ZR-1 beats a Viper (supercar) in every measurable test but it's "just a vette", ummmmm yeah, let me know when you know a little about cars there junior. :thumbsup:

M.alex
11-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Also and this is not fact but mere observation from me, id say 03/04 cobras are more rare than corvettes...everybody has a corvette, Im pretty sure I only saw a handful of cobras all summer.

I'd have to agree with this - all summer I can recall seeing 3 03/04s ..... versus corvettes which I saw at evey corner.

Originally posted by shakalaka
Where'd you get a viper for 25k? What year?

I'm 99% certain I know which Viper he's talking about (if it's local) - it's a salvage title that was (questionably) fixed by a bunch of curbers.

If it's the same one (red, gen 1) it's, mechanical, a POS. Looks good on the surface, yea, but a POS.

Disoblige
11-30-2010, 10:27 PM

I'd have to agree with this - all summer I can recall seeing 3 03/04s ..... versus corvettes which I saw at evey corner.

I'm 99% certain I know which Viper he's talking about (if it's local) - it's a salvage title that was (questionably) fixed by a bunch of curbers.

If it's the same one (red, gen 1) it's, mechanical, a POS. Looks good on the surface, yea, but a POS.
Damn, I saw a red gen 1 in the summer at a Canadian Tire and thought it looked great. Shame to see this comment.

THEMONK
11-30-2010, 10:44 PM

03/04 cobras are supercharged stock. 4500 for a whipple/kenne bell (upgrade) and your at 600+hp. not to mention a stock cobra is faster in the 1/4 mile than all corvettes EXCEPT 06 and 07 z06's according to www.albeedigital.com .

First off an 03/04 Z06 will beat a Cobra in EVERY performance measure, do the research. Second you are saying that you see more Corvettes which were produced since 1953 (56 years and and how many 100,000's made) than 03/04 (2 years of production and a couple a thousand made) Cobras, well that would only make sense. Try comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges, it makes much more sense.

Toma
11-30-2010, 10:46 PM
If this the Jesse or Tom's vette, I dont think you can go wrong.

benyl
11-30-2010, 10:54 PM

Haha, I love how EnRich makes himself feel superior. Putting others down. Awesome! haha. Wonder when the ban stick will hit him in the head...

That is actually less wear than I would expect. My 452 lbft went through a set of rears in 5000 kms without a single burnout.

M.alex
12-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Damn, I saw a red gen 1 in the summer at a Canadian Tire and thought it looked great. Shame to see this comment.

because there's only 1 red gen viper out there and that only 1 has has a salvage title and was being sold for 24-26k :rofl:

;)

shakalaka
12-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I am not too familiar with the Corvette trim levels. Like how does this C5, C6 things work? And Z06 stuff? What years are considered what....and what's essentially the different in them?

Disoblige
12-01-2010, 01:52 AM

because there's only 1 red gen viper out there and that only 1 has has a salvage title and was being sold for 24-26k :rofl:

;)
lol Sheeeeeddaap.

M.alex
12-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am not too familiar with the Corvette trim levels. Like how does this C5, C6 things work? And Z06 stuff? What years are considered what....and what's essentially the different in them?

c5 = 1997 to 2004
c6 = 2005+

z06 = better/bigger engine, suspension, etc....; also z06 is only available in a hardtop; non-z06s are only convertibles or t-tops
zr1 = supercharged

So basically if it isn't a z06 or zr1 it's a poser vehicle ;)

shakalaka
12-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Oh so basically z06 or zr1 doesn't have anything to do with the year of the vehicle? I mean a z06 can be an older one as well? Sort of like GT or non-GT models in Mustang then?

Disoblige
12-01-2010, 02:29 AM
For the newer ones (09+), if you want to compare it as such, ZR1 is the Cobra, and Z06 as the GT. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a bit weird because the C5 Z06 replaced the C4 ZR1, and then the C6 ZR1 replaced that. So there was no C5 ZR1.